• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ryan4

"Watch the power of aura!!!"
Years

Nope...still not working.

Here it is again. It's slightly different, but oh well.

Spoiler:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Nope...still not working.

Here it is again. It's slightly different, but oh well.

Spoiler:

what are you using for your scripting? I've never seen that style.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
What do you mean? I'm using PKSV...

There aren't that many pksv users here. I can only really help you if you were using xse, which most people here use that....

So if you learn how to script in xse, then you will get a lot more help from the people here.

6ryan4

"Watch the power of aura!!!"
Years
I messed around with my script, and I got the script to continue after the battle correctly, but now I have other problems...I'm experimenting, but if it still doesn't work right, I'll keep asking around. Thanks for the help that was given!

EDIT: Okay, I'm back to needing help. Apparently, most of you use XSE, and I understand that, but I need someone who has experience with PKSV. Here's the new script:

Spoiler:

The first problem I had has been fixed, but now the part where "Crono" runs away and disappears is all screwy.

Last edited:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Okay, I'm creating a trainer battle script, and it works perfectly fine when I talk to the trainer, but when I try to make him see my player the screen turns red....

help?

Script:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Okay, I'm creating a trainer battle script, and it works perfectly fine when I talk to the trainer, but when I try to make him see my player the screen turns red....

help?

Script:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:
take the lock and face player away it'll sure to work after.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014

help?

Script:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:

I do not see anything wrong in it. :\
Maybe you did not check the trainer thing..In Advance map, click on the person you want to battle you, and check the Trainer. If not, try re scripting it using a different sprite.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
@forestw: Insert a new person event with the same script, view radius, etc. (all values the same), and delete the old one. That's what worked for me, at any rate.

Now, my first time using the braille command in XSE:
Spoiler:

....and it comes out as gibberish. What'd I do?

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I feel I should cry, because I've done all you've said many times over >,<

Unless AdvanceMap just sucks at trainer sprites... :/
It was working yesterday, as a script, but when I changed the script and applied it to a person it just did that.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012

help?

Script:
Spoiler:

Pictures:
Spoiler:
I'm an idiot.
Sorry, I didn't even really look at your script before I said that... your problem is that you've got a trainerbattle value of 0x1, which doesn't work with a view radius. So, if you just wanted a normal trainer, you'd have the following:
Spoiler:

That's what I thought you were aiming for. For the script you've got, you'll need an actual script tile :\
Sorry about that. Hope this helps!

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I'm an idiot.
Sorry, I didn't even really look at your script before I said that... your problem is that you've got a trainerbattle value of 0x1, which doesn't work with a view radius. So, if you just wanted a normal trainer, you'd have the following:
Spoiler:

That's what I thought you were aiming for. For the script you've got, you'll need an actual script tile :\
Sorry about that. Hope this helps!

Oh man seriously? dang ><
I guess I will have to set it up as a script tile, no biggie though.
thanks for the help!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oh man seriously? dang ><
I guess I will have to set it up as a script tile, no biggie though.
thanks for the help!
Np, sorry I didn't catch it sooner. Btw, you don't need to check the trainer box either, for an 0x1 trainerbattle.

Now, anyone have an answer to my braille issue? Just trying to keep from being buried :P

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
0x1 will work fine for a rival battle too, it's what I used. Gym battles are just the primary use in the games, but I'm fairly sure that they were also used for the Gary scripts.
Long and short of it is, 0x1 will be fine for a rival battle.

I'm going to repost my problem script, just so nobody has to go digging to find it:
Spoiler:

This is my first time trying to use the braille command, and the textbox appears as gibberish. What'd I do wrong?
EDIT: Nvm, I just found instructions on how to use this command, and I'll try to fix it myself before I ask for help.

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Base ROM: FireRed English (BPRE)
Script type: Trigger
Script:
Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Base ROM: FireRed English (BPRE)
Script type: Trigger
Script:
Spoiler:

And? What happens? What should happen instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back