• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well I think they care about them less there because I know Target has a no return policy on Pokémon cards meaning people can't buy them, weigh and return. Or worse, buy, open and tape and return. But I don't think they have the same return policy at Walmart or Meijers here. I've still had great pulls from Walmart and Meijers so luckily the cards are not usually weighed.

Oh well, this plastic is a good decision on Pokémon's part. Also noticed the plastic is only on the cards at Walmart, not Target so the distributor knows the cards are getting stolen more often at Walmart then Target.

Anyways I recently pulled a Trevenant Break, which is funny, in Breakthrough I pulled like 3 or 4 of 3 of the Break cards, then 1 or none of the other 3. So far I have no duplicate Breaks from Breakpoint including 1 J Greninja, 1 J Trevenant, 1 E Trevenant, 1 Raticate and 1 Luxray.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
My pull is really old, but when I went to a BREAKPoint pre-release here in the UAE, I pulled a SR Gyarados EX, when I was into the 4th or 5th pack, I don't remember. Then I received 2 more packs for participating, and I got a full art Scizor in one of them. All of these were pulled on January the 28th

Years
My pull is really old, but when I went to a BREAKPoint pre-release here in the UAE, I pulled a SR Gyarados EX, when I was into the 4th or 5th pack, I don't remember. Then I received 2 more packs for participating, and I got a full art Scizor in one of them. All of these were pulled on January the 28th

There's actually official events in the UAE?

Got 2 BreakThrough packs in cities today-

One had a half art M-Mewtwo X in, the other a holo Yveltal.

Not bad, and I came 8th out of 32

Nice and well done!

Opened a Roaring Skies blister with a Dragonite pin.

Roaring Skies Pack 1: reverse holo Rayquaza Spirit Link, gold Energy Switch, Wally
Roaring Skies Pack 2: reverse holo Dragonite, Unfezant, Double Dragon Energy
Primal Clash Pack: Tentacruel, Dive Ball

Well hot damn. Did not expect that gold Energy Switch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Dollar Tree to see if they had Breakpoint and bought 30 Breakthrough packs. I pulled another secret rare Mewtwo, the blue one. It's my second secret rare from Breakthrough I pulled from Dollar Tree, also pulled a Glalie FA, I find it funny I pulled 4 secret rare Mewtwos before a pulling a Glalie FA, also a Zoroark Break and a couple holos.

I opened an ETB the other day and got Gyarados and Emboar. Toys r us had a sale, 20% off so I got 8 packs there. From these I pulled Scizor Ex, M Scizor Ex and Gyarados Ex.

I also found the Jigglypuff Amiibo, I only collect the Pokémon ones and this was the last one I was looking for. Also found some adorable Latios and Latias plush keychains, similar to Mew. And a Chimchar plush from Tomy.

Spoiler:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
There's actually official events in the UAE?

Yeah, just recently. There event is also listed on the Pokemon Play!Pokemon listings or somewhere. I got a Trainer ID but it has become a hassle to put it on, since I asked them to change my country to Pakistan (That's where I'm from) (it's not even an option on the site, but they did change it for me.) so now I can't do anything sanctioned event related, My username for Trainer Club is not even in their database apparently, they said that when I asked them to helop me attach the ID... (The ticket is still in progress, they're taking too long, and plus they keep changing the topic every time)

Years
Yeah, just recently. There event is also listed on the Pokemon Play!Pokemon listings or somewhere. I got a Trainer ID but it has become a hassle to put it on, since I asked them to change my country to Pakistan (That's where I'm from) (it's not even an option on the site, but they did change it for me.) so now I can't do anything sanctioned event related, My username for Trainer Club is not even in their database apparently, they said that when I asked them to helop me attach the ID... (The ticket is still in progress, they're taking too long, and plus they keep changing the topic every time)

Did you actually go through and create your Trainer Club account on the website before submitting the help ticket? That's a pretty important part of having your account registered with TPCI.

EDIT: Also, opened an Aurorus EX box.

