• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Now that you think about it, Froakie's name could be partially derived from "Rookie". So what's a higher rank? Frogeneral? Frommodore?

Also, I know I'm not the only one that sees Frogadiers head resembling a pilot's headgear and the bubbles resembling a scarf. Water/Flying frog pilot?
That's a good look at the name's origins. Maybe it's final evolution will be Fronin (a combo of Frog and Jonin, or Frog and ninja) if it's final evolution is based off a ninja like the rumors say.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Also, I know I'm not the only one that sees Frogadiers head resembling a pilot's headgear and the bubbles resembling a scarf. Water/Flying frog pilot?

Froakie must evolve into Flying type, since the aviator theme in his middle form...
Fennekin's wand could make it psychic or fairy...

But I still want all 3 to become Fairy Type!!! That way we will have 3 awesome fairies to play with.

Years
I could have sworn I had posted in this thread already, but for me.. I'm going for Fennekin, hoping that like most past fire starters, its evolved form has an additional type to it, most likely being Fighting, and since I really like its cute appearance.

Sirfetch’d

After seeing the new evolutions it only strengthens my want for Chespin! That little evolution is a big, fat, adorable little cutie that I cannot wait to use on my team. I know some people are disappointed in him, but I think that he is the best of the 3 and has tons of potential to have a fantastic final evo.

Angelroid

Sun X
Years
Frogadier is from frog and brigadier. Brigadier is a senior military rank generally superior to the rank of colonel, and subordinate to major general.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
Years
I wanted to give the new evolutions a few days to sink in before deciding how I felt about them. My thoughts are mostly positive.

Quilladin: Meh. I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. If the final evolution looks cool, I probably won't mind using it, but I generally don't like grass types anyway. I think the nose bothers me the most. At the very least, I like it more than Combusken, Marshtomp, Pignite, and Servine.

Braixen: I like Braixen. it's completely different from what I was expecting, but in a good way. I like that it's kind of feminine-looking because we don't really get that with the starters. Also, Braixen appears to be based on a kitsune, which has magical powers and (I think) can take human form. I think that's pretty cool and opens the door for an awesome final evolution.

Frogadier: I love Frogadier. I like the name, I think the design is great, and it's definitely a nice follow-up to Froakie. I don't really know what to expect for the final evolution, but I hope it doesn't disappoint. As for the typing, if the final evolution isn't pure Water, then I think I'd be cool with Water/Fighting. I just don't want Water/Flying, though I think that's the most likely secondary type.

So yeah, I'm still planning on choosing Froakie as my first starter, but I'd be happy to choose Fennekin as my second starter. We'll see what happens with Chespin.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I'm still going for Chespin! The evoltuion looks a bit odd but it's growing on me and I really want Charizard from Sycamore. On my second playthrough I'll go Fennekin then!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
When I first saw the starters, I thought they were all great. Chespin is well designed, and I REALLY like the name. Fennekin is good too. I like the name. While the design is also alright, I only really dislike Fennekin due to him reminding me too much of Nintales....hopefully his final evolution changes that. Froakie's name is practically perfect for him. His design also pleases me. Now, for their evolutions..I don't like them much. I like all their names, its truly their designs that do it for me. Braxien is just awful to me. I mean, they really didn't seem to try with this one. Its like they just made Fennekin stand up and added a random stick coming out of his tail. Quilladin is probably the one I like the most. I don't hate this one at all. I don't truly have any issues with it. Frogadier is like the middle. I have mixed feelings about him. I feel the dark blue on his head is kinda strange looking. The fact his ears are pointed also seems odd to me. I'm also not sure if I'm a fan of the blue hands and feet. But other than that, he looks good to me.

