• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a gym leader....

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Ok, so the Pokemon generator gave me Mismagius and the RNG gave me 3. Alright, I'm a Ghost Gym Leader!

Spoiler:

I could probably beat the guy before me. I'd use Trick-or-Treat to make them Ghost types, then Shadow Ball them to annihilation. XD

OMG. You followed the new rules. 2 out of 3 pokemon have a Flying weakness! I salute you sir. I salute. :)

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
'Mon: Stunfisk
Number: 7

Ground it is.

Team
-Steelix
-Nidoking
-Claydol
-Golurk

"Dune" badge. Surewhynot.

Not sure if I did this correctly. I don't really get how number of Pokémon on the team is chosen, but I chose 4 'mons, and both Claydol and Golurk are weak to Ghost.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
'Mon: Stunfisk

Ground it is.

Team
-Steelix
-Nidoking
-Claydol
-Golurk

"Dune" badge. Surewhynot.

Not sure if I did this correctly. I don't really get how number of Pokémon on the team is chosen, but I chose 4 'mons, and both Claydol and Golurk are weak to Ghost.

As i said, anybody who did not follow the rules will be considered irrelevant to the game.
Imma do another example somewhat later on, so anybody who wants to correct their mistakes may post again their NEW team.

EDIT: i just saw he got an 8...silly me.
Either way you did right.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
OMG. You followed the new rules. 2 out of 3 pokemon have a Flying weakness! I salute you sir. I salute. :)

I'd really do another one, following the new rules, but all the work done on the last one kinda seemed to have gone un-noticed so that's a bit of a drawback xD

Years
I got the number 7, and Illumise, so I've got a Bug type gym!
Well won't this be interesting...

Team:
Illumise
Heracross
Galvantula
Volcarona
Scolipede

Open victory, you will receive the Vermin Badge and the X-Scissor TM.
The last three are part electric, fire and poison respectively. These are all weak to the previous Ground leader.
Hope I did it right!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I got Pachirisu, so I'll do Electric .-.
And I got number 4 so I guess it'll have to be a fairly easy gym xD
Oh and since it's Electric, they're all weak to ground so I guess I'm within the rules xD

046.gif

Gym Leader Sei
Spoiler:

Her Dedenne would most likely go first and Nuzzle the opponent then Charm it, use its Parabolic Charge if it doesn't die in 1 hit so it can heal up and then most likely switch out with Volt Switch. The Flaafy would come in next and set up Light Screen, then use Toxic(if Dedenne fainted without paralyzing the target first) and Cotton Spore then it would Volt Switch for Luxio. luxio would then do some of the fighting and probably switch to Jolteon a few times. Of course, jolteon isn't only her strongest pokémon, but it could get switched in for Wish at any given time during the battle.
Of course, there's also the possibility of Flaafy going in first to set up Light Screen and use Toxic and all, but yeah xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
Let me try that again.

Pokemon: Beartic

Crap, I hate Ice types! Well, here we go.

Gym Leader Banan
Blizzard Badge
Team
Glalie (level 42)
Protect
Hail
Ice Beam
Crunch
Mamoswine (level 41)
Ice Fang
Mud Bomb
Ice Beam
Bulldoze
Walrein (level 45)
Ice Fang
Hail
Ice Beam
Rest
Dewgong (level 41)
Ice Beam
Brine
Rest
Encore
Cloyster (level 42)
Ice Beam
Spikes
Hydropump
Supersonic

UltraWing

teleporting shiny staraviva
Years
lets go again
number 6
i got ariados so bug
1 - Paras (29)(weakest)
2 - Skorupi (30)
3 - Crustle (30)
4 - Escavalier (32)(strongest)
crawl badge
winners will get the X-scissor TM

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I got number 2. At least it's not one -_-
I have 3 Pokemon
The Pokemon generated for me is Ferroseed, so I choose Grass, I was going to choose Steel, but no Steel Pokemon are weak to Bug.

Pokemon:

Carnivine
455.gif

Level: 22
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Bite
Toxic
Bind
Energy Ball

Ferroseed
597.gif

Level: 20
Ability: Iron Barbs
Moveset: Energy Ball
Metal Claw
Rollout
Pin Missle

Parasect
047.gif

Level: 24
Ability: Effect Spore
Moveset:
Leech Life
PosionPowder
Energy Ball
Dig

The winner gets the TM Energy Ball.
The chosen badge is the stick badge.

TheGardevoirTrainer

Gardevoirs~
Years
Gothorita (psychic) is my type and my number is 5!
My team will be
Gardevoir
Gothorita
and Kadabra

My badge will be called the "Mystic Badge"
The winner will be awarded with the TM, Psychic

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Ok, here I goo! Keldeo was generated for me (WATER TYPE) which is awesome cause I love water types. And I got 8 so yeah.
Spoiler:

So...yeah. I'll own all of you! But if I don't, you'll just get the Seashore Badge with TM 55 or Scald

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Gothorita (psychic) is my type and my number is 5!
My team will be
Gardevoir
Gothorita
and Kadabra

My badge will be called the "Mystic Badge"
The winner will be awarded with the TM, Psychic

Do Psychic types weak to grass....?

And a for the aforementioned example, here it is:

I got 7, and I got Geodude, so Rock. Since Water are super effective against rock, every pokemon i put in is in the rules:

Golem
Aurorus
Tyrantrum
Aerodactyl
Aggron

So yeah, even though i am a rock-type gym, i have 3 pokemon with type matchups who have a type water isn't super-effective on. SEE?
That is called creativity. That is what i meant, you put 2 thirds with type disadvanteges, and then i personally suggest you go and look for pokemon to cover the weakness.

