• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Are there any Mystery Dungeon fan games?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Feb 26, 2015
Hello there, as you can see the title is there any pokemon mystery dungeon fan game made for pc? (not ROMHACKS) I know there is one "Pokemon mystery universe" but that game is just too much 2 bit pixelated and there is not much to do in that game so. Is there any other fan game project?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Time and again, people have talked about making a kit to make Mystery Dungeon fangames. So far nothing that I recall has come out of it, but it would not be unwelcome. Depending on what elements you particularly want from it, it could probably be made using RPG Maker XP, but it seems as though you're looking for one to play rather than to make one. Best of luck, but I don't think you're likely to find one here.

Years
I'm making a PMD style game, but it uses the normal Pokemon battle system (though most battles will be double battles). All the dungeons will use the random dungeon generator in Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
h ttp://communityscriptproject.com/forum/index.php?topic=214.0

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
Actually, funny you should mention it. I've been working on a new project that hopes to eventually make PMD games accessible to lots of others, called the PMD Community Project. We've got a few games signed up as partners, all of which are making their own PMD MMOs based on the PMDCP Core (which is going to be released to GitHub soon). Also, we have sprites and other resources if you want to make your own game.

Website is still being renovated, but you can check it out here: pmdcommunity.eu
The partner games haven't been added yet, but they will be in the coming week.

Other than that, there's also my main game I focus on: Mystery Dungeon eXtended. It's built differently than most others; it's developed in a style similar to a wiki, allowing the community to work on all aspects of the game with few barriers. Download for that is on the website I posted above.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 9, 2023
I think the problem is that no one's ripped the Mystery Dungeon sprites into actor sheets. I've been looking for those for years! I'd even pay money for someone to do that now, to create XP/Ace character sheets from Mystery Dungeon 3 sprites. D;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 9, 2023
I'm working on a Pokémon engine in RPG Maker VX Ace that allows you to play as Pokémon instead of trainers. Been working on it for 2-3 weeks, I think?

Back