• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think there are some gameplay videos around somewhere. Abyssal Chronicles have some videos up of it if you go to their site (not linking because lol I think that place has a forum). I'm curious to see how UFOtable did on the animation and everything (I know there are videos, but I mean most than just what's in the videos), then they took the spot as the animators. I liked their job on Tales of Symphonia: The Animation, but that's the most of what I know from them.

My Max Combo score is pretty pathetic at a bit over 100 in Tales of Symphonia. Enough for Lloyd to get his title, yeah.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I was considering preo-ordering Xillia but I get the most enjoyment out of Tales games in English so I'll wait and see if it gets localized first and, if not, hopefully it'll get a best-of release. Also none of the characters look interesting to me and I don't know a thing about the plot. I'd mostly be getting it to see how well the movable-camera works and that's kind of a bad reason to buy a game, lol. :B

I have no idea what my max combo is because I never, ever pay attention to it. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What I currently find most interesting about Xillia right now (plot wise) is the fact that there are two sides of the story, and you either pick Jude's side, or Milla's side. I'm not too sure which side I would choose first if I ever did pick up the game. xD; Other than those two characters though, I have nooo idea about the other characters. I think I heard about them localizing it, but I think they might wait and see how well Graces F buys out before officially considering it. I think I might buy Graces F, just to show that I'm a Tales of Fan and that I do want them to release more things in English.

Cherrim

Years
I'll buy Graces just for that... I have almost no interest in playing the game itself but I do want them to localize new games so I'll definitely show my support there. :<

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
What I currently find most interesting about Xillia right now (plot wise) is the fact that there are two sides of the story, and you either pick Jude's side, or Milla's side. I'm not too sure which side I would choose first if I ever did pick up the game. xD; Other than those two characters though, I have nooo idea about the other characters. I think I heard about them localizing it, but I think they might wait and see how well Graces F buys out before officially considering it. I think I might buy Graces F, just to show that I'm a Tales of Fan and that I do want them to release more things in English.
Either that, or if fan cries for it. Like they did with Graces.

I'll buy Graces just for that... I have almost no interest in playing the game itself but I do want them to localize new games so I'll definitely show my support there. :<

Buying Graces for just localizing. Man, Graces is amazing :). It has a very good story, and the battle system is very addicting. Well to me that is. Also I'll be buying Graces in English as well. trying to make money to get yen psn cards to get Sophie's "Anise" Costume, and Cheria's "Natalia" Costumes. :)

EDIT: Idk my max combo I got yet, I have to look it up I know it is in my Graces File.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Either that, or if fan cries for it. Like they did with Graces.

People cried for it so much because it was a good game and (ever more so) because there hasn't been a release since Vesperia. Now that could stab us in the back. We cried for it, and thus if they don't get the sales they're expecting from Graces F they might become more stubborn. Unlikely, since it seems like they're going to try localize more games, but in reality it's all about the money, just like with everything else. They don't get the amount they're looking for, then they're going to think that localizing things aren't worth it.

ソラ

Years

People cried for it so much because it was a good game and (ever more so) because there hasn't been a release since Vesperia. Now that could stab us in the back. We cried for it, and thus if they don't get the sales they're expecting from Graces F they might become more stubborn. Unlikely, since it seems like they're going to try localize more games, but in reality it's all about the money, just like with everything else. They don't get the amount they're looking for, then they're going to think that localizing things aren't worth it.

Maybe they will would advertise it better they will get more sells. In my opinion Namco doesnt put too much effort into tales games for outside Japan. I never even heard of Tales games till 2009 or last year (On of those two). Never seen a single Commercial, or advertisement. The only reason we know that abyss and graces f is coming to america cause of the internet, People who doesnt have the internet wouldnt even know it exists. Fact is, Namco games other than Tales, sells more. They need to put more effort and not keep fans in the dark about Tales games. I mean it been Months since we heard a single news about Graces F. all we know it is releasing 2012, that is all no trailer, no information, nothing.

