Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (07:25 AM).
NinjaAiden
At your service!
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by fer:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about Deathfire Grasp being removed?
Probably not, but as an Ahri main and regular user of AP burst mages, I see this change as a big one. It will affect the usage of many AP mid-laners. In further regard to Ahri, they are also removing the personal DFG on her E, which I see as potentially destructive to her gameplay. She is being buffed, but not enough I feel to make up for the loss of the DFG and on her E.

I think Riot has made a dangerous move, but I'm interested to see how this decision will play out for Season 5.

Credit - Gallery
League of Legends: NinjaAiden
3DS FC: 0318-8292-1547
Old 1 Week Ago (07:42 AM).
Rabinov
Playing with scissors

Nature: Calm
It's an interesting idea, I can see the logic behind it. I'll wait until Season 5 plays out for a bit before I decide however whether it was a good/bad idea from Riot.

I've got my suspicions, I concealed your face.
Painting the walls with your every mistake.
You know I'm making you bleed, you've got nothing that I need.
What I seek I seize, what I seize I eliminate.
For I am Rabinov and my target is you.

Old 1 Week Ago (07:43 AM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I personally welcome the removal of DFG and I am quite curious about how Ahri will do with the buffs she's getting after the removal of her E's damage boost.
It seems like RITO don't like situations where players get one-shot'ed without having the chance to do anything. (They removed silence from Talon and LeBlanc and it seems they want to add a new mechanic where players can still Flash and such in the middle of a CC-chain.)
Old 1 Week Ago (10:23 AM).
NinjaAiden
At your service!
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Kurapika:
I personally welcome the removal of DFG and I am quite curious about how Ahri will do with the buffs she's getting after the removal of her E's damage boost.
The Q buff is an interesting mechanic, and I am eager to play her to discover how it will change her play-style. Her buffs to compensate for the loss of damage she will deal however, are not nearly enough to ensure she will not immediately lose to champions still extremely powerful i.e. Katarina, LeBlanc, Xerath.

Quote:
It seems like RITO don't like situations where players get one-shot'ed without having the chance to do anything. (They removed silence from Talon and LeBlanc and it seems they want to add a new mechanic where players can still Flash and such in the middle of a CC-chain.)
No, that they do not. They dislike players having the opportunity to outplay their opponents, and outwardly show a difference in skill level. Riot wish for the game to be playable to any play of any skill, and for them to be able to compete with highly skilled players, without much show of the difference between them. I dislike their motive here and how it is developing the game. Another example of this are the new "buffs" to Riven. These too are a way to reduce the disparity of power between skilled Riven players and poor Riven players. A friend of mine has been working on aa cancelling for a long time, and now Riot has just implemented a skill, worked very hard for, to be easily accessed by someone who has never before even played Riven.

Credit - Gallery
Old 1 Week Ago (11:30 AM).
Rabinov
Playing with scissors

I feel they are tinkering with the game too much all the time, so noone can even attempt to get used to anything in fear of it being nerfed/changed/reworked next week. Alas.

I've got my suspicions, I concealed your face.
Painting the walls with your every mistake.
You know I'm making you bleed, you've got nothing that I need.
What I seek I seize, what I seize I eliminate.
For I am Rabinov and my target is you.

Old 6 Days Ago (11:25 PM).
Nolafus
The Sentinel's Sorrow

it seems they want to add a new mechanic where players can still Flash and such in the middle of a CC-chain.)
Actually, that was a bug they fixed. There was a very small window of opportunity between cc moves that a player could flash out of danger. Riot noticed this, and fixed it so that cc-chains now glide seamlessly from one to the other.

I've been sick for like, four days now and I haven't played league because of it. I'm going to need to do some serious training in normals before I'm ready to tackle the new ladder once it resets.

I feel like they're tinkering with the game too much as well, but I'm certain it will calm down now that Season 5 has started. I think it was just a rush to get all of this new stuff out for preseason so players can get used to it, with a final burst of changes right as the new season started. Now that it's here, I'm expecting the biggest thing to come will be nerfs/buffs to whatever they see fit. With a possible new champion or two during the year, with a whole ton of changes next preseason.

Also, I don't like the new Alistar splash. It makes Alistar look way younger than he should be, I think.
Old 6 Days Ago (05:16 AM).
Quilva
What fun is there in making sense?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Quilva
I do not like DFG removal because Syndra is going to be unviable now. They already nerfed her damage and made her stun never work already.

