• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making a Pokémon Browser Game

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
Pokémon Kehribar Browser Game

[EDIT] There's a link now, to check the imcomplete version register at http://pokemonkehribar.isgreat.org/register.php Once you login, Play option will appear in the menu.

Hello All. I am working on a Pokémon browser game and wanted to have some opinions. The user interface is in Flash. Here're some screenshots of the first few map screens (further areas don't exist yet);

Currently the map screen is functional, you can walk around, read boards and talk to NPCs. NPCs just say a single sentence for the time being but I am planning some of them will battle you once in a while, let's say once each day. I haven't decided on the town names yet but it will be a simple map as you can see, the buildings without doors are just for decoration. There will ofcourse be cave areas and seasides for water pokémon. Gym leaders will be the ones in Kanto I think.

Pokémon data is just their images atm but I managed to get basics done. You can catch pokemon now. The attack option decreases random HP from opponent and opponent doesn't do anything atm. Also in map screen,the bar at the bottom showing your current 6 pokémon and you will be able to view others and teach moves and such. At first I plan on including only first generation pokémon (obviously some important ones won't appear at first)

Now this is hard to make so I am trying to simplify it for myself. Here's what I am planning. Pokémon will start every battle healed and since I believe that in the anime, trainers can't use things like antidote during battle, I am going to do it like that. Therefore, there isn't much use for a bag and items. For certain items there will be an option when appropriate. For example in the battles, an option for throwing a pokéball, unlimited amount so keep throwing till it flees or gets KO. So no bag! And about the battle animations, they won't be plain but there won't be much animations either. I am planning to make one or two animations for each type and use them for every attack, at least for now.

And no player duels anytime soon, it would be hard to make something proper with PHP so maybe in the future.

So that's it for now, I'd like your opinions on things mentioned above. Would you play such thing? Is having a bag and items (inventory) too important for you? etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
Wow good job but its said you dont want to give the link :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
Well here's a link for preview purposes. I picked the name Kehribar because almost every color and element name I thought were picked so Kehribar is Amber in Turkish Language.

Register below and then press Play on menu, E-Mail is not necessary so leave empty if you want.

Click the pokemon below to open Box and Information screen. Drag&drop pokemon between your box and party.

Here's the URL;

http://pokemonkehribar.isgreat.org/register.php

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
question in a battle what button do you hit to select???
You press Left or Right Arrow button.

Btw I added more map screens and Pokémon basestats. Here's the map layout currently implemented. I might polish some of the towns later.

mapvz.gif

Now all 151 appear randomly and you can catch, however this is still an example stage. Moves are not implemented and pokemon don't gain any XP or lvl. So don't try to train them. Please tell me what do you think of Flash interface and such.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Overall i like it, though the movement speed of the character is slow, i think people would get bored easy with it like that. Try making the character walk faster

Back