• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Okay... I skimmed chapter one of A Day Inside May and I will not be reading any more than that. Ew ew ew ew I'm an innocent person. :( :(

In other news I'm enjoying these videos despite not shipping any of them~

Yeah, that's pretty much the same reaction it always seems to get. Oh, Caroline comes in a bit later, she's such a supportive mother. :P

At first I thought this shipping was cute but now I'm like meh.

Penguinshipping looked like it had a lot of potential in the beginning, especially with Kenny's blatant crush on Dawn...but they never developed his character and made him really bland. I still believe that if they played up that love interest a bit more, Kenny would be an all right character.

That is true actually. I have seen people make good videos without Sony Vegas. They would either have Adobe Premier element or WMM(Window Movie Maker)
Some of my favorite amvs are made without sony vegas! Most of them are pretty old, because back in the old days, you didn't rely on shiny effects to make an amv good...it was pure story telling, which is what made them great.

This is one of the first AMVs I made with WMM (Rocketshippy, back when I was a huuuge R*cketshipper). It's kinda slow, but hopefully not terrible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hTtkHuXy0

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
No! You said the "R" word! D:
That aside, adorable video. What episode(s) did you get most of the clips from?

CommanderPigg

Years
My journey as a Rocketshipper was a bumpy one...I went from casual to hardcore to anti to queer and back to casual XD

Thank you! I only used one episode: The Chronicles special: Training Daze (or in the Japanese: The Origin of Love and Youth)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Penguinshipping looked like it had a lot of potential in the beginning, especially with Kenny's blatant crush on Dawn...but they never developed his character and made him really bland. I still believe that if they played up that love interest a bit more, Kenny would be an all right character.

I think that what got me to stop liking Kenny. He gotten blah later on during that season.

Some of my favorite amvs are made without sony vegas! Most of them are pretty old, because back in the old days, you didn't rely on shiny effects to make an amv good...it was pure story telling, which is what made them great.

This is one of the first AMVs I made with WMM (Rocketshippy, back when I was a huuuge R*cketshipper). It's kinda slow, but hopefully not terrible:

I've seen some good WMM videos. The video was pretty good for using WMM. I would post some of my WMM videos but the Pokemon WMM I had up on Ashpikastar got removed by Youtube once my account got suspended. I'll probably upload it later.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
None of your AMVs can beat this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNn_Wp8oAo

o__________________________________0 Oh lol, I actually laughed. Poor, poor, Shedinjareese. Don't worry, when you start getting to people's comments about how they think May getting STDs and getting pregnant then having a miscarriage would be good "emotional" end to the story, you know every single person who rated this as a good fanfic is an idiot. The misinformation of these young 12 year olds is amazing. Just get to the part where none of them understand anything about when girls get periods and when they can get pregnant. Failures.

HAHAHAHAH that AMV is brilliant, brilliant. Oh and yes lol...I read "A Day"-- well not all of it, probably not half of it 'cause I found it looooooong, kinda boring, and excessive honestly-- and I saw those comments. Goodness. Though I gotta say, my favorite line by far was when Ash said, "So, am I supposed to do anything with that?"

I can't find any good rocketshipping AMV's T.T.

Oh no! Those are what got me back into Rocketshipping hardcore! Although they've removed a lot of my favorite ones. :'( I'll have to link you some that remain though. Team Rocket vids to "The Bad Touch" was kinda epic but that's not up anymore, sigh...

Awwwwww! Nice! Great song choice! We need more episodes like Training Daze!!! I made an amv for Rocketshipping a while ago but I don't think I actually used any stills from TD. Also, yeah, sorry it's just images if you check it out but I love this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSuBuo2gXkY

CommanderPigg

Years
To be completely honest, I only casually ship Rocketshipping now...Meaning, if I happen to come across it, I'll enjoy it, but I wouldn't actively seek out fanworks...

However, if another "Training Daze-like" special came out, I think my interest may be revitalized :P

Rocketshipping has so potential, and although this is taboo for me to say, I really hope it becomes canon by the series' end. They don't have to be married or anything, just...living in the same house...sharing the same bed...or something XD

But the writers don't seem to want to add shippy scenes like they did in the past...they're making it so clear that they're just friends :/ (unless you look for extremely minor subtext, which is what I resort to all the time)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
What does this thread take steroids when I keep my eye off it? >__>

Rocketshipping.. is controversial. That's about all I can say. But I would personally prefer to support it. I mean if it weren't for Meowth, those two would probably do much better things in the woods than chase a Pikachu they should know by they they CAN'T CAPTURE... but that's another subject.

Call me crazy, but the shipping got cuter when the TRio went 'SRZBIZNS' ^__^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
edit:2,000th post

Everyone says this T_T
Well that's because Penguinshipping is proper boring. I think it was proven Kenny liked Dawn when he asked her to go on a journey with him, but she didn't so I guess that shipping goes down the drain.