Also apparently according to Riot, Annie needs compensation for not even building it, but LB doesn't.
Old 6 Days Ago (07:58 AM).
FeralSlaaneshi

Nature: Timid
To be fully honest I never really worried too much about DFG. I mean if the enemy team's frail as it is then yeah I'd take it, but for the most part I'd usually go Sorcerer's Shoes, Deathcap, Zhonya's, Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter (depending on a few things), and then the other two items I'd take would be situational. But I rarely found myself needing DFG... =/
But I'm terrible when it comes to remembering active items anyways. ^_^'
Sinnlos gehe ich zugrund

Monotype Challenge (Poison) - Pokemon X

Old 6 Days Ago (03:32 PM).
Talon
The Pridestalker

Nature: Rash
According to Riot, they're removing silences because they're broken. I highly disagree. Talon's silence is the reason he was so powerful, and now, even though he isn't weak, he isn't nearly as strong, and has trouble competing with AP mids, being one of the three AD mids in the game. Zed and Yasuo have decent outplay mechanics available, but Talon doesn't anymore. The chances of you escaping after you get caught with him are quite slim.
Something that I think would be beneficial to him without being overly powerful, in compensation to his silence removal, would be to add on to his passive, so that when he kills someone, his e resets, and his other skills CDs are reduced by about 25% or something, allowing him to keep in a fight a bit longer than just instakilling a squishy, which most of the time, won't even work considering he can't silence them, so they can just flash/heal to survive it. That .25 second slow is useless. That's barely enough time to aa/q, and it really doesn't slow them when you truly think about it. Maybe make it a snare, where he cuts their ankles and roots them for like .75 seconds or something, so they can still react somewhat, but not just instantly get away from it. His idea of "Opportunistic assassin" is more like "Wait-until-they-have-no-sums-and-their-escapes-are-down-and-then-kill-them-after-my-entire-team-is-dead assassin"
Still my favorite champion atm.

"Eventually, my blades will find their way into your heart."

Old 5 Days Ago (01:03 PM).
Pidgey
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Talon:
According to Riot, they're removing silences because they're broken. I highly disagree. Talon's silence is the reason he was so powerful, and now, even though he isn't weak, he isn't nearly as strong, and has trouble competing with AP mids, being one of the three AD mids in the game. Zed and Yasuo have decent outplay mechanics available, but Talon doesn't anymore. The chances of you escaping after you get caught with him are quite slim.
Something that I think would be beneficial to him without being overly powerful, in compensation to his silence removal, would be to add on to his passive, so that when he kills someone, his e resets, and his other skills CDs are reduced by about 25% or something, allowing him to keep in a fight a bit longer than just instakilling a squishy, which most of the time, won't even work considering he can't silence them, so they can just flash/heal to survive it. That .25 second slow is useless. That's barely enough time to aa/q, and it really doesn't slow them when you truly think about it. Maybe make it a snare, where he cuts their ankles and roots them for like .75 seconds or something, so they can still react somewhat, but not just instantly get away from it. His idea of "Opportunistic assassin" is more like "Wait-until-they-have-no-sums-and-their-escapes-are-down-and-then-kill-them-after-my-entire-team-is-dead assassin"
Still my favorite champion atm.
I definitely agree that Talon isn't as strong as he used to. While the new e might be better when it comes to applying his passive, the removal of the silence has really hurt him. He used to be the pick I felt the most safe with in ranked, simply because his silence meant that he didn't see many counters in the typical mid-lane mages, and you'd be able to actually do damage to them without having to fear getting cc'd or anything. But now I find myself being much more passive in lane, hardly ever going in unless I'm getting a gank from a jungler, or if I have my ult to either burst the enemy or get out with. Beforehand I was much more liberal with going in, because the risk of getting bursted wasn't nearly as high.

As for a compensation for the removal of the silence though, I saw pretty neat idea about changing his passive, so that whenever you got a kill/assist, you'd be stealthed for a little while and gain movement speed, giving him the escape he desperately needs. While I feel like your idea could work, I feel like it would just make him another Katarina. In any case, I do agree he should be changed in some way to accomodate for the removal of the silence.
Old 4 Days Ago (10:24 PM).
Nolafus
The Sentinel's Sorrow

And with the ranked ladders resetting, I'm sort of celebrating Season 5's start with a Galio theme. Yes, I totally ripped this off of Talon, but I like the layout, so I used it, haha.

I'm probably going to take everyone's advice though and wait a week before playing ranked to let the big rush settle down a bit.
Old 4 Days Ago (08:21 AM).
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Anyone know what time the ladder resets today?

