• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

20 children, 6 Adults dead in Connecticut elementary school shooting

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Is Westburo church like the PETA of Christianity? I hear about them all the time choosing the wrong events and people to start movements against. It sickens me the way a large amount of the christian population reacted to this. Someone in my local community said if religion wasn't restricted from practice in public schools, this wouldn't have happened and we all know that is BS. Also I don't think there is a simple, one shot way in preventing these situations.

^@Mr. X: I hope he does take action against them because that could ruin someone's life if they were framed for multiple-manslaughter by the news
I wouldn't consider them Christians. They probably don't consider themselves Christians considering they hate all Christians.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Definately agree with that last part. I think although religion is part of it, mainly it's because of greed, or the want to make people subject to your will who are different than you/don't share the same views

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Not really, they consider themselves Christians.

To them, its all the other Christians who are not following the teachings of the bible.

Here's hoping that they all drink flavoraid on the 21st.

Years
So now we have some new details:

Here is your shooter. Who evidently was an Autistic/had Asperger's. And raised by a mother who evidently had issues of her own.

Adam_Lanza_164650000_20121215074048_320_240.JPG

This is the weapon he used. A Semi-Automatic that fires a round with every pull of the trigger, meaning you can fire hundreds upon hundreds of rounds per minute, as fast as you can pull the trigger.The AR-15 uses high-powered fragmentation ammunition that literally explodes on impact. So you can imagine what these did to 6 and 7 year olds.

bushmaster_ar15.jpg

Still think that should be legal?

Zet

Years
Yes and no. They are the closest eqilivent, as both groups go to extremes to spread their message.

The difference is that PETA's core beliefs are understandable and admirable. Treating animals better. Peta goes to extremes to achieve this, but it is a good goal. The WBC's core beliefs are pretty much "**** fags, **** you, **** the country, and **** everything now that we think about it".

As for Religion in general, I laugh when people say that Religion prevents tragedy and killing. It's funny, because historically Religion has been the root cause for the majority of wars in our planets history.
PETA murders thousands of animals every year because they think they're unadoptable. I'd hardly call them better treatment for animals, and it really goes against their core beliefs.

Sir Codin

Too bad the guy was autistic. Now I suspect people are going to be approaching autistic people like people after Columbine approached people who wear trench coats.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Zet

Years
So now we have some new details:

Here is your shooter. Who evidently was an Autistic/had Asperger's. And raised by a mother who evidently had issues of her own.

Adam_Lanza_164650000_20121215074048_320_240.JPG

This is the weapon he used. A Semi-Automatic that fires a round with every pull of the trigger, meaning you can fire hundreds upon hundreds of rounds per minute, as fast as you can pull the trigger.The AR-15 uses high-powered fragmentation ammunition that literally explodes on impact. So you can imagine what these did to 6 and 7 year olds.

-gun images-

Still think that should be legal?
I heard he used pistols, but damn, that's just scary beyond belief. And if I recall correctly those are the types of guns Obama didn't want to be sold.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Ugh...now people are going to start being more wary of people with a spectrum disorder. Anyone know what exactly was wrong with his mother, though? Perhaps that has more to do with it? Because as far as I know, there was no motive in this thing, so idk...

And no, Livewire, those guns shouldn't be legal. Putting that into the mental scenario just makes it all the more worse to me...that thing is just...it's truly terrifying. I can't imagine being faced with one of those.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
@Livewire; Christ that is some serious firepower. Wouldn't want to have to see one of those being fired in my lifetime.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
He didn't use the AR-15. He had left it outside the building and went in with two pistols.

He might have planned to use that as well, but ended up putting a bullet to his head instead.

Fragmentation is false, in this case. He didn't use the gun but if he had, because of the well... size, of his targets, the round would have passed through with minimal resistance meaning it wouldn't fragment. Smaller body size, less muscle tissue, weaker bones... Minus shots to the head, the rounds wouldn't have fragmented. If anything, the stronger power in the rounds would have prevented the bullets from lodging in the body which may have actually resulted in less deaths. (Edit - This only applies if the AR-15 was using the standard 5.56 NATO. That is the most common chamber, but its possiable to get it in 9x19, .40, .45, .22, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, .223, .205, 6.5 Grendel, and 6.8 Remington SPC)

Edit - Peta core beliefs are more humane treatment of animals. More humane methods to put a animal down, although still sad, does fall under this.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those things fired, to be honest.

But in a shooting range at a circle target, not at living people.

Years
He didn't use the AR-15. He had left it outside the building and went in with two pistols.

He might have planned to use that as well, but ended up putting a bullet to his head instead.

Fragmentation is false, in this case. He didn't use the gun but if he had, because of the well... size, of his targets, the round would have passed through with minimal resistance meaning it wouldn't fragment. Smaller body size, less muscle tissue, weaker bones... Minus shots to the head, the rounds wouldn't have fragmented.

Edit - Peta core beliefs are more humane treatment of animals. More humane methods to put a animal down does fall under this.

No, he used the AR-15/.223 Caliber Bushmaster rifle as well.

