• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Stardrop Version [Alpha 1 released]

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Nice selection of music, Haseeb, but the cave entrance has a tile error (it needs a layer of mountain above the entrance). I'll have to get myself to play the Alpha soon, btw. :D

you need to map for me ;o;

Is that really a tile error?
I'm sure there are maps which have caves done like that. Or maybe I'm wrong.
I made you a map. You just didn't have the awesomeness to use it. :3

Hey, great job! I wish Sappy would work on my laptop. :(
Anyway, good luck with the hack! :D

Thanks. :3

I discovered an error in the script. Upon defeating this Rocket grunt and talking to him again, his dialogue just goes off the screen...

iepirc.png

Other than that, though, I really like this hack. Interesting how despite being a FireRed hack, you're using mostly Hoenn Pokemon.

Thanks for that.
And yeah, I use mostly Hoenn Pokémon because I'm not that fond of Kanto Pokémon anymore, and I hate the Johto Pokémon's movesets. :3

Azure Road

pokemonstardropversion.png
pokemonstardropversion2.png

So this is the final map you go through to get to the next town where there's a rocket event. :3
It's a fairly small map, but there's a sidequest here which will reward you handsomely. :3

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Seriously, this is one of the best hacks over here.
I absolutely love the graphics. Mapping looks really great and the tiles you used are simply beautiful.
Using the underestimated Hoenn Pokemon is a great idea, too. ^^

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I found an extremely minor mapping error.

majiv7.png

The two grass tiles Leaf is facing are unwalkable, despite having grass. Might want to check that out.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Seriously, this is one of the best hacks over here.
I absolutely love the graphics. Mapping looks really great and the tiles you used are simply beautiful.
Using the underestimated Hoenn Pokemon is a great idea, too. ^^

I found an extremely minor mapping error.

majiv7.png

The two grass tiles Leaf is facing are unwalkable, despite having grass. Might want to check that out.

Thanks, fixed. :3

Oh, BTW, for all obsessive GSC fans, I've added a little sidequest which has an event similar to the dancing clefairies at mount moon. And just like GSC, this clefairy will only appear at certain times of the day too. ;)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, so yesterday, I decided to try some music hacking, and I found I could get Sappy to work. So I decided to rip some music I like and put it into Stardrop. :3

New Music

Just ignore the locations I'm in; this was an on the spot music test.
First theme - Verdanturf Town from Emerald.
Second theme - The hidden Crystal Pokécenter theme in Emerald.
Third theme - Pokémarts in Emerald.
Fourth theme - Lavaridge town in Emerald.

I will definitely be using these themes, but I'm not sure if I'll insert anymore music. I hope you like them. :3

It sounds like you need to do some voicegroup editing. Some of the instruments in the third & fourth themes sound a little odd.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

1. this looks route 37?
2. is the sign suppose to be in the tree

<3 love the hack either way :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
It sounds like you need to do some voicegroup editing. Some of the instruments in the third & fourth themes sound a little odd.

Yeah, I found that some of the R/S music sounded strange. I'm using a custom made voicegroup for the music, and I'm sure most the instruments are there. I'll look into it though; chances are I missed a synth instrument. :3

1. this looks route 37?
2. is the sign suppose to be in the tree

<3 love the hack either way :3

1. Yeah; it does from that shot, but not from the other parts of the map. Route 37 was actually my inspiration for the map.

2. Yeah, I made it like that. It's not meant to be in the tree, just in front of it, but not on the path. I'll may change it; I may not. :3

Spring Town

pokemonstardropversion3.png
pokemonstardropversion4.png

There's a rocket event here, and the Pokémon move maniac and move deleter live here. :3
Plus, there will be an opportunity, for the first time in the game, to get an evolution stone. Which one, though, depends on your luck. ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
i like difficulty in these pokemon games and i think this was way to easy lol.

anyway to up the difficulty?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
i like difficulty in these pokemon games and i think this was way to easy lol.

anyway to up the difficulty?

I'm revising most trainer levels and lineups as I work through the game. I haven't really worked on them that much, but when I play through the game during the final test, they'll be done properly. :3

And yeah, the alpha was TOO easy. I found that I had level 27s by the second gym. 0_0

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I'm revising most trainer levels and lineups as I work through the game. I haven't really worked on them that much, but when I play through the game during the final test, they'll be done properly. :3

And yeah, the alpha was TOO easy. I found that I had level 27s by the second gym. 0_0

Really? I thought the high level buffer was a good thing, seeing as how high you made the levels in the gyms.

I had a team consisting of:
Marshtomp lvl26
Noctowl lv21
Zigzagoon (Pickup~ <3) lvl17
Beautifly lvl13 (filler)
Tailow lvl21
Sunkern lvl18

And I still had trouble on the gyms, and just getting through your long routes. If anything needs to be changed, I'd say make the levels more realistic. The first gym has to be the highest I've ever seen, and it's such an early point in the game.

