• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced DTSW (Date Time Season Weather) System Starter Kit

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Advanced DTSW (Date Time Season Weather) System Starter Kit *First Version Up!!!*

Date, Time, Season, & Weather System for XP

Version: 0.25 (Unfinished, but nearly there)

Note: Not specifically Pokemon-related

Introduction

Hi! I'm relatively new around here, but I was hoping to leave my mark on the boards anyway. I have been making long and complicated events for quite a while, and I finally decided that I wanted to make a weather system. Well, once I began working on that, I realized it would be easy to add in a day/night system. I continued to add frills, and I finally realized I had the most advanced interconnecting event system I've ever seen. Not only will there be day/night, but there will be different seasons, with different tinting based on the season, both day and night. There is a preprogrammed calendar, with an event added to the map that allows the player not only to know what time of day it is in the game, but what day of what season.

Information

Not only will there be day/night, but there will be different seasons, with different tinting based on the season, both day and night. There is a preprogrammed calendar, with an event added to the map that allows the player not only to know what time of day it is in the game, but what day of what season. There are different time systems for underground and inside, which require different tinting.The weather system has semi-randomized weather, based off of what the current weather is, from blizzards to thunderstorms to windstorms. Not only that, but the weather is also based upon where you are, either desert, mountains, the far north (snowy tileset), or plains etc. (All the rest of the tilesets)

Features

*Day/Night (Event-based)
*Seasonal variations in color (Event-based)
*Different, non seasonal time system for inside and underground
*120 day calendar, with 30 days per season. (Event-based)
*Day and night broken into three sections, all with a different name, (Morning etc.) (Event-based)
*At least nine distinct types of weather, with several variations on most. (For example, scattered showers to a rainstorm are one type) (Event-based)
*Examples of how to change between the inside, outside, and underground event-based Day/Night systems.
*Examples of how to control the weather system, or even specify a specific type of weather for a map.

Known Problems

*Windy weather is jumpy on slower processors. (And maybe fast ones too, I'm not sure)
*Snow, desert, and mountain weather systems are unfinished.
*Weather control examples have yet to be given.
*Large events can cause annoying jumps in the character's movement.
*When you go into the house from below ground, the outside time system kicks in. (Just fixed it, but the newer version hasn't been posted yet)
*For all I know, the whole thing is jumpy on slow processors.

Please, if you find a problem, feel free to post it.

Screenshots
(Beware, I love screenshots!)

SpringDay.png

Daytime in spring.

SpringNight.png

Nighttime In spring.

SummerDay.png

Day in summer.

SummerNight.png

Nighttime in summer.

FallDay.png

Day in fall.

FallNight.png

Nighttime in fall.

WinterDay.png

Day in winter.

WinterNight.png

Nighttime in winter.

WinterEvening.png

Evening inside.

SummerNighttime.png

Nighttime inside.

Underground.png

Underground.

Rain.png

Raining in spring.

Lightning.png

Lightning during a thunderstorm.

Foggy.png

A foggy day in spring.

Other Information and Requests

Please, feel free to experiment with this system. If you use it, please add the names specified by the blue-clothed guy in the house (me) to the credits of your game. Also, if you experiment and find a solution to any problems within the system, please submit it, and your name will be added to the list of those in the credits. The same goes for anyone who comes up with new types of weather, which I would gladly add in. (Any type of weather except sandstorms, which I already have planned for the desert region)

Demo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2VWPBYI

Last edited:
Years
It is a very nice idea. However, you might not want to put alot time into this, as the features you meantioned are all (and more) in the ATS (Avanced Time System) in combination with the AWS (Advanced Weather System) by Near Fantasica, Dubealex and Ccoa.

Glitchfinder

Years
It is a very nice idea. However, you might not want to put alot time into this, as the features you meantioned are all (and more) in the ATS (Avanced Time System) in combination with the AWS (Advanced Weather System) by Near Fantasica, Dubealex and Ccoa.

Are they event-based, or script-based? My systems are event-based, making them much easier for a beginner to edit.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to script. (Nor do I want to, at this point in time) I prefer to leave scripting to those who know how to script.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Those systems are script based. And depending on the complexity of the system, both event and script-based ones are hard to edit.

Glitchfinder

Years
Those systems are script based. And depending on the complexity of the system, both event and script-based ones are hard to edit.

Some of the more complicated weather (The ones with loops, like thunderstorms and scattered showers) may be hard to edit, but not as hard as scripting when you have no idea how to script. Oh, and I'll have version one out later today.

Years
Nevertheless, event-based systems are prone to be slower and heavier on memroy and CPU loads. But if you want to make it, do it.

Glitchfinder

Years
Nevertheless, event-based systems are prone to be slower and heavier on memroy and CPU loads. But if you want to make it, do it.

The weather is all done. Now I just have to put it all together.

EDIT: I just updated the first post! Now it has the first version ready to download!

Last edited:
Back