• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
It freezes as soon as I step on the warp. I even tried linking it back to the downstairs like it normally is, and the same thing happened.
Now none of my warps are working. Even the ones that were existing before I touched anything are broken. I step on the tile and they freeze.

Years
Hi
I have problem with my fire red hack that i have been making.
When my cyndaquil should evolve. Evolution animation starts but cyndaquils sprite wont start blinking between quilavas and then animation stops and cyndaquil still as cyndaquil and message says ''?''. what should i do?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi
I have problem with my fire red hack that i have been making.
When my cyndaquil should evolve. Evolution animation starts but cyndaquils sprite wont start blinking between quilavas and then animation stops and cyndaquil still as cyndaquil and message says ''?''. what should i do?

That's because you need the National Dex in order to evolve non-Kanto Pokemon in FRLG. You can activate the national Dex by using the command 'special 0x16F' in a script. Place it in a person event or green script tile and interact with it in-game. The best time to activate this would be when you get your regular Pokedex.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
First, my question, because I'm honestly stumped on what to do, so forgive me if the answer is straightfoward or not.

For reasons that would just bore anyone if I told why, I need to make a way to make the player dismount their bike. I know there's a special that forces the player onto the bike, and I intend to use it as well, but I need a way to take the player off of the bike, using only a script and nothing else, so no special tile behaviors or anything.

Now none of my warps are working. Even the ones that were existing before I touched anything are broken. I step on the tile and they freeze.

Now seems like a great time to boot up your backup. It seems you messed up something inside your game that controls warping or something.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I have two problems with my Fire Red Rom.
First, when I add my new pokemon into the game as starters and I leave my house for the first time, the screen goes black and freezes. I've checked without my new Pokemon in the game and it doesn't freeze until I put them in. Why is this happening?
Second, when I insert a trainer into Advance Map, I try to save it and it won't let me. I used Advance Trainer to make a new trainer, gave it a new script and used that script offset for the trainer, and it won't let me save my work on Advance Map. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
Special characters in Advance Text?

Hi everyone! I'm really new into ROM hacking. Actually, I don't know much about it (I'm not even sure if my post is in the right section), but how hard can it be to translate a game into another language? Apparently, the tool Advance Text works like a charm. But my language always likes to be unique, and the case is the same when we come to writing it.

Therefore, I can write some letters without problem (ö, ü, á, é, ó), but some of them can't seem to work. I can understand why ő and ű are not supported, but what about í? It is used in at least the Spanish version as well.

So my question is: how can I get the letters Ő/ő, Ű/ű and Í/í show up in the translation? Please don't forget that I'm still a noob, so most likely I wouldn't understand too deep technical stuff.:embarrass

(Also, a bonus point is given if you can find out which language I'm talking about.:))

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Advance Map Help

I'm trying to include a charmander give away script into my game....
Anyway that isn't the problem.....
When I receive the charmander it is called "Kachu" and this is the same when I try to modify the wild pokemon.
For bulbasaur there isn't even a name.....

What could be the problem? am I using an outdated version?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Now seems like a great time to boot up your backup. It seems you messed up something inside your game that controls warping or something.
I was worried someone would say that. I've made significant other progress on the hack, but I suppose my backup will have to do. Could size incompatibilities between maps be an issue? I would just really like to know what went wrong.

redriders180

Years
I was worried someone would say that. I've made significant other progress on the hack, but I suppose my backup will have to do. Could size incompatibilities between maps be an issue? I would just really like to know what went wrong.

If you want, just open up the broken and fixed versions of the game, and transfer the maps and scripts between them. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I guess adding the map messed up the warping capabilities, somehow. I don't think its the size, because I've changed the size of many maps without a hitch so far.

How would one go about changing which flag activates which HM? Or, how does one change which order the badges appear in the trainer card?

For Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength, all you'd have to do is open up the scripts associated with the OW, and change which flag it checks for. In regards to Surf, Fly, Waterfall, and Dive, the flags are checked in ASM, so they would have to be changed in ASM accordingly. I don't know where or how to go about doing that, however. For changing the badges, there's a picture of every badge in a line somewhere in UNLZ.gba. It shouldn't be too hard to find. All you'd have to do is export it, rearrange it, and re-import it to change which badge appears where. Although I have a nagging feeling you mean you want to change which badge appears in which slot, i.e. make the ThunderBadge appear in the first slot, but keep the capabilities of it setting the able-to-fly flag which can only be done in the third spot. As for that, I don't know how to do it either. Much luck!

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
I need vbalCbEx6.ocx in order to run Sappy. I wonder if anyone can send me a private message or something since the official download from vbaccelerator is not longer aviable.