I'm not good with gun terminology, but regardless, the AR/Bushmaster/big scary gun used special ammunition designed to for maximum killing power and maximum internal damage.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm not good with gun terminology, but regardless, the AR/Bushmaster/big scary gun used special ammunition designed to kill.

*facedesk*

Yeah. It used special ammo designed to kill, instead of of the standard ammo that farts rainbows.

All ammo, and guns, are designed to kill. Thats the ultimate purpose of a gun and bullet, to forcefully take the life of something.

Anyway, for those that have doubts that the WBC picket (Well, if they do do that. They have bull****ted people before.) won't turn into a riot just remember. This is one of the signs that they have used in the past and will proably use for this picket.

5856080694_5cfdf43c87.jpg

Years
*facedesk*

Yeah. It used special ammo designed to kill, instead of of the standard ammo that farts rainbows.

All ammo, and guns, are designed to kill. Thats the ultimate purpose of a gun and bullet, to forcefully take the life of something.

Anyway, for those that have doubts that the WBC picket (Well, if they do do that. They have bull****ted people before.) won't turn into a riot just remember. This is one of the signs that they have used in the past and will proably use for this picket.

5856080694_5cfdf43c87.jpg

Oh boy, better make a sarcastic remark in a thread about 20 dead children!

**Rounds meant for maximum killing power. The ones from the rifle that was used.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
As a journalist, I have to agree to a point. There is a justification for reporting the name of the criminal and how he did it, just for the sake of making it known. But a very different thing is making special reports about kids being terrfied and showing CCTV images of how it happened and all, and going into second-by-second descriptions of everything: "And then he shot the gun twice and the first two kids died". There is even a difference between reporting it as "28 killed in school shooting", "Bloody massacre: a cold and intelligent murderer kills his mom and 20 children" or (my absolute -un-favourite) "Satan enjoys himself in Newtown". All three are real headlines and boy do I prefer the first one.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Boy I have to agree with that Ausaudriel. We don't get enough reports that focus on the victims when shootings like this happen. Sure they can't interview the victims, but they sure can possibly get details about what was happening before they were killed.

And a response to the WBC pickets.It's just awful that they're even considering picketing the funerals of these children who did nothing at all to them or the shooter. They just really make me mad cause of how heartless they are. I wish they would realize that what they're doing isn't Christ-like or Godly at all.

Edit:
Today on the news this morning my local Fox station , Fox2 , interrupted their broadcast several times and showed a list of all the victims. It mentioned names and their ages and they even told viewers to acknowledge the people killed cause they're the bigger focus right now. I kind of feel like maybe some producer or executive or head of Fox News read Morgan Freeman's quote online and told all Fox News stations to focus on the victims more and sent them a list of their names and ages and such. Though it could also just be a sheer coincidence that mine did list the victims. Though Fox is a national news provider. Either way, it's nice that they acknowledged the victim's names on TV so people can remember at least one of them more than the shooter. They deserve the respect and so do their families and loved ones.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
This is sick and twisted. I have a sister in kindergarten, and the prospect of her going through this is devastating to even picture, let alone go through. What kind of person has the nerve to go and massacre CHILDREN, of all people? Not that killing is ever tolerable, but the fact that it was these small kids who had so much life left to live is disgusting, especially the week before Christmas.
The major problem with so many of these shootings is that nearly of the people who carry out with them have mental disorders, and they aren't on the medications that they should be. There is medicine for depression, so why not take it instead of hating the world and carrying out with something like this? There has to be some way to make sure that these people are taking their medication, even if it means that they have to go to weekly doctor's/psychologists appointments or something like that, idk. While gun control laws may slow down the process of getting a gun, the people who suffer from these illnesses are still going to get there hands on one, ultimately in most cases.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years

The major problem with so many of these shootings is that nearly of the people who carry out with them have mental disorders, and they aren't on the medications that they should be. There is medicine for depression, so why not take it instead of hating the world and carrying out with something like this? There has to be some way to make sure that these people are taking their medication, even if it means that they have to go to weekly doctor's/psychologists appointments or something like that, idk. While gun control laws may slow down the process of getting a gun, the people who suffer from these illnesses are still going to get there hands on one, ultimately in most cases.

Just wanted to point out that medication doesn't always work. I can't count the number of different medicines I have been on- but then again, I don't want to blow anyone's brains out, so I guess there's a difference.

There's a FB group of 600,000+ that are going to stop WB from getting anywhere near the memorials and such. I wouldn't be suprised if someone got shot anyway, though. In this day and age, once everyone gets angry peaceful protest tends to slide into violence.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Whats funny is that I'm see pro-gun people blabering on about how more guns will prevent gun crime.

The funny thing, is that his mother (the first victim, killed at home) was a gun owner. According to conservative gun-control logic, she had the power to stop this event from ever occurring.

She didn, and whats worse is that it was her guns which were used for this event.

Funny, isn't it? Conservative logic dictates that gun owners prevent gun crime. However, this events shows that all the gun owners do is die and give criminals the tools needed to commit crime.

Also, they found two more rifles and a shotgun at the scene.

Back