• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
drougle-1.png
cherimu.png
castius-4.png
Darthharker-1.png

marshmallow.png
marshmallow2.png
trainerOo.png
skarove-3.png

whalerm-3.png
megamouth.png
nfbfp-1.png
bliscten2.png
grocioisdone.png

tankank1.png

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Alright it has been sometime since I have ever posted anything. Don't even know if some of you remember my stuff. But I got Diamond the other day and was fighting the Hiker when I visualized a better use for that body. This took prolly 15-30 minutes at the most. What do you guys think? He is supposed to be eating some type of food.

PFF: Great shadind on your pieces. I love the Shark and the big square headed dude.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
ROTFLOL

Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thats the best trainer sprite I've ever seen, you don't even now how hard I was laughing.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a fat P.E. Teacher!! XD

Great Job

Later on...........

Alright, after seeing your fat trainer, I had to make one too. So here it is. (notice how I called it "it")

fatkidod3.png

I used Snorlax as a base

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Thanx i thought they were cool too!
Ive been messing with hair and am actually getting good at it :)

Check all these out these are for a new kind of RPG im working on.

MeteorRPGCharacterSheet.png

Whats your favorite mine is either Meteor #1 or #4

They're mostly boring, bland, quick cut + Paste jobs with some recolouring/minor editing.

Sorry but I can;t see anything special about them. Make them more original, play with poses etc etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 7, 2012
wudai pokemon

ok....i know this really isn't a good job. I just want to see what people would think of these things. (currnetly making more)
wudaishinylucario.png
blastoise.jpg
wudailucario.png

plz tell me. I know it isn't that good.

xMeteorxStriker

Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon
Years
They're mostly boring, bland, quick cut + Paste jobs with some recolouring/minor editing.

Sorry but I can;t see anything special about them. Make them more original, play with poses etc etc.

You are right I do need to make them more their own rather than actually being able to tell they have the exact same pose as what I used.

I try a little as you can see on Team Comet 1,3, and 4.
As well on Recruitable Trainers 3 and 4.
Also Lone Trainer 4.

I'll try to mess with their bodies more thanks for the constructive critisism.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
I know alot of people on the net like Wes from pokemon colosseum and alot of people want to use him in hacks or fangames but there are no wes sprites so i decided make a small contribution to my friends and other users here. so here it is and enjoy you have my permision to use these although the battle character wasnt made by me its from a trainer card site I only get credit for the overworlds.

-sprites removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
ScytheXP, only show sprites of your own creation in the future. The showcase of other peoples creations can and will be considered as theft in the future.

This rule applies in all cases, even if you receive the creators permission to display them (which by the way, you didn't even get).

For this you gain an unofficial warning.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
May I re post the OWs since I did make those? Or do I need to ask nintendo for permission?...... Meh lemme know please Ill remove the battle chara from the pic if thats all it was. Or is this for custom sprites only?

Years
I usually get board and not know what to do... but I finally got a use for my life! I love making revamps and editing screens of older games. Please tell me what i should do to make these better, and comment on 'em!

Here they are:
TyphlosionRevamp.png
- le Typhlosion revampos

young.png
- Revamped/ remade battle scene (the youngster is from diamond/pearl)

PokeGear.png
- Teh lovely POKeGEAR (Revamped)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
May I re post the OWs since I did make those? Or do I need to ask nintendo for permission?...... Meh lemme know please Ill remove the battle chara from the pic if thats all it was. Or is this for custom sprites only?
Yes, feel free to post sprites that are your work i.e. the overworlds you made.

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
Years
I usually get board and not know what to do... but I finally got a use for my life! I love making revamps and editing screens of older games. Please tell me what i should do to make these better, and comment on 'em!

Here they are:
TyphlosionRevamp.png
- le Typhlosion revampos

Its a recolour. Nothing more.

young.png
- Revamped/ remade battle scene (the youngster is from diamond/pearl)

Nice going there, using an insanely tiny screen, and having the trainers larger than life. The hair is horrible,its overdithered, eye is out of style.

PokeGear.png
- Teh lovely POKeGEAR (Revamped)
Revamp? Hardly. You addded a fancy border, and did nothing else, should have new colours, and everything.

My crits, take em or leave em.

Years
My crits, take em or leave em.
ok for the other ones, you're right. NOT the Typhlosion one. Okay, look.
gsback157.png
How many colors do you see? 1(orange), 2(red/Orange), 3(black not really a color)...

If it's just a recolor, then how come it looks like its got alot more than 2 colors? Blue, light blue, dark blue, tan, dark tan, yellow, light orange, orange, red, brown, black. Can you explain that?

EDIT: I also edited alot of it (note the flames and eye)

You are right, I do need a little help/training on revamps, but they still are good for a beginner...

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
Years
ok for the other ones, you're right. NOT the Typhlosion one. Okay, look.
gsback157.png
How many colors do you see? 1(orange), 2(red/Orange), 3(black not really a color)...

If it's just a recolor, then how come it looks like its got alot more than 2 colors? Blue, light blue, dark blue, tan, dark tan, yellow, light orange, orange, red, brown, black. Can you explain that?

EDIT: I also edited alot of it (note the flames and eye)

You are right, I do need a little help/training on revamps, but they still are good for a beginner...

You merely used the colors from the RSE sprite, and just recoloured it and minorly edited it.

Years
i did change the shading. Look at the bottom of typhlosion, you see shadow that wasn't there before due to the low color of g/s/c. And I know I need more work, people just never tell me exactly what to do to make it better.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
hmm, very nice work, both the drawing and the shading are great. However, remember that posts require a minimum of 25 characters and four words.

Desgardes: Your recent posts in this forum, while they have been constructive, have also been horribly negative, making it difficult to note out the crit. Tone down this negativity of yours or you will receive a warning.

I'm sure you were a beginner too at some point.

pkmn-master: That Typhlosion revamp is well done, you've emulated the shading from the original RSE sprite quite well. However, you forgot about the outline on the back beneath the fire.

As Desgardes said, you've used way too much dithering, the eye is in the wrong style (but can easily be fixed) and the hair certainly does seem odd. Moreover, the bag seems oddly positioned, as if it's about to fall off, and the collar is not straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back