• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Frozen Gate [*Burp*]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes, very good to hear! I edited a bit in the special skills section of the SU, so we'll see if that'll fix my 321 problem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Name: Ryuka
Species: Riolu

Appearance: Ryuka looks similar to any other Riolu in terms of his size. The most notable way his appearance differs from the norm is that his eyes are sky blue as opposed to red like most Riolu and Lucario. His fur is also a slightly lighter shade of blue than usual but not by much.

Personality: Ryuka can be seen as an innocent child. He's never one to knowingly do wrong to others and he has a strong sense of justice. He's also willingly to help those in need and stand up for what he believes in whenever he has to.

Ryuka is a gentle individual and loves making new friends. He can also be timid and gets scared easily at times. Ryuka tends to be oblivious and naive, and can be easy to manipulate. However, if he is being manipulated and he decides what he's being told to do will result in causing harm to himself or others he will stop.

When first meeting new people Ryuka will try to be friendly but starts off nervous, often leading to a bit of stuttering. He tends to hide behind someone he trusts when meeting someone else for the first time unless there's no one around to hide behind, in which case he slowly inches away until it becomes clear they mean him no harm. If it becomes clear that they do intend to cause him harm, Ryuka will run away, only ever fighting back if he's cornered or if there's someone besides him at risk of getting hurt. If Ryuka notices some commotion that doesn't involve him or anyone he knows, like a group of gossiping villagers, he will curiously approach them to hear what they're saying but will hide behind something as he's listening until he gets noticed, in which case he will start off afraid to come out of hiding but will slowly reveal himself to the group unless they prove hostile. Despite his gentle and timid nature, Ryuka gets very excited when he makes a new friend.

In contrast to his timid nature, Ryuka hates being alone and likes to be around others, especially those he considers a friend. He is very loyal to his friends and will do almost anything for them. If a friend is in danger, he will put all fear aside to protect them. However, he can be rather dependent on others for strength and courage. If Ryuka is left alone he begins to feel weak and afraid. As a result of this fact, Ryuka is at his worst when there's no one to watch over him.

Moves: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Vacuum Wave, Counter, Feint, Endure

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
Here's my form! It's a bit long, so I put it under a spoiler. I've just joined, so there isn't an image for Marisol yet, but I'll add it as soon as I'm able
Spoiler:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Hey everyone! Love seeing the new SUs!

I'll take a look at them soon! :) Then we'll do judging either tomorrow or within the next couple of days.

Just posting to say that this RP is still rolling strong!

Kikpanther

Years
Yes! We saw it and now it's time to get this show on the road! Sorry it's taken so long, the CoGM has been experiencing some trouble and I was going to wait, but it's better just to continue on.

So let the judging begin!

Plumbum, Turnip, Tojin, MurkMire, Skymin, Andydemon, Dinkleseed, and WishingWell you are all ACCEPTED!

Congratulations! :) Welcome aboard! I will be sending some PMs after this.

Greiger you are PENDING

E: We were able to work out some stuff, now you do the rest!

That's all for today! :) Welcome aboard everyone who is aboard! We're working the IC now so the wait shouldn't be long.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Until I get my SU properly down, I will withdraw from this rp. It's only right that I get my character together in a correct way rather than force everyone to wait for me. I'll see what I can manage, so have fun guys.

Kikpanther

Years
IC has been submitted with some shoddy CSS! :P But maybe it'll switch up as we get farther down in the RP.

Anyways, once the IC is up everyone go post crazy!

Peeps who are pending, please finish your SU or send a message if you won't continue with the RP.

Thank you! :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
UPDATED MY F**KING SU! GAH! I'M DONE WITH IT! GRADE IT NOW!

Kikpanther

Years
ALRIGHT! I'M GRADING IT NOW! AND....

YOU GET AN A FOR ACCEPTED! CONGRATULATIONS GET ON BOARD AND POST!