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old 4 Days Ago (01:44 PM).
NinjaAiden
At your service!
Community Supporter

Well, the ladders have reset now. I'm gunning for at least Gold this season. I want to be in a position where at some point I can apply to work for Riot.

Anyway, who is jumping straight into ranked? And who will wait it out until most people have been placed? Me, I'm going to be trying out the new Ahri, and will then jump in. I want to get placed and get climbing as soon as possible. What are your plans?

Credit - Gallery
Old 3 Days Ago (11:26 PM).
ANARCHit3cht
Call me Archie!

I just started doing some of my provisionals and they're going pretty well. 2 fer 2 here. I hope to at least place in silver to save me the time of climbing out of bronze. I want to make it to gold this season!

my last game was funny though. i was support braum and NOT ONLY did I earn more gold than my ADC, I did more damage lol. the real mvp that game tho was our fiora. she was freakin' god tier. match history

That being said... I think the removal of DFG is a good choice. I don't know if they should have done it right as the season is starting... but eh, no better way to make players adapt to the change I guess.

As for the Riven thing, the auto cancel on her Q is an unintended side effect of their project to fix overlapping CC. they are looking into a solution for that as well as far as im concerned. and for talon, i think part of his "escape" has to do with his ultimate. I think you're largely supposed to go in, dmg them, and r out while you pick up the kill. it's on a pretty short cd as far as ultimates go.
Old 3 Days Ago (08:13 AM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Chum the Waters (R) : The fish now also amplifies Fizz's damage (except for Chum the Water's "shark" damage) on the target by 20% for 6 seconds

U mad Ahri? lel -Fizz
Old 3 Days Ago (09:04 AM).
Quilva

Apparently Riot forgot that Fizz is not a part of Ahri's kit, but an entirely different champion.
Old 3 Days Ago (11:35 AM).
NinjaAiden
At your service!
Community Supporter

Chum the Waters (R) : The fish now also amplifies Fizz's damage (except for Chum the Water's "shark" damage) on the target by 20% for 6 seconds

U mad Ahri? lel -Fizz
God damn it Riot! Fizz needs to be removed from LoL for this -__-

I've started placements today, only played one so far, but I'm off to a good start. I'm hoping to go at least 7-3 this time, and NOT drop from Silver. It took so long to get out last time that I don't want to do it again, and I'd really like Gold XD

Credit - Gallery
Old 3 Days Ago (12:57 PM).
Quilva

I'm just gonna advise everyone to NOT play their placements during the first few weeks of ranked resets. You get matched with a ton of people you should not be matched with normally because a lot of people are jumping into ranked instantly, so the chances that you get matched with idiots or players way more skilled than you are pretty high.

Also i had a friend drop from Plat to Silver after going 6/4, the loses were cause of intentional feeders and kids. So yea... I'm just gonna wait for the ranked wave to go away
Old 3 Days Ago (01:46 PM).
ANARCHit3cht
Call me Archie!

Quote originally posted by Quilva:
I'm just gonna advise everyone to NOT play their placements during the first few weeks of ranked resets. You get matched with a ton of people you should not be matched with normally because a lot of people are jumping into ranked instantly, so the chances that you get matched with idiots or players way more skilled than you are pretty high.

Also i had a friend drop from Plat to Silver after going 6/4, the loses were cause of intentional feeders and kids. So yea... I'm just gonna wait for the ranked wave to go away
So you're saying that "players way more skilled than you" are always going to be on the opposite team while the "idiots" are always going to be on your team? That's an odd notion, I'd say. It doesn't matter when you do ranked if you ask me, you're going to run into players beyond your level of skill and players who aren't taking the game seriously no matter what. But it will even out from being on your team and the opposing team.
Old 2 Days Ago (07:44 AM).
Quilva

Quote originally posted by ANARCHit3cht:
So you're saying that "players way more skilled than you" are always going to be on the opposite team while the "idiots" are always going to be on your team? That's an odd notion, I'd say. It doesn't matter when you do ranked if you ask me, you're going to run into players beyond your level of skill and players who aren't taking the game seriously no matter what. But it will even out from being on your team and the opposing team.
I didn't say that. I said that the matchmaking is simply unbalanced, and with almost everybody doing ranked matches right now i do not recommend jumping straight into ranked. I would give you an example of who i got matched with on my NA account at start of Season 4 if it wasn't unbeliveable.

Sponsored Links