Cherrim

Years
Well it's sort of a vicious circle. Namco doesn't advertise the Tales games much, so they don't sell many... and then they don't sell many, so they funnel their marketing budget into more successful series that they know are attention grabbers. :(

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Tales series should be advertised. I already imagined an Abyss commercial. Starting with Jade saying "What would you do if you weren't really you?" Then Asch saying "Why you think you and I have the same face?" (Not showing Luke though to prevent spoilers) then Sync saying one of his "Replicas are just trash" lines, then a few replica moral conflicts later, it would go into gameplay details. And of course epic anime scenes.

Cherrim

Years
Honestly, if they did a commercial I worry it would end up like the first English trailer that was released... and it was pretty horrible. :'( If they stuck to anime cutscenes, though, it'd probably be better.

ソラ

Years
All I know Japan Tales they know how to advertise it. Their Trailers are amazing. Some of the english Abyss 3D Trailers like the game play trailer .... Im sorry but that was terrible.. I love abyss but the 3d gameplay they showed at Gamescon. Ive been watching Xillia, and Graces Japanese Trailers, I was convinced to get it.

Cherrim

Years
Yeah but Tales is waaay bigger in Japan than here, hence the whole marketing budget thing. :( I also don't think their commercials would work as well here, since a lot of emphasis is just on the generic plots and then the mystic arte cut-ins IIRC which... probably would not be a big deal at all, here.

ソラ

Years
That is most true. Somethings in America that aren't popular that came from Japan, are a lot more popular in Japan.

Anyways, Since I got what I need in ToGf, Imma start my Sophie Solo run today. But not in Chaos Mode :x that stuff is scary D:.

Also, I made a file for Tales of Hearts a few days ago :3 via rom, but god Shingu's voice :DDDDD

ソラ

Years
I'm playing Hearts without the english translation, I like Japanese, and I know what happens but not so sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've gotten myself a little bit more obsessed with Tales of Symphonia again so sometime this week I might just start it up and play a little bit of my current file. It's one I completely started over, and I want to see how much I can get done (even though I accidentally missed an easy title at the beginning of the game) in one play through. I managed to get Colette's "Friendship First" title; now I'm trying to aim for Genis' "I Hate Gels" title.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'm playing Hearts without the english translation, I like Japanese, and I know what happens but not so sure.

What do you mean by like Japanese? You actually understand some of it? I know some people don't care and just play for the gameplay itself. It's hard for me to fully experience the game that way, which is why I don't mind having to wait for Graces or Xillia.

ソラ

Years
What do you mean by like Japanese? You actually understand some of it? I know some people don't care and just play for the gameplay itself. It's hard for me to fully experience the game that way, which is why I don't mind having to wait for Graces or Xillia.

I mean I like the language Japanese. I do actually understand most of it. But Im no where near fluent I catch some things i understand. Also the scenes help alot. I been playing Japanese games before I took classes, Most of it I guess. I love story, and gameplay. But Graces as a wonderful story and a superb battle system.

Yeah if Xillia gets a localization.

Cherrim

Years
I have no real interest in trying out the DS games. (Hearts... was one of the DS titles, right? XD) I tried Innocence as soon as Absolute Zero was done with their translation patch and I did enjoy it somewhat up until... a certain near-impossible boss fight and I just didn't like the characters or the story enough to grind long enough to get past there. :/ And since that was in English and I didn't get through it, I just kind of ignore the other ones. /bad tales fan

Apparently Tales of Xillia got a 39/40 from Famitsu! Not that... it... means anything at all to me since iirc Nintendogs got 40/40 and it was absolutely horrible. (And so did FF13, I think? And it was mediocre at best...) But still! I look forward to hearing about it from people who've played it. If it's good and it never gets localized, I'll probably import eventually.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
well from all the trailer xilla doesn't interest me the bit like Abyss on the 3ds has.

on that note still waiting for TotW RM 3

also I wondering was ToD2 good on the PSP and wroth importing?

just cause I might get it along with ToPX when I next decide to buy them.

Back