Breakthrough Pack 1: Florges, Town Map
Breakthrough Pack 2: Marowak, Brigette
Roaring Skies Pack: Skarmory, Trainer's Mail, Wally
Primal Clash Pack: Excadrill

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Did you actually go through and create your Trainer Club account on the website before submitting the help ticket? That's a pretty important part of having your account registered with TPCI.

Don't you remember me? I'm the guy who is obsessed with TCGO of course I had a Trainer Account, I was using that account to contact them anyways. So how come they didn't detect me.

Btw:
Opened a Roaring Skies Pack online: Holo Rare Skarmory, still no Shaymin EX

Years
Don't you remember me? I'm the guy who is obsessed with TCGO of course I had a Trainer Account, I was using that account to contact them anyways. So how come they didn't detect me.

Btw:
Opened a Roaring Skies Pack online: Holo Rare Skarmory, still no Shaymin EX

I recognized your username. I just had forgotten you were on here for TCGO stuff.

If I had to guess, maybe you never properly verified the account? IDK.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hi All

Haven't posted in a while (damn you school and life), good to see everyone still collecting.

I bought a breakpoint three pack blister, pulled a FA Skyla and Break Luxray to go along with the umbreon Promo.

I really liked some of the artwork from the holo's from this set, Slowking and Suicuine. I will post as soon as they arrive.

I have almost completed my skyridge set, trying to scoop up a crystal celebi whenever I can.

BTW, ToysRUS has 20%off all pokemon stuff this week, including cards. My Toysrus prices for TCG stuff is always higher than compared to target, so its not a deal for me. Might be for others!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
About the only good price is the single packs, usually sell for $4.99 and are now $3.99. Which is the regular price for packs at Gamestop but they have a larger selection of packs.

Years
Here are the other notable cards from the 6 Breakpoint packs I opened:

Rare: Ferrothorn
Luxray
Raticate
Trevenant
Meowstic

Reverse Holo Rare: Hypno

Reverse Holo: Espurr
Trainer - Potion
Trainer- Bursting Baloon
Glameow

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Here single packs are usually $3.99 at Gamestop, $4.18 at Walmart, $4.19 at Target and Walgreens, prices vary at Meijers, Plasma Freeze is usually 3.99, Plasma Blast-Phantom Forces is usually $4.19 and Primal Clash-Breakpoint is usually $4.39.

Anyways I opened my Breakpoint booster box today, originally the post office said it couldn't be delivered yesterday because it had the wrong city, even though it didn't. Then they delivered it at 9pm, we didn't get it because we thought it was arriving on Wednesday. So it sat outside in the cold all night in the mailbox.
Spoiler:

A few notices, Full arts, holos and exs come in packs with the old code card design, non holo rares and break cards come in packs with the new code card design. Luckily the codes are backwards so you don't see but most Youtubers still end up spoiling the packs. Wish they were all the same.

Last edited:
Years
I picked up a bunch of packs at GameStop yesterday, and I opened one of the tins I grabbed, the Latios EX tin.

Ancient Origins Pack 1: reverse holo Eco Arm, Tyranitar EX, Energy Recycler
Ancient Origins Pack 2: Tyranitar Spirit Link, Regice, Forest of Giant Plants
Roaring Skies Pack: FA Thundurus EX, Winona
Primal Clash Pack: Ninetales

Pretty good pulls for a tin with an EX already in it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a figure cube from Target today, it's the first one I opened. I looked but didn't see any with full art exs as the promo like some Youtubers have.

But I did find one with a Sylveon figure and a Pikachu figure. It also had an Absol ex, unfortunately the ex is damaged around the edges. You can tell it came out of a collection box. I was pretty shocked to find a Flashfire Dusknoir rev as one of the holos. That was the last rev I needed from Flashfire before I pulled it awhile back. Had I not I would have fainted.... lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I opened 2 Mew boxes. The first one had 2 Mew promos and 2 code cards so funny factory error box, it also had a M Gardevoir FA, Blastoise Ex and Machamp Holo

The other had a Gardevoir FA and a Meowstic Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back