• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hmm I'm not sure. That wasn't stated in gen 4 or 5 where you could trade in all of your pokemon as well. I think this may actually be able to catch all pokemon in these two games
Hmmm
I don't think so. However maybe a good number can be caught as they brought back the old catchphase "Gotta Catch'Em All"...which they did away with in RS...however that was proably due to lack of transfer...and didn't want to put it back in for Gen IV and V for one reason or another...

Edit: I just read the new anime info and it appears Ash knew Serena from childhood...I wonder if this means the player character is from Kanto...perhaps Sycamore studied in Kanto too hence all the starters (there's usually no reason for them having other starters but the fact he gives them to you early on seems like there may be a reason)?

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I don't think so. However maybe a good number can be caught as they brought back the old catchphase "Gotta Catch'Em All"...which they did away with in RS...however that was proably due to lack of transfer...and didn't want to put it back in for Gen IV and V for one reason or another...

Edit: I just read the new anime info and it appears Ash knew Serena from childhood...I wonder if this means the player character is from Kanto...perhaps Sycamore studied in Kanto too hence all the starters (there's usually no reason for them having other starters but the fact he gives them to you early on seems like there may be a reason)?

I'd agree but I don't think they would say all pokemon are available if only a great number was. Hmm this is interesting indeed

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'd agree but I don't think they would say all pokemon are available if only a great number was. Hmm this is interesting indeed
I'm quoting the Polygon interview here "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. But only specific Pokemon have Mega Evolutions; older Pokemon — like Mewtwo, Lucario and the Generation One starters — will have Mega Evolutions, but Pokemon newly introduced in X and Y will not. "

I wonder if perhaps they mispoke. As that'll seem like too much...and will of course virtually elmininate the chances of RS and DP remakes...and RG remake remakes...
However it would make for a large dex...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm quoting the Polygon interview here "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. But only specific Pokemon have Mega Evolutions; older Pokemon — like Mewtwo, Lucario and the Generation One starters — will have Mega Evolutions, but Pokemon newly introduced in X and Y will not. "

I wonder if perhaps they mispoke. As that'll seem like too much...and will of course virtually elmininate the chances of RS and DP remakes...and RG remake remakes...
However it would make for a large dex...

well the kalos dex seemed like it was going to be big.
id assume having the kanto starters and mewtwo would rule out RG remakes
and also a special blazeakin would rule out rs wouldnt it? especially if we get any hoenn legendary in game

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
A Dragon Dance set with Aggron would be deathly, specially with its high defenses. The thing that I'm hoping for the most is a Rock type attacking move with a good secondary effect. I could totally see a Rock type move with a Paralyzing secondary effect, something similar to Body Slam where its paralyzed from brute force.

We do need more of these kinds of moves, don't we?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That polygon quote is vague. They could just be stating the obvious in that all previous pokemon will be programmed into the game.

It seems too good to be true that the kalos region would be home to every pokemon. Maybe at a stretch I could see all available except starter pokemon and legendaries.

It does seem like we'll be getting a large amount, maybe the kalos pokedex will have 400-500 pokemon?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I feel if they were to be too debuffed it'll defeat the purpose of them being called Stronger forms of the Pokemon. They're suppose to be powerful according to advertisements, so if there's a debuff I don't see it being too significant as to still have them be more Powerful versions of pre existing Pokemon. Also keep in mind that GF is trying to pass them off as evolutions...semi permanent...so while they don't fit our typical view of evolutions they are according to word of creator (GF in this case) technically evolutions.

So, does this foreshadow the removal of the two-evolution limit next generation if the fans like Mega Evolutions?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
That polygon quote is vague. They could just be stating the obvious in that all previous pokemon will be programmed into the game.

It seems too good to be true that the kalos region would be home to every pokemon. Maybe at a stretch I could see all available except starter pokemon and legendaries.

