• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I find it strange though that they're right about the stuff but get the reason behind them wrong. I think that's what WPM meant by the source fusing lie and truth to avoid legal issues.

No they sent that to WPM to try and make them seem more legit. They took guesses and got some of it wrong. To keep their credibility intact they created a safety net. Adding false info with confirmed info does not protect you against legal actions. They would still be distributing classified information and hiding it in a secretive way which actually would implicate a more severe penalty should the company want to press charges against them.

They are just lucky and good at spouting ********.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wish I were that good...I (and others did too btw) did theorize the fairy type or something along those lines but I never thought it'll actually happen...and was iffy on the name. So for them to get it right...Even Inkay's name...how the heck does someone get a Pokémon's name right out of an infinite number of possibilities?!

Years
No they sent that to WPM to try and make them seem more legit. They took guesses and got some of it wrong. To keep their credibility intact they created a safety net. Adding false info with confirmed info does not protect you against legal actions. They would still be distributing classified information and hiding it in a secretive way which actually would implicate a more severe penalty should the company want to press charges against them.

They are just lucky and good at spouting ********.

Oh come on...
You say that they guessed draining kiss, parabolic charge, proffesor sycamore, sky battle, and the fact that he will give us kanto starter?!

seriously?! how the hell you can guess that?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh come on...
You say that they guessed draining kiss, parabolic charge, proffesor sycamore, sky battle, and the fact that he will give us kanto starter?!

seriously?! how the hell you can guess that?

Sycamore was a name that DID come up as a possible Professor name. It was said in Gen 5 and carried over in Gen 6. They EVEN GOT SYCAMORE WRONG. He wasn't "The regional Professor." according to the rumor. Which, yes he IS the Regional Professor.

Pokemon Handouts are a demand that come out EVERY generation. Its not that surprising that they'd get that out there.

Sky Battles was a rumor I remembered hearing in Gen 4 before I even started getting into the online communities. Its been around since Gen 3 when Ash fought against Winona. She battled Ash in a Sky battle in the finale for their fight. So its been around, circulating just as other rumors that have existed for a long time.

They got lucky on the attacks. Someone could have told them the general idea of it and they made a guess. They have a 50% accuracy rating right now. You cannot deny that they have had bad rumors posted. They've justified bad spelling which destroyed part of the credit, said that there were some things that were partially false or completely false, and then they hit the nail on the head.

Can you tell me how they are not guessing? I've made some guesses this generation that have come true. One of which wasn't exactly what I anticipated but still I made a guess and what I guessed came true with extra info I didn't expect.

They didn't even touch two large scale things that were just shown. If they were really leaking the info they would have known about it.

They are guessing and putting their names on the line. Anyone can make well educated guessed if they do enough research and try to pull info out of representatives that work with, for, or around others that are in the know. This just happens.

Years
If there is a MegaSceptile (which at this point is highly likely) I want it to have an ability that increases "slash" (which would include X-scizzor and other moves involving slashing/cutting) moves.

Years
True, I suppose, but one could argue that Sceptile's stats are by no means bad. Offensively, I'd say it's rather decent. Sure, attack is slightly lackluster, but it's very possible for it to run an SD yet (though truth be told, I don't know much about that set or the success of it, I just know that it could possibly exist).

I'm not sure exactly what stat enhancing abilities would really need in order to perform its purpose effectively. u_u
Me neither. It has good speed, and decent offensive stats. I think the best benefit to Sceptile will be to gain the dragon type (sure it makes it 4x weak against ice but then again Celebi has a lot of 4x weaknesses and is still OU, and Swampert is more used than Sceptile at it's current state). It's ability will have to bring out it's potential...Blaziken's slow but once it get's going it can tear down a team. Blastoise's ability ties in with it's appearance. Think Fat makes Venusaur a hardy plant that can survive in the heat and cold. Mewtwo has "awakened" so it has insomnia. Kanghaskan's baby is finally fighting along side his mom so one get's hit twice instead of once (the damage cause though is debatable). Mawile's Huge power will help it become a power house and fits with it's theme of having attack related abilities.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
True, I suppose, but one could argue that Sceptile's stats are by no means bad. Offensively, I'd say it's rather decent. Sure, attack is slightly lackluster, but it's very possible for it to run an SD yet (though truth be told, I don't know much about that set or the success of it, I just know that it could possibly exist).

I'm not sure exactly what stat enhancing abilities would really need in order to perform its purpose effectively. u_u

Sceptile is actually a very good special attacker. I use it for this purpose because of its great speed and above average special attack.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That's basically what I was saying. ^^; It's quite a powerful Pokemon, so I was unsure of any stat enhancing abilities it would need, if it got a megaevo.

Probably wouldn't be needed in any sort of way, but right now I'd prefer a stat ability over a move ability and have repeats like Mega Launcher, Skill Link, and Contrary where the ability is pretty much useless due to not having enough moves to fit the ability.

Years
Probably wouldn't be needed in any sort of way, but right now I'd prefer a stat ability over a move ability and have repeats like Mega Launcher, Skill Link, and Contrary where the ability is pretty much useless due to not having enough moves to fit the ability.
If MegaSceptile were to have an ability like the one I mentioned with "slash" moves it'll be more used as it has Leaf Blade, Night Slash, and X-Scissor which would be more useful to it than Blastoise move...or maybe instead of powering them up it could raise the Critical hit of "slash" which together with Poké Aime could make this theoretical MegaSceptile a opponent to fear...as it'll virtually mean a lot more crits, especially if they increase it's Attack. Or they could simply give it Super Luck or some variant...which will actually be better ^_^.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't know if it could be brought up here, but who do you all think the new pokemon is that was revealed?

I think it could be a pre evo of Absol, but it kinda looks bigger than Absol, but we know it isn't an evolutions. Someone mentioned that it could be Meowsticks, but it does not look like a cat to me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'd have to go with Normal type or Dark type but since it resembles Absol so much I doubt it will be Dark type to not cause confusion. To me it looks like one of the pokemon you can ride.

Years
That llama-like Pokémon will probably be pure Normal imo, or partially Normal with Dark or Psychic as its 2nd type... x)
It also may be "ride-able". :D

Back