Nah, never mind. Ikarishipping scenes aren't shippy enough anyways ;P
There are load's, ya just gotta look properly, take a look on the Bulba page for it. (More than Penguinshipping I bet.)
I like that song :P A lot of people use that Dawn scene too for a variety of things...Yeah, if I were to ship Ikari, it'd just be for the sado-masochism XD
Heh, in all fairness Dawn was actually facing Ash not Paul. xD
Here's the pic:
552g.jpg

Oh no! Those are what got me back into Rocketshipping hardcore! Although they've removed a lot of my favorite ones. :'( I'll have to link you some that remain though. Team Rocket vids to "The Bad Touch" was kinda epic but that's not up anymore, sigh...
I found one for ya sheddy. :3

Overdose of chroma keyer though. xD

I know exactly what you mean, I started out with WMM and a few slideshows. xD Im pretty sure every AMV maker has started out with WMM.

Heres a cappy old Ikarishipping video I made ages ago in sony vegas, it's pretty crap because I used too much effects:

CommanderPigg

Years
What does this thread take steroids when I keep my eye off it? >__>

Rocketshipping.. is controversial. That's about all I can say. But I would personally prefer to support it. I mean if it weren't for Meowth, those two would probably do much better things in the woods than chase a Pikachu they should know by they they CAN'T CAPTURE... but that's another subject.

Call me crazy, but the shipping got cuter when the TRio went 'SRZBIZNS' ^__^

Oh, tell me about it! I mean, while other ships have rival ships, this one has an ANTI group...And different sects of the fandom who have varying ideas of what their characterizations should be like if they got together. (LOL, the UST is phenomenal ;P)

It does to an extent, but I like goofy romantic Rockets too XD Although, the best shippy scenes did happen when they were more serious...

Well that's because Penguinshipping is proper boring. I think it was proven Kenny liked Dawn when he asked her to go on a journey with him, but she didn't so I guess that shipping goes down the drain.

Is it weird that I view Kenny as kind of a stalkerish voyeur who has a difficult time admitting his feelings for his childhood crush because he's a social failure? The fact that he and Dawn had a past together adds an extra layer to their relationship, but you know...As I said before, wasted potential. And yeah, a lot of Pearlshippers saw that as a "triumph," but really...Ash just wanted to battle XD

There are load's, ya just gotta look properly, take a look on the Bulba page for it. (More than Penguinshipping I bet.)

Quality over quantity ;) And anyways, most of the ikari hints either:
1. Involve Dawn looking at Paul/noticing Paul. Not even romantically, just a glance. OMG, so shippy.
2. Involve Ash.

Heh, in all fairness Dawn was actually facing Ash not Paul. xD

I rest my case :P Ooooh, and who's watching Paul sullenly as he heads off to the sunset?~ other than the ref and Reggie

Overdose of chroma keyer though. xD

I only used the Chroma Keyer for my "Don't Trust Ash" vid...It didn't work out so well. Nice amv though!

Heres a cappy old Ikarishipping video I made ages ago in sony vegas, it's pretty crap because I used too much effects:

I saw that amv not too long ago. It has a nice story, but yeah...the effects are a bit much XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Quality over quantity ;) And anyways, most of the ikari hints either:
1. Involve Dawn looking at Paul/noticing Paul. Not even romantically, just a glance. OMG, so shippy.
2. Involve Ash.
Heh, well not all hint's take a look:!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:IkariShipping
[/QUOTE]

We need a new topic... How about... Chessshipping? (Touya x Touko) The names pretty awsome if you ask me.

Oh! Does anyone know the name for Touko x N x Touya? There's loads of fan-art for it on Pixiv:
15532719m.jpg

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

We need a new topic... How about... Chessshipping? (Touya x Touko) The names pretty awsome if you ask me.

Oh! Does anyone know the name for Touko x N x Touya? There's loads of fan-art for it on Pixiv:

So that's what it's called? Already there is shown a little shipping hints in the manga although there is so far 2 chapters out. I think Touko x N is FerrisWheelShipping. Touko is the girl right? I'm use to calling her White. N x Touya is YinYangShipping I believe but I don't know a shipping name for all three.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
o.o'
Touko x N x Touya? I don't think there's a name for that. I tried googling around and checked BMGf and Serebii but to no avail.
Heh, maybe we should give it a name, we don't have to conform to Bulbapedia's shipping community, we have our own.

You'd be suprised how popular it is on Pixiv, when you type any of their names on nearly every page theres a picture of Touko x N x Touya.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
A shipping name for all three? Um I guess Yingwheelshipping? Lucky guess.
I don't really get it.

BlackWhiteGreenShipping. XD
^That's the only thing I could think of. ;D

EDIT:
BlackGreenWhiteShipping sounds better. But nothing beats MysteryEggShipping anyway. :D
Very original
Maybe something like Nevershipping or, um, i dunno.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

She took out 'Ying' out of YingYangShipping (N x Touya) and 'Wheel' from FerrisWheelShipping (N x Touko). Combine the two words and you get YingWheelShipping. XD;;
Still don't get it
Well not very original anyway.

Mysteryeggshippings gonna be over in two more episodes :P

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
-Gosh I think this substitute in class hates me for some reason-

She took out 'Ying' out of YingYangShipping (N x Touya) and 'Wheel' from FerrisWheelShipping (N x Touko). Combine the two words and you get YingWheelShipping. XD;;

Lol yeah was just getting a idea from there. Don't you love combining?

Still don't get it
Well not very original anyway.

Mysteryeggshippings gonna be over in two more episodes :P

Mysteryeggshipping seems to be a cute shipping though.

Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back