Although if you are going for hard, I'd say increase the levels on the second gym. The first gym was harder compared to the 2nd gym, which I found disappointing.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Really? I thought the high level buffer was a good thing, seeing as how high you made the levels in the gyms.

I had a team consisting of:
Marshtomp lvl26
Noctowl lv21
Zigzagoon (Pickup~ <3) lvl17
Beautifly lvl13 (filler)
Tailow lvl21
Sunkern lvl18

And I still had trouble on the gyms, and just getting through your long routes. If anything needs to be changed, I'd say make the levels more realistic. The first gym has to be the highest I've ever seen, and it's such an early point in the game.

Although if you are going for hard, I'd say increase the levels on the second gym. The first gym was harder compared to the 2nd gym, which I found disappointing.

Yeah, the first gym has been reduced. The levels are also lower now because I've removed a few unnecessary trainers. I'm going to work hard on strengthening the second gym as I improved it and my roselia beat both Pokémon in one hit. :3

And now I'm off to sprite some OWs.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, so I've done the next Team Rocket event. Some very familiar friends will make an appearance too. :3

Team Rocket Attacks

Yup, Annie and Clyde from Infernal Legend are back. :3
This time they're stealing a diamond.
And the unknown rival's name is also revealed. :3

After this event, you can go straight to the 4th gym and skip the third. However, since you get fly from the 3rd gym, it would be a good idea to fight it. :3

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
I LOL'd hard at "GET LOST, YOU STUPID CAT!" xD
Are Annie and Clyde some Rocket executives?
Anyways, i'm really happy that the hack is progressing without much flaws. Can't wait to play the beta.
I love Spring Town's tiles, too. ^^

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I LOL'd hard at "GET LOST, YOU STUPID CAT!" xD
Are Annie and Clyde some Rocket executives?
Anyways, i'm really happy that the hack is progressing without much flaws. Can't wait to play the beta.
I love Spring Town's tiles, too. ^^

Annie and Clyde are the rank below the leader of Team Rocket.

I've got two maps to show now. :3

Azure Foothill

Basically, Mt. Azure is located here which will be the place, later on in the story, where some important stuff will happen.

Azure Village

The third gym, which is optional, is here along with the fly HM and the day care.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Oh, yay, the Day-Care!

I see a lot of hacks that leave it out, and that makes me sad as I love breeding. Thanks for implementing it! <3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Azure Gym

pokemonstardropversion5.png

Once you beat this gym, you can get fly. If you fly back to Stardrop city, you'll be able to get the VS Seeker and access the game corner.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
there is another bug, and another thing i not sure if its a bug,
bug) in the past rainbow forest, there is a spot that you can walk through the trees,

Not so sure if it's a bug) in the second blue stone for going to the past, in alpine beach, i can't go to the past, even with secret power, not so sure if its a bug cause you may not have written the script yet, or, i may need some special requirement to access past version..... if so tell me please,

BTW: Great Hack, i loved your ideas, keep your work, if you ever need a beta tester, I'm a volunteer.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
there is another bug, and another thing i not sure if its a bug,
bug) in the past rainbow forest, there is a spot that you can walk through the trees,

Not so sure if it's a bug) in the second blue stone for going to the past, in alpine beach, i can't go to the past, even with secret power, not so sure if its a bug cause you may not have written the script yet, or, i may need some special requirement to access past version..... if so tell me please,

BTW: Great Hack, i loved your ideas, keep your work, if you ever need a beta tester, I'm a volunteer.

Thanks, but I fixed those after the alpha was released. I hadn't worked on it in ages and forgot about those things until after I released it. The rock doesn't have a script so you can't go to the Alpine Beach's past map.

And thanks. :3

Highland Hills

This is one map packed full of trainers, and it'll lead to the snowy region. :3

EDIT: Just to make the game a bit more interesting, there are some optional, exceptionally strong trainers in the route. They will be guarding a nice, rare item. :3

And after beating the 3rd gym, you'll be able to use strength instead of fly. :3

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Frost Tunnel

This is a long cave which will lead you to the snowy north. :3
There aren't many trainers here, but it's very puzzle oriented :3

Frosted Canyon

pokemonstardropversion6.png

pokemonstardropversion7.png
pokemonstardropversion8.png

This is the biggest map in the game so far and it's full of trainers and such. :3
There's a healing house here so you won't have to worry about backtracking to a Pokécenter. :3

Oh, and I've remapped some maps from the alpha too. :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Power Plant Event

This is the final event in the beta. Now that it's done, I just have to edit some trainers, change some texts and work on some side stuff, and then a release can be expected.

This event is similar to the power plant event in Infernal Legend. Once again, Team Rocket start by capturing Raikou. :3
Poor Raikou, in every one of my hacks, he's the first to be captured.

Once you complete this event, you'll get a bike voucher which you can swap in Glacial City for a bike.

Power Plant Sidequest

So this is one of the new sidequests in the game. Basically, you have to charge up all the generators in the power plant, and you'll get the shock wave TM as a reward. It's a very easy sidequest with a decent TM as the prize. :3

Last edited:
Back