Also, for anyone who might read this, we're extending the member limit to 10 since Greiger bumped us up to 9. ;) Aren't even numbers awesome?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
dunsparce_by_goomdrop-d9i8sqn.png
Xenorenaios Aeschylus Pachis
Sixteen years of age,
Species: Dunsparce, Ability: Rattled, Level: 12
Magic Coat, Rage, Defense Curl, Rollout, Spite, Pursuit

Appearance
Oren is among the ranks of "shiny" Dunsparce, having a light pink hue where most of his kind wear blue. He's also a bit of a runt, and his expression tends to appear reserved and slightly distraught most of the time. The area where his tail meets stinger is adorned with a bronze bracelet crested with a large obsidian stone, the symbol of his house.

Background
Timidity is often thought to be a common trait among Dunsparce, who immediately turn tail and burrow into the earth at the sight of a foreign creature, but Oren has managed to outclass the rest of his species in that regard. The natural fear of the unknown that plagues his kind is only amplified by a life of rejection and ostracism. This pitiful existence started at the moment of his birth, when his parents were introduced to his foreign appearance and proceeded to name him for it, adding insult to injury by giving him a second name that means "shameful." He may not have been able to comprehend it at the time, but he was both unwanted and avoided from the instant he entered the world.

In some cases, a so-called "shiny" Pokémon may be revered by its contemporaries, but Oren's strange, bright coloring is wont to attract attention, which is a negative trait to have among his kind. He grew up being told that practically every day, and now he understands it. It's no one else's fault that he's an abomination, being both weak in frame and bold in appearance. He's learned to accept his inferiority, and he doesn't blame anyone other than himself for it. He simply bows his head and takes his punishment. In his heart he's a criminal, and he'll be forever repenting for his greatest of crimes: being born. He counts himself lucky that his family didn't abandon him the moment they saw what a monstrosity he was. He has no idea why they didn't, but now it's all he can do to try and repay them that kindness.

Naturally, he had no friends growing up. Dunsparce dwell deep beneath the ground, rarely encountering other Pokémon, and as all other Dunsparce made sure to avoid him, there was no one there to be kind to him. But what kindness is owed to someone of his ilk? It would be far too much to ask for anything more.

As he grew, however, curiosity began to bloom within him. He started making brief escapades to the surface, where he would learn to be both terrified and amazed. Normally a Dunsparce would stick to its colony underground, but since he was barely welcome there, there was nothing to restrain his curiosity other than his fear, and that proved the weaker of the two forces.

The first time he met another Pokémon, he was absolutely terrified. He hid, watching from afar as he studied the new creature. Eventually he would build up the courage to start approaching some of the other beings that he saw, and that would transform his world entirely

To everyone else, a Dunsparce was a rarity on its own. A shiny Dunsparce even more so. But unlike his own kind, they did not shun him; if anything, they embraced him, often gladly taking the opportunity to become acquainted with this odd creature. And that's when he realized what the surface had to offer him: it could give him a life, one that might actually be worth living.

It wasn't long before he began bringing objects from beneath the earth with him whenever he went to the surface, learning to barter with other Pokémon for his "wares." He gained a knack for trade, and eventually became decently skilled as a merchant. The things he had to offer were, in his opinion, little more than worthless commodities he could find underground with ease, such as rare gems and stones, but the surface dwellers seemed to enjoy them. And he enjoyed what they had to offer.

After a few years of bartering and collecting items from the world above, he decided on a new course of action.

Gathering up the things he wanted to keep the most, he left his home beneath the ground, never looking back to say farewell to those he was leaving behind. Partly because he was scared to, and partly because he knew they wouldn't care.

He wandered around for a while, searching for new opportunities to trade items and explore this brand new world. It wasn't too long before he heard about the Glade Springs Explorer's Guild, which seemed to offer up exactly what he was looking for.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Alright, sorry for the wait, finally got around to reading this.

Okay, the biggest thing here is that... there's no personality section. While typically this RP is lenient on sign-up forms and guidelines, one of the main requirements is a description of the character's personality, just so we can have an idea of what kind of character we're working with. You have a background section, which gives us a brief glimpse into what he's like, but it leaves a lot of questions regarding the character himself. I don't know much about his personality aside from what is mentioned in the background, such as timidity and insecurity. What I'm saying is, it's not enough to form an accurate picture of what the character himself is like.

