• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Alright, another question.

This time, after I pass the setdooropened command, my script just repeats instead of moving on to the applymovement commands. Is there something I'm missing? Please help me out.

Spoiler:

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Alright, another question.

This time, after I pass the setdooropened command, my script just repeats instead of moving on to the applymovement commands. Is there something I'm missing? Please help me out.

Spoiler:

You forgot the waitmovement 0x0 after those last two applymovements.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
You write the ASM code as a text file, then save it with type all files, and add the extension .asm. For free space you can find it with Free Space Finder, in HackMew's tools in the toolbox, and then you use your hex editor to copy and then paste-write (or count the bytes and delete them off the end after a paste-insert) into the free space. If this is going over your head, then this is probably a little too advanced for you right now.

how to write ASM.... any tutorials?

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi folks, I have a couple:

1. I'd like to do a script where the trainer OW sprite vanishes after the battle, but I'm not sure of the process. Also I'd need it so the trainer doesn't re-appear.
2. I'd like to replace the battle music with a specific trainer. Is this possible without chaning the trainer class?
3. What's the sprite ID for the Female R/S trainer in FireRed?
4. Is it possible to insert a music track from Emerald into FireRed (namly "Battle! VS Frontier Brain")?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck.

Last edited:

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
The following script works fine. I only have one problem with it.

Spoiler:

The sprites have moved offscreen, and have disappeared, as I intended them to. However, I can still bump into these now invisible sprites if I walk over to where they have moved. Once I leave the map and come back, they are gone, but I was wondering; what can I do to remove them from the map immediately after the script has ended?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Hi folks, I have a couple:

1. I'd like to do a script where the trainer OW sprite vanishes after the battle, but I'm not sure of the process. Also I'd need it so the trainer doesn't re-appear.
2. I'd like to replace the battle music with a specific trainer. Is this possible without chaning the trainer class?
3. What's the sprite ID for the Female R/S trainer in FireRed?
4. Is it possible to insert a music track from Emerald into FireRed (namly "Battle! VS Frontier Brain")?

Sorry to be a pain in the neck.

2. not without asm hacking
3. just scroll through them in a-map. but if you want to apply movements or whatever to her, then you use
applymovement 0xY @move (Y=the person event number, so if you set her sprite as person ID 1 it will be 0x1)
4. yes, check the tutorial section. there are a few about this

1. depends how you want them to dissapear. if you want it between a flash then
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0xY
fadescreen 0x0

this would make the sprite dissapear between a black flash

or

have the sprite walk off screen
applymovement 0xY @move (y is same as in the dissapear script)
waitmovement 0xY (make this y the same as the apply movement y)
setflag 0xY

for setflag, make sure your PERSON ID (not person event ID) is the same as the flag. so if you have setflag 0x104 then make the person id 0104

Spoiler:

The sprites have moved offscreen, and have disappeared, as I intended them to. However, I can still bump into these now invisible sprites if I walk over to where they have moved. Once I leave the map and come back, they are gone, but I was wondering; what can I do to remove them from the map immediately after the script has ended?

Thanks in advance.

Because you used 0x60. you can still bump into those.

to make them dissapear make that person's PERSON ID 0501 (same as the flag). that will remove the person altogether.

Last edited:
Years
You write the ASM code as a text file, then save it with type all files, and add the extension .asm. For free space you can find it with Free Space Finder, in HackMew's tools in the toolbox, and then you use your hex editor to copy and then paste-write (or count the bytes and delete them off the end after a paste-insert) into the free space. If this is going over your head, then this is probably a little too advanced for you right now.

I save this code, as .asm:
Spoiler:

Then I try to compile ASM but it is error (I named this file "lesson1.asm"):
hxxp://img39.yfrog.com/img39/9517/nowyobrazmapabitowaq.png
xx = tt (hxxp - http)

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

I make them walk onto a spot surrounded by unwalkable tiles so they can't be collided with.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I save this code, as .asm:
Spoiler:

Then I try to compile ASM but it is error (I named this file "lesson1.asm"):
hxxp://img39.yfrog.com/img39/9517/nowyobrazmapabitowaq.png
xx = tt (hxxp - http)
-_- save it has exp.asm then in the comand prompt put
Thum exp.asm exp.bin

also the code should be like this
.thumb
.align2
Start:
push {r0-r2, lr}
ldr r0, 0x0203f408
ldr r0, [r0]
ldr r1, 0x020370C2
ldrh r1, [r1]
mov r2, 0x80
lsl r2, 0x8
cmp r1,r2
blt add_exp
pop {r0-r2, pc}
add_exp:
ldr r2, [r0+0x4]
sub r2, r2, r1
str r2, [r0+0x4]
pop {r0-r2, pc}

EDIT: Damb Pc won't allow tabs.
one tabs with push and pop
two tabs for other comands

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Game: ruby
im trying to make the yes/no question only be asked onced and once the yes/no question is done i want it to go to @done but it just starts the question over
Please help!
Editor: XSE
Script: person event
Spoiler:

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
@Nikolai Fox
Thanks for that.

I have another...
Is there a way to stop a trainer from sending out his/her strongest pokemon next? As in, only send out pokemon in the order they have them (like R/G/B/Y)?

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
Spoiler:

The problem here is that if the player says no, he will still be sent to the pointer that he would have been sent to if he had said yes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
@Nikolai Fox
Thanks for that.

I have another...
Is there a way to stop a trainer from sending out his/her strongest pokemon next? As in, only send out pokemon in the order they have them (like R/G/B/Y)?

Open up the trainer in a-trainer and make the AI value 0 (in pokémon data, make sure all pokémon have 0 AI data. This will make them use no strategy and just send them out one after the other)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Spoiler:

The problem here is that if the player says no, he will still be sent to the pointer that he would have been sent to if he had said yes.

Put "compare LASTRESULT 0x1" every after 0x5 msgbox like so:

msgbox @torchic 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes

I don't know why, but that's how it works. :\

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
GAME Pokemon Emerald
script editor XSE

Does anyone know how to make a pokemon appear in the first slot of your party
and does anyone know how to force the player to releae the frist pokemon in your party

Years
-_- save it has exp.asm then in the comand prompt put
Thum exp.asm exp.bin

also the code should be like this
.thumb
.align2
Start:
push {r0-r2, lr}
ldr r0, 0x0203f408
ldr r0, [r0]
ldr r1, 0x020370C2
ldrh r1, [r1]