• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Awesome man!!I completed it but when the red ranger says to go to the HEVAH LEAGUE
There's no one there so I used some cheats:P

Completed what?
Did you mean that you finished the Dragon Castle event?
Or completed in collecting all eight badges?

Since trainers will reward the player with less money, I wonder if Amulet Coin is available.

I didn't really paid enough attention to most items though, so I am not sure. But you could use the Chip Battle mini-game to get some nice rewards wherein you could sell 'em to make money.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Completed what?
Did you mean that you finished the Dragon Castle event?
Or completed in collecting all eight badges?

I didn't really paid enough attention to most items though, so I am not sure. But you could use the Chip Battle mini-game to get some nice rewards wherein you could sell 'em to make money.

I found it at the beginning of the game. :)
BTW, are there any rewards for completing Hevah Pokedex?

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I have a major problem... apparently after your third battle with jimmy the camera isn't supposed to pan away from you character. I can also hear that im blocked from all sides can anyone help

Chris4DN

Mutated Cubone Evolution
Years
When I try to patch the .ups file to a Ruby rom ( its the us version, 1.0 and I used an .ips patch to remove the mugs intro), it says:

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\PKMN RD-LoG v15.8.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) (3).gba' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) (3).gba.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

Can someone perhaps reply or pm to me how to fix this, I really want to play LoG without any problems.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
When I try to patch the .ups file to a Ruby rom ( its the us version, 1.0 and I used an .ips patch to remove the mugs intro), it says:

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\PKMN RD-LoG v15.8.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) (3).gba' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) (3).gba.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Can someone perhaps reply or pm to me how to fix this, I really want to play LoG without any problems.

You need to download a clean ROM that has no MUGS intro. :3
Searching through Google with "Pokemon Ruby ROM" will lead you to the first few results. :3

I have a major problem... apparently after your third battle with jimmy the camera isn't supposed to pan away from you character. I can also hear that im blocked from all sides can anyone help

What version are you playing, and can you use Fly to get away?

Chris4DN

Mutated Cubone Evolution
Years
Thanks! I haven't played any of your hacks yet btw but I have read and/or heard very highly of them, and I have them on my Kindle Fire, ready to play >:D

I just did what you told me to do, and it worked. Which is strange because I used the same rom from the same website earlier and it didn't work. I think you can type magic.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You can try to get outta there to another city by random movement...
That's how I got outta there.

It means that the ROM you used is different from the one that was used as base for this hack.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Um, a question...
I caught a Shiny Yanma in the Safari Zone, and since pokemon from Sinnoh and Unova are in the game, can Yanma evolve?
If it can, How/when?

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Hi, i've been having a bit of an issue installing this game. I used the UPS patcher and it applied successfully(i think, although it was almost instant) with no errors. However, trying to load up the rom in VBA is unsuccessful as it simply stops at the gameboy screen. Can anyone help me?

Sceptylos

Saint
Years
Everyone who's had this problem edited their post and never said how they fixed it, but I have that same "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." error, and I've tried 3 different Ruby Roms. Could anyone help?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I got a shiny skarmory!!!!!!!!!!!!
For your next hack, be it skyline or something else, try to add the new sprites. Ruby's style is ehhh

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
it's been a long time i haven't played this, and plus i haven't finished it yet u_u, so i think i'm going to start over the game, but since i forgot the story branching thing can someone explain it to me (again)?
P.S: what's new in the final patch (v16)?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
it's been a long time i haven't played this, and plus i haven't finished it yet u_u, so i think i'm going to start over the game, but since i forgot the story branching thing can someone explain it to me (again)?
P.S: what's new in the final patch (v16)?

Story branching will begin after you have defeated the Dark Organization in Rintah Town.
It is where you choose which side of the game you are willing to play before the Dragon Castle Event.

v16 only has one bug fix though (I forgot what it was, but you can download the Newbie Package and check it out).

I got a shiny skarmory!!!!!!!!!!!!
For your next hack, be it skyline or something else, try to add the new sprites. Ruby's style is ehhh

LUCKY YOU!!! >:[

Also, sprites are on the bottom-part of the priority list. Main reason why I decided to cancel SkyLine was because I had so much progress with the sprite animations, but the hard drive suddenly died. ;_;
Events and maps are more important, in my point of view at least. :3

Everyone who's had this problem edited their post and never said how they fixed it, but I have that same "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." error, and I've tried 3 different Ruby Roms. Could anyone help?

Ash and I replied to the same question a few posts above yours. :3
Spoiler:

Hi, i've been having a bit of an issue installing this game. I used the UPS patcher and it applied successfully(i think, although it was almost instant) with no errors. However, trying to load up the rom in VBA is unsuccessful as it simply stops at the gameboy screen. Can anyone help me?

...Press 'A' (or 'Z')...? =/

Um, a question...
I caught a Shiny Yanma in the Safari Zone, and since pokemon from Sinnoh and Unova are in the game, can Yanma evolve?
If it can, How/when?

Darn, another one lucky to catch a shiny... Anyway, it will evolve into a Yanmega. What level? I forgot... ;_;

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
thanks for the answer, but still, i wanted to know how to play the good side of the story, sorry for not specifying enough Dx

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
You need to download a clean ROM that has no MUGS intro. :3
Searching through Google with "Pokemon Ruby ROM" will lead you to the first few results. :3

A different way to get around the checksum error (and I haven't seen anyone post this, so if it's a bad idea or something, please let me know) is to use NUPS instead of Tsukuyomi. NUPS asks you what you want to do if you get a checksum error. I clicked "ignore" and everything worked fine for both this and Victory Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back