• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fuligin

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
What do I use to play this on? VBA won't support it

You need to patch the ips file to a fire red rom.

In my experience, all my pokemon that evolve through trades have evolved at level 42.

This was true for my Haunter --->Gengar & Scyther --> Scizor

Hope that helps.

Your experience would be correct. I think Kadabra is the only one who doesn't evolve at 42. He evolves at 36. Although some evolve with stones like clampearl.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
What do I use to play this on? VBA won't support it
Worked well on my VBA. You might've patched the wrong ROM version.

EDIT:

I recommend Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2, you can get it from the Official site here: vba.ngemu.com
downloads, for version 1.7.2 (latest Stable release) are listed at the top of the download page. VBA works on Windows, Mac OSX,and Linux computers.
Mac OSX users that use Lion want to get MacBoyAdvance or VBA-M. VBA won't work since Lion got rid of Rosetta (and both are a little faster anyway due to being Intel only.)

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for your reply!
But I have another question... uh... I finished the event with Mewtwo and Deoxys in Crimson Canyon... and I went down the waterfall and ended up in my hometown. What do I do now??

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Thank you for your reply!
But I have another question... uh... I finished the event with Mewtwo and Deoxys in Crimson Canyon... and I went down the waterfall and ended up in my hometown. What do I do now??

You must go back to Crimson City and then defeat the Gym Leader, that's Professor Oak, I think this is it...

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I tried your hack last weekend and thought of posting some critic about it.
As you've already gotten lots of positive feedback, having negative shouldn't hurt either.

I read what you wrote in the main post about the hack "not being so cool" but as I saw other people like it, I decided to try it out just to see how it is. There are lots of things that should be improved: grammar, bugs (I remember "Gary" talking something strange in Pokemon lab about Prof. Oak being away while he was there or something similar to that, also the route next to the starting town wasn't next to it in town map etc.), overall gameplay...

What I disliked the most is that the game is way too similar to FireRed - at least in the beginning. And the beginning is actually the most important part of the hack which shows the player the overall look of the hack and after that, the player makes his/her decision whether to continue playing the hack or not. I made the decision to quit after I had battled the rival first time and got beaten by that "Sentret-trainer" in Route 3. The reason for that is mainly because nothing exciting happened that would have made me want to continue playing it. And as I said before, I didn't like the grammar either because it doesn't match with the game any way. "Bad" grammar is okay in some parts but it's too constant at least in the beginning.

But as you finished the whole hack already, I don't see a point in re-making stuff either but in case you're going to go with another hack after this one, make sure to get the job done better!

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I'm going to have to agree with miksy here. Although this hack has a ton of potential, as all hacks do, I couldn't get past the first three routes. Reason? I didn't want to. The hack was uninteresting and boring.

The hack has a ton of grammar errors, lack of detailed plot, and other things that could have been fixed with a little effort. Overall, I was just confused, like when Prof. Oak says to "Go get his watch in the forest," I spent like, half an hour searching on route one, only to find it was on route two.

I'm not saying this is a terrible hack, I hate it, or that other people shouldn't play it, I am saying that a lot more work could have been put into this and should have if you want the broader hacking population to play this.

~sincerely, teejermiester

Years
Where do you find the legendary/special event pokemons.

I have so far found Moltres,Zapdos,Articuno,MewTwo,Suicune,Deoxys,Lugia,Ho-Oh and Celebi, but now i am stuck with thoose, so what do I have to do next now to find the rest?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
I'm going to have to agree with miksy here. Although this hack has a ton of potential, as all hacks do, I couldn't get past the first three routes. Reason? I didn't want to. The hack was uninteresting and boring.

The hack has a ton of grammar errors, lack of detailed plot, and other things that could have been fixed with a little effort. Overall, I was just confused, like when Prof. Oak says to "Go get his watch in the forest," I spent like, half an hour searching on route one, only to find it was on route two.

I'm not saying this is a terrible hack, I hate it, or that other people shouldn't play it, I am saying that a lot more work could have been put into this and should have if you want the broader hacking population to play this.

~sincerely, teejermiester

Can't say I didn't warn ya :P
I used this hack mostly to learn the different elements of hacking.

Where do you find the legendary/special event pokemons.

I have so far found Moltres,Zapdos,Articuno,MewTwo,Suicune,Deoxys,Lugia,Ho-Oh and Celebi, but now i am stuck with thoose, so what do I have to do next now to find the rest?

Lets see;
Mew > Crater Cave
Entei > Victory Road
Raikou > Victory Road
And the rest are in Omega Cave.

Last edited:
Years
And the rest are in Omega Cave.

Found it, thanks for the help, now i got all the legendary.

So now i got another question, Pokemon 196 and 197 is Umbreon and Espeon? so how do you get them, as i cant see there is a day/night function in this hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Sorry I have some questions. After I defeat leader in Rim city what should I do next ? I also want to evolve gloom into bellossom so where can I find sun stone. Thank you for answer my questions.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
Hey, I love this hack and I've been playing it for a while now and I recently got the egg from the old man on Route 31 (I believe it was) and I've been walking around for ages now and it will not hatch, does it just take ages or is a bug?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
I'm really enjoying your Hack!

My current Team is
Pidgeot Lv. 39
Swampert Lv. 43
Ampharos Lv. 46
Gardevoir Lv. 43
Charizard lv. 41

Here is a list of Bugs I found (Can't post links yet):
i.imgur.com/hsCId.png
It should be "meditation"

imgur.com/a/ixrMG
When you are on the bike route you can use surf and then go back and walk around. Also most of those rocks in the south aren't solid and you can go trough them (not very far).

Back