I think im tied with the water-type gym above me because i have a Dragon, Ice, and Steel type, which all resist water, and they still have the rock typing.

Well, I got Pachirisu, so I'll do Electric .-.
And I got number 4 so I guess it'll have to be a fairly easy gym xD
Oh and since it's Electric, they're all weak to ground so I guess I'm within the rules xD

046.gif

Gym Leader Sei
Spoiler:

Her Dedenne would most likely go first and Nuzzle the opponent then Charm it, use its Parabolic Charge if it doesn't die in 1 hit so it can heal up and then most likely switch out with Volt Switch. The Flaafy would come in next and set up Light Screen, then use Toxic and Cotton Spore then it would Volt Switch for Luxio. luxio would then do some of the fighting and probably switch to Jolteon a few times. Of course, jolteon isn't only her strongest pokémon, but it could get switched in for Wish at any given time during the battle.
Of course, there's also the possibility of Flaafy going in first to set up Light Screen and use Toxic and all, but yeah xD

AND, your effort isn't un-noticed, i love the team!
I suppose i could tell you this. And also i hope you understand this isn't just a game, its a competitive battling tutorial. Step 1: Pick pokemon who cover each-other's weaknesess, either by moves or typing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I'm not good at competitive battling and coming up with strategies and stuff xD
I try picking moves that cover up weaknesses. And since my bug and normal monotype challenges taught me that status changing moves are a huge help, I've been trying to include those as well xD As for held items? Well, I'm going with whatever feels best xD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Good for. I am no strange to competitive battling, but i gotta say when i found this game i was overwhelmed. It really heleped me.
And now, after posting this game here, it is my way of thanking the community for years of help.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I got Patrat. This thing doesn't like me...
But I got eight soooo.
I have 4 Pokemon.

Porygon-Z
474.gif

Level: 53
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Tri-Attack
Recover
Aerial Ace
Giga Impact

Braviary
628.gif

Level: 54
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Crush Claw
Scary Face
Rock Slide
Giga Impact

Ursaring
217.gif

Level: 57
Ability: Guts
Moves: Slash
Scary Face
Earthquake
Giga Impact

Snorlax
143.gif

Level: 60
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Body Slam
Rollout
Psychic
Giga Impact

TM given is Giga Impact.
Badge is the attack badge.

TheGardevoirTrainer

Gardevoirs~
Years
Do Psychic types weak to grass....?

And a for the aforementioned example, here it is:

I got 7, and I got Geodude, so Rock. Since Water are super effective against rock, every pokemon i put in is in the rules:

Golem
Aurorus
Tyrantrum
Aerodactyl
Aggron

So yeah, even though i am a rock-type gym, i have 3 pokemon with type matchups who have a type water isn't super-effective on. SEE?
That is called creativity. That is what i meant, you put 2 thirds with type disadvanteges, and then i personally suggest you go and look for pokemon to cover the weakness.

I think im tied with the water-type gym above me because i have a Dragon, Ice, and Steel type, which all resist water, and they still have the rock typing.

AND, your effort isn't un-noticed, i love the team!
I suppose i could tell you this. And also i hope you understand this isn't just a game, its a competitive battling tutorial. Step 1: Pick pokemon who cover each-other's weaknesess, either by moves or typing.

Appreciate the advice you're trying to give, but given that the site gave me a Gotharita (however you spell that), I figured I have to put her in my team. As for Gardevoir, Gardevoir is just my favorite pokemon and something that I just had to include into the team. As for Kadabra, why not. I'm familiar with how a good team composition that covers eachothers weaknesses works, but to me, this is just a game and for fun (the thread). Plus, not every gym has that kind of composition that covers all aspects of their team, my actual "battle box" team wouldn't ever be something like this.
I appreciate the advice though.
Psychic is not weak to Grass btw :3c

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Appreciate the advice you're trying to give, but given that the site gave me a Gotharita (however you spell that), I figured I have to put her in my team. As for Gardevoir, Gardevoir is just my favorite pokemon and something that I just had to include into the team. As for Kadabra, why not. I'm familiar with how a good team composition that covers eachothers weaknesses works, but to me, this is just a game and for fun (the thread). Plus, not every gym has that kind of composition that covers all aspects of their team, my actual "battle box" team wouldn't ever be something like this.
I appreciate the advice though.
Psychic is not weak to Grass btw :3c

It is actually Gothorita and i knew Psychic wasn't weak to Grass!
And you did not have to put Gothorita on your team.
+, This game is for learning movepools and type matchups, that is the point. By the 2-3rd time, you will be better at startegies for competitive battling.
And i appreciate your try at the game. But please stick to the rules next time :)

I got Patrat. This thing doesn't like me...
But I got eight soooo.
I have 4 Pokemon.

Porygon-Z
474.gif

Level: 53
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Tri-Attack
Recover
Aerial Ace
Giga Impact

Braviary
628.gif

Level: 54
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Crush Claw
Scary Face
Rock Slide
Giga Impact

Ursaring
217.gif

Level: 57
Ability: Guts
Moves: Slash
Scary Face
Earthquake
Giga Impact

Snorlax
143.gif

Level: 60
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Body Slam
Rollout
Psychic
Giga Impact

TM given is Giga Impact.
Badge is the attack badge.

Very good, very good!
Ursaring and Braviary...2 of my favorites :)
But why Porygon Z? God i hate that pokemon. And there isnt any type that is weak to Normal so i just went ahead and did number 8, Got Paras so Bug, and i have 3 pokemon:

Vivillion
Scizor
Beedrill

SO the game starts over, because no type is weak to Normal (i think). Next one should have pokemon with Bug weakness together with the Gym type.

Last edited:
Back