I like how you incorporated the shininess into his character, though, rather than the boring "lol he's shiny because it looks kewl" approach most shiny OC's take. For right now, I'm going to say it's pending. Expand on his personality, tell us about his character, his strengths, his weaknesses, and we'll have no issues at all in accepting him. :D

Parasyct

Ya Boi
Years
Heyhey! This will be, like, my first RPG ever, so I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything with great amounts of quality, but I'll do my best! Also English is not my first language so I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors or lack of vocabulary, even though I'm kind of fluent xD

Gender: Male || Ability: Prankster || Moves: Leer, Astonish, Night Shade, Recover, Fury Swipes, Detect

Alf the Sableye

302.png
Appearence:Alf has the exact same appearance of every other Sableye, which used to make him feel frustrated and shattered his individuality when he was with his brothers. To solve this problem, he made a necklace from small shiny stones he found in an underground cave, which he wears all the time. He's a bit twitchy, especially when nervous or excited, and his gem-like eyes sparkle in some occasions.

Personality: Perhaps because he was used to be someone else's minion, following orders without question, Alf doesn't have a very distinctive and developed personality yet. As he integrates in society as a normal Pokémon, he is turning out to be a pretty reliable and energetic character, although a little dense at times.

Alf is a very hardworking Pokémon and takes every task he's assigned with with
seriousness. He has gladly helped people in towns, doing various jobs such as delivery man, shop assistant and even some minor independent rescues. As a guild member he has this exact behavior, always ready to get into action and both focused and determined in it. He's a simple Pokémon, never overthinks, always sincere with his feelings and doesn't have preconceptions about anyone, treating people at least with education in the majority of cases. He loves dark places, shiny stones and artifacts and has recently taken a liking to adventures and exploring and tales of treasures and mystical places. Though he's a bit shy, he likes meeting new people and making friends.

Besides these positive traits that make the Sableye look like a rather noble individual, he has some flaws too. From the fact of being simple and not very experienced in social interactions, he tends to be sort of ingenuous. He isn't particularly good at reading others and can't usually detect what the real intentions of other Pokémons are, what leads him to being easily tricked or mistakenly doing bad things for someone without meaning it. This also makes him slightly socially inept because he may understand situations wrong and turn things a bit awkward; sometimes making others consider him as flighty and odd, or at least he believes so. Alf also has a tendency to be a little naughty and playing pranks on others, an old habit of his, but he only does so when bored and not with pure bad intentions. He hates being exposed to bright lights and crowded places and may get angry if people forget him and leave him out of their plans.

Brief History: Alf used to be the assistant of a certain evil lord along with his brothers, doing all sorts of dirty work for him without question. However, one day this lord was defeated and him and his brothers all decided to flee into freedom and live their own individual lives, ashamed of their past. The Sableye then started leaving normally around a faraway town, feeling that he should do something to make his name become known for something else then being a mere pawn. Hearing various stories from explorers and travelers in the nearby cafés during some jobs, Alf soon became fascinated with adventures and started dreaming of all the glory and fame of explorations, which could bring a breath of fresh air to his life and set him up for many wonderful experiences. Not too much time passed until the little elf Pokémon decided to sign up for the Glade Spring's Explorers Guild.

Skills: Good sense of direction when in dark locations, fast when moving and attacking and good eye for finding hidden things.

Weaknesses: Bright lights, might get disoriented in the middle over-complicated strategies and gets somewhat easily tricked by smarter Pokémon

RedHead!

flying-type enthusiast
Years
Name: Zack
Level: 13
Species: Starly
Moves: Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, and Roost, which he inherited from his father
Ability: Keen Eye
Appearance: Looks like a normal Starly for the most part, but he has three feathers at the top of his head instead of one, and he wears a pendant of a feather that he doesn't like to share the story of how he got it.
Personality: Zack is very brave, he is not afraid of anything, which isn't always a good thing. He has a HUGE ego, and doesn't work well with others. However, if you take the time to get to know him and befriend him, you will have a friend for life. He is also very determined, he will NEVER give up, no matter what. He doesn't like to talk about his family. He left them long ago and wants to join so that he can have some real friends, and because he lives adventures.