It does seem like we'll be getting a large amount, maybe the kalos pokedex will have 400-500 pokemon?

whats so vague about all pokemon will be available in XY ? i dont think masuda would fly 5334 miles and 11 hours on a plane to state the obvious sir

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I do not think they mean right away. A good amount will probably be after you beat the game. The train is lible to take you to some place where you can catch a ton of pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I do not think they mean right away. A good amount will probably be after you beat the game. The train is lible to take you to some place where you can catch a ton of pokemon.

Oh yea of course .
Frankly I don't want all pokemon to be available in XY . I kinda a blue and emerald remake/sequel

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
whats so vague about all pokemon will be available in XY ? i dont think masuda would fly 5334 miles and 11 hours on a plane to state the obvious sir

It's vague because it's unclear whether they meant that all pokemon will be programmed into pokemon x y (which is obvious to us) or that they mean all pokemon will be catchable in the kalos region. (which isn't obvious to us)

They're two different scenarios.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
It's vague because it's unclear whether they meant that all pokemon will be programmed into pokemon x y (which is obvious to us) or that they mean all pokemon will be catchable in the kalos region. (which isn't obvious to us)

They're two different scenarios.

That would be like saying you can catch pokemon ( which is obvious to us )

But I do understand where you are coming from.

The thing is the statement right after

X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.

Hmm but maybe your right maybe it's vague .
Well only a little while longer

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
All previous pokemon available in X & Y seems iffy to me. Does this include all legendaries and all previous starters?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would be like saying you can catch pokemon ( which is obvious to us )

But I do understand where you are coming from.

The thing is the statement right after

X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.

Hmm but maybe your right maybe it's vague .
Well only a little while longer

That can simply mean that the data for all Pokemon exists in the new games...which the data for all pokemon existed in every game to date so its a vague statement.

Like they said it has two meanings, first meaning is something we already know is going to happen and that is that all 700+ Pokemon that currently exist are programmed into this game.

The second meaning is that all 700+ Pokemon are available for capture in some way shape or form in these games.

I find the latter hard to believe as Event Only Pokemon are usually only available for event downloads.

As for Matsuda traveling far to tell us something meaningless....yes he does that on a fairly frequent basis...practically every time he travels with an announcement...its usually something meaningless. We've been lucky to get real news this time for X and Y but he still travels a lot just to tell us about things that really aren't important.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Ice Fossil has an Ice-Type Move that is Super-Effective against Water Type moves?

So this is the so called "Dual-Type attack"?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Ice Fossil has an Ice-Type Move that is Super-Effective against Water Type moves?

That has nothing to do with "Dual Typing". Its an ability that the attack itself will have that completely ignores type chart relationship of the type of attack and type of Pokemon. Such a thing has been done before in Gens 1, 4, and 5 (I think its these three) where it ignores type and does flat damage. "Dual Typing" would literally have two types present in the attack which this attack does not have. Its an Ice type attack with a special effect against Water type Pokemon, but still only effects other Pokemon types normally.

I wonder if it really will ignore the type match up or nullify Water Type's Resistance causing the attack to do normal damage. If so, its still fairly easy to block with Thick Fat.

Also moves that change type have existed since Generation 2...so that is not "Dual Type attacks" either. If its something new, it'll be brand spanking new and not something we've seen done in past generations like Type changing attacks and attacks with effects that nullify type match up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014

Not exactly, like XanderO said its an ice type move that hits water type for 2x damage. I would imagine the water type resistance will not be taken into consideration here since then the attack would not function as is intended.

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
Years
Sorry if im interupting but has anyone heard of the starters Rumor

The chespin evolution line is based of a paladin

The fenniken evolution line will be based of a mage

The froakie evolution line will be based of a fighter or an assassin

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Sorry if im interupting but has anyone heard of the starters Rumor

The chespin evolution line is based of a paladin

The fenniken evolution line will be based of a mage

The froakie evolution line will be based of a fighter or an assassin

Yeah it has being discussed, I for one am hoping Chespin does evolve into a Knight or Paladin since that's my favorite RPG class.

Back