Considering where things are going, I'll take a guess at what I think the final evolutions will be like. Chespin, I'm thinking his final evo will be something like a cross between him, Emboar, and Golem. I kinda like the sound of that. As far as typing goes, I truly can't tell where this one is going. Maybe pure grass. Froakie's final evo is probably going to be his 2nd evo, but with moar dark blue, longer neck thing, and even stranger ears. So basically, a giant cloud frog creature. I honestly wanna see how this one plays out. He might be Water-Flying. Fennekin's evolution could go a couple ways in my view. The fact his 2nd evo is standing on 2 legs could mean that we could get a fighting fire fox, which could be great as far as design goes, but I dread the thought of there being ANOTHER fire-fighting type final evolution. Now, I feel the stick will play a huge role in Fennekin's final evo. Unless he hits people with them, I think it will be used in a Psychic or Fairy type way. Maybe the stick will be some sort of wand or maybe it will be like Alakazam's spoon. I hope they do something like this, or just NOT give us a Fire Fighting type.

Years
I think I'm starting to change my mind about my starter choice. I like Fennekin, and I like Braixen, but I just can't get past the stick. :/ And I was really hoping for a Kyuubi-inspired final evolution, and I don't think that's going to happen.

That being said, I may change my mind alltogether and go #TeamFroakie. I really love Frogadier's design, I think it's the best designed of the stage one starter evolutions, and it frees up a spot in my team to use Pyroar as my Fire type, because that is set in stone. And I vastly prefer Pyroar to Braixen.

Also, I don't really get the Quilladin hate. Yes, he's a bit chubby, but I think that's one of the coolest english names for any pokemon. And we all know its Stage 2 evolution is going to become an awesome knight-themed Pokemon.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Well chespin just ruined itself, the evolution quite frankly looks awful, whereas froakie got even more awesome

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I was sure about picking Froakie, but now I'm not sure. If Quilladin actually evolves into some kind of Paladin or Knight I might have to pick him. In every medieval themed RPG I have played I always pick the knight class first because they usually have my favorite play style. Also I just like the way knight armors look.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was sure about picking Froakie, but now I'm not sure. If Quilladin actually evolves into some kind of Paladin or Knight I might have to pick him. In every medieval themed RPG I have played I always pick the knight class first because they usually have my favorite play style. Also I just like the way knight armors look.
So Quilladin is the Palladin/warrior, and Braixen is a Witch/mage...and if one Frogadier as a ninja/assassin they sort of make up an RPG triad...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
So Quilladin is the Palladin/warrior, and Braixen is a Witch/mage...and if one Frogadier as a ninja/assassin they sort of make up an RPG triad...

That is what would make the most sense I believe.

Quilladin would specialize in Defense since he would be a Knight, Braixen in Special Attack since she its a Mage and Frogadier in Speed/Attack since he is Ninja. The evolution types I hope is Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.

The ideal evolution for Quilladin would be Grass/Steel since Steel is just a better defensive type that Rock, but then it would be 4x weak to Braixen's evolution which would be odd. It could also be that the rumor is true that Quilladin's evolution is Grass/Dark making it able to hit Braixen's evolution with 2x damage and still being able to get hit itself for 2x damage from Frogadier's evolution, althought Knights are suppose to represent benevolence not the opposite.

Years
That is what would make the most sense I believe.

Quilladin would specialize in Defense since he would be a Knight, Braixen in Special Attack since she its a Mage and Frogadier in Speed/Attack since he is Ninja. The evolution types I hope is Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.

The ideal evolution for Quilladin would be Grass/Steel since Steel is just a better defensive type that Rock, but then it would be 4x weak to Braixen's evolution which would be odd. It could also be that the rumor is true that Quilladin's evolution is Grass/Dark making it able to hit Braixen's evolution with 2x damage and still being able to get hit itself for 2x damage from Frogadier's evolution, althought Knights are suppose to represent benevolence not the opposite.

Mabye a dark knight.
But I got to say its hard to believe he will become grass/dark, he is such a cute and jolly pokemon.
And except Inaky I can't think of a cute pokemon who became dark type.
As you said grass/steel is a great combination(only one weakness), with grass/dark he would have seven!(poison, flying, bug, fighting, fairy, ice, fire). In a case of grass/dak I hope the dream world abilities will stay and he will get thick fat or something else which will remove some of his weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back