Kikpanther

Years
Woo! I have not looked at this OOC. :X That's my fault guys.

I sent Paras a VM. Sorry again! >.< If you're still interested you're Accepted! ;)

RedHead, your SU doesn't quite meet the 321 rule, but we're going to make an exception this time and accept you as well. ;) However, be sure to focus on your character development throughout the RP.

The only problem we have now is the limit on who can be in the RP. We have been having some issues with activity so this might clear up, but as it is now we don't have room for more people. If Paras still wants to join the RP you'll sadly have to wait for openings to join the RP RedHead (unless we work something out).

Thanks for signing up guys!

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Hm, that's odd, this OOC thread hasn't been posted in in a long time, but the IC thread was posted in as of yesterday. I wonder what's going on with that?

So Kikpanther, I see that you stated "All Pokemon will be level 10-15 at the start of the RP" but you also stated that only legends/myths are forbidden.

How do you feel about taking on a second-stage evolved Pokemon at a low level? Sometimes in the games we will find evolved Pokemon at a lower level in the wild than when they evolve when humans raise it, after all.

I ask because I'd like to find a roleplay for my Xatu character (a character I've played as before), a female elderly Oracle (clairvoyant). But I don't want her to be unequal in power level to the young'uns, so I'm willing to bump her down in level, even if she's still a Xatu. What're your thoughts?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Woo! I have not looked at this OOC. :X That's my fault guys.

I sent Paras a VM. Sorry again! >.< If you're still interested you're Accepted! ;)

RedHead, your SU doesn't quite meet the 321 rule, but we're going to make an exception this time and accept you as well. ;) However, be sure to focus on your character development throughout the RP.

The only problem we have now is the limit on who can be in the RP. We have been having some issues with activity so this might clear up, but as it is now we don't have room for more people. If Paras still wants to join the RP you'll sadly have to wait for openings to join the RP RedHead (unless we work something out).

Thanks for signing up guys!
indeed it is a bit strange. Kikpanther, is your RP still alive, despite the OOC thread being even past the GM revival limit? (Two months)

Kikpanther

Years
The RP is alive. We've been doing a lot in a Google Doc where we write the posts and then post them in the IC. We don't use the OOC thread instead we have a Skype group that we invite our new members in to!

Sorry for not replying here. :) The reason things seem so empty is because replies have been slow for a myriad of reasons and I have checked the Docs more than PC. My apologies. We are working on getting things going at a normal pace so if people are still interested please say so!

Sorry again for not replying! :(

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
The RP is alive. We've been doing a lot in a Google Doc where we write the posts and then post them in the IC. We don't use the OOC thread instead we have a Skype group that we invite our new members in to!

Sorry for not replying here. :) The reason things seem so empty is because replies have been slow for a myriad of reasons and I have checked the Docs more than PC. My apologies. We are working on getting things going at a normal pace so if people are still interested please say so!

Sorry again for not replying! :(
Is there a link to the Google Doc in this thread that I missed? I'd be interested to see it for myself. The Skype room too, at any point I'm deemed a "new member."
Kikpanther said:
If you're still interested I'm interested in your idea, but I would need a convincing explanation why you Xatu has evolved early but is still so low leveled. Do you have any ideas?
Certainly. You see, my Xatu character is quite old, and has a lot of experience with psychic abilities and clairvoyance, as is the Xatu trend. However, her experience on the battlefield itself is low.

That's the IC explanation, the OOC explanation is that the character doesn't really work as well as a Natu - Natus don't look elderly and they don't have the same ties to clairvoyance. But I still want to follow your rules about level, hence my compromise question.

Would you like to see an SU?

Back