Years
For Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength, all you'd have to do is open up the scripts associated with the OW, and change which flag it checks for. In regards to Surf, Fly, Waterfall, and Dive, the flags are checked in ASM, so they would have to be changed in ASM accordingly. I don't know where or how to go about doing that, however. For changing the badges, there's a picture of every badge in a line somewhere in UNLZ.gba. It shouldn't be too hard to find. All you'd have to do is export it, rearrange it, and re-import it to change which badge appears where. Although I have a nagging feeling you mean you want to change which badge appears in which slot, i.e. make the ThunderBadge appear in the first slot, but keep the capabilities of it setting the able-to-fly flag which can only be done in the third spot. As for that, I don't know how to do it either. Much luck!
Haha yeah, I figured it wouldnt be as straightforward as changing a few bytes. oooh well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm really new into ROM hacking. Actually, I don't know much about it (I'm not even sure if my post is in the right section), but how hard can it be to translate a game into another language? Apparently, the tool Advance Text works like a charm. But my language always likes to be unique, and the case is the same when we come to writing it.

Therefore, I can write some letters without problem (ö, ü, á, é, ó), but some of them can't seem to work. I can understand why ő and ű are not supported, but what about í? It is used in at least the Spanish version as well.

So my question is: how can I get the letters Ő/ő, Ű/ű and Í/í show up in the translation? Please don't forget that I'm still a noob, so most likely I wouldn't understand too deep technical stuff.:embarrass

(Also, a bonus point is given if you can find out which language I'm talking about.:))

OK, so I found a character table for them and got Í/í to work. Meanwhile, I figured out that there are many, many useless letters to replace with Ő/ő and Ű/ű. So now the only question I have: how do I edit the tiles for these letters? What tools do I need? I haven't been able to find information related to this. Thanks in advance!

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Okay, so I've been learning some asm recently, and, I must say - people make it out to be a lot harder than it really is. It's a bit annoying to remember the syntax, but using it is easy, or at least, far easier than I was expecting.

But, I do have a little question - does pushing registers actually set the value in the register to zero? That may be a silly question, but as far as I can tell, all it does is put the data into the stack.

The reason why I ask is that, I have a routine that actually requires pushing the registers in the middle of it (parts of it need manipulating a lot of registers at once), and I didn't want to have to have a ton of lines of "sub rx,rx,rx" if I don't need them.

Nope. Pushing a register keeps the value intact, it only stores it in the stack.
To clear a register, there's a clean, fast way that don't waste cycles, that is by doing
LSL rX, rX, #0x20
or
MOV rX, #0
This way you clear the register content.

~Sonic1

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
OK, so I found a character table for them and got Í/í to work. Meanwhile, I figured out that there are many, many useless letters to replace with Ő/ő and Ű/ű. So now the only question I have: how do I edit the tiles for these letters? What tools do I need? I haven't been able to find information related to this. Thanks in advance!

This tutorial shows you how to change the font of letters, but you should be able to use to completely change the letters as well.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I don't know what method you use, But I just open A-map, click the purple puzzle piece, then go to Picture>Save Tileset 1. Save it somewhere, open it in paint, add the graphics you need, making sure the COLORS MATCH THE ORIGINAL, then put it back in A-map with Picture>Load Tileset 1.

I recommend A-Map 1.95 for this process, since whenever I use A-Map 1.92, it exports the tileset in a strange file type.

Thanks for reply , now I knew how to do it. But now I have a new problem. I using Pokemon Fire Red Rom , I need to create 2 region at the same rom. So, I use Kanto region to made 1, then I want to use Map no 2( The Island 1/2/3 world map) , The map only have a few town and route. Example I use Pallet Town create into the Map no 2 , but I test at the Pallet Town open worldmap in VBA, hero head also at the Pallet Town at Kanto map , I only know how to changing a town/route Pos X/Y
in the map , how do I change hero head to the Map no 2 Pallet Town when i open worldmap at game? Thanks ~ :)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Thanks for reply , now I knew how to do it. But now I have a new problem. I using Pokemon Fire Red Rom , I need to create 2 region at the same rom. So, I use Kanto region to made 1, then I want to use Map no 2( The Island 1/2/3 world map) , The map only have a few town and route. Example I use Pallet Town create into the Map no 2 , but I test at the Pallet Town open worldmap in VBA, hero head also at the Pallet Town at Kanto map , I only know how to changing a town/route Pos X/Y
in the map , how do I change hero head to the Map no 2 Pallet Town when i open worldmap at game? Thanks ~ :)

I think you're talking about connection settings, assuming I understand what you're saying...

In a-map 1.92 I believe one of the pictures (next to show sprite, etc...) is the connection settings. It's self explanatory from there, you just change where you want the map to connect to.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
I'm trying to change the music for a trainer battle. However, there doesn't seem to be any indication of what song plays with trainers, no matter what theme plays. How would one go about this sort of change?

redriders180

Years

I understand...you're wanting to change what map appears when you open the World Map. I had a similar problem, since my game has multiple regions, and the best way to do it is with a hex editor, I'm afraid. I'll link to a tutorial you'd find useful, but I'll sum up what you can do to avoid using it.

Which map appears is based on the name (yes, name) of the current route you're on. Anything with an index from 0x58 to 0x8E ("Pallet Town" to "Power Plant") Automatically end up showing Map 1. It's down in the programming that, if the index is less than or equal to 0x8E, display map 1. For the other maps, it uses a list, making Maps 2-4 easier to customize. Tutorial for the above is here, courtesy of Mastermind X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back