• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who is your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
tumblr_myvr6xU4W61qejdoao4_500.png

So in D/P/Pt as usual we have eight gym leaders that each specialize in a certain type. Some used the great and powerful electric-types while others preferred the chilly ice-types, out of all of them who was your favourite and why?

Do you have a particular reason why you like this certain gym leader? Would it be their design, the Pokemon they used, their specialty or did you find their personality great? Are there any other reasons on why you chose that particular gym leader? Feel free to share your thoughts~!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ROARK AND BYRON
HOT DAMN WHAT A FAM

lmao seriously though they cute af ;) I mean their personalities are more expanded upon in the anime but the game does convey Roark's cheerful and hardworking demeanor as well as Byron's enthusiasm and strength of personality. :3

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Personally Roark because he have father who is a steel-type leader while Roark follow his footstep and Volker cuz he was a cool sparkling guy he was down the dumps because it was a easy battle until Dawn/Lucas shown up to bring him excitement

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Candace and Volkner are my 2 favs ^_^
For Candace i love her type and her upbeat spirit is quite cool and shes really friendly! I also like how she looks in general her form of dress in the cold! Haha and i always seem to like the ice type gym leaders too she had a nice team as well though!

Volkner is for obvious reasons i love electric types and i loved his use of electrivire and Luxray plus his internal issues made him a better character! Hes also friends with flint of the e4 i mean thats pretty awesome and he resides in possibly my favorite city in sinnoh!

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
Has to be Byron! His Bastiodon is tank, plus he is much cooler than Roark and the other Sinnoh gym leaders.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Roark, why? Because he gives us the TM that redefined single battles for all eternity, Stealth Rock. He actually makes good use of his TM as well.

Volkner, even if I had to make fun of him by sweeping him with a rather underleveled Garchomp vs his entire team in Platinum with nothing but Dig. I personally like his attitude as the guy who needs some fire in his life by batting those who want to go to the Sinnoh League.

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2015
I think we all know that Master Crasher Wake is easily the best and the coolest.

My master has a great personality and I struggled everytime because my 8 year old self would always try to solo the game with Infernape. So I'd go catch a Roselia and just put his pokemon to sleep.

I'm pretty sure his dam* Gyrados was my biggest problem. But Gyrados is pretty cool.

I hope I pleased you Master Wake.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Volkner. He's cool, a powerful Pokemon trainer and resides in really chill area of Sinnoh. His Gym was pretty cool too I found and his team in Platinum was formidable, especially when teamed with Flint!

Years
Volkner, not only because he looks badass, but he lives in awesome place and has pretty difficult team in Platinum.

Years
Crasher Wake. He's big and buff, and has his own theme song. And he even makes appearances in later games like HGSS and B2W2. And his team in Platinum is relatively strong.

blue

gucci
Years
The Sinnoh Gym Leaders really are a unique bunch when comparing to other leagues.

My favourite is Byron. His Gym is fun to navigate through, he has a cool appearance, and I like the fact that he is the father of Roark who is also a Gym Leader.

Years
My fave is definitely Candice. She's pretty tough and while not many are happy with the pain of navigating her Gym, she's still quite a challenge (especially that hail strategy in Platinum) and she's super cute as well!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
ROARK AND BYRON
HOT DAMN WHAT A FAM
Omg yes *o*

My favourite was always Candice for these reasons (c/p from Skype because lazy!):

Spoiler:

But I also adore Byron, his team was so cool and he really made the Steel-type feel interesting. Bastiodon has always been my favourite fossil and I absolutely loved seeing his team in action, especially with Bronzor being another favourite of mine.

Years
Roark! He has an adorable design even if I wasn't a big fan of rock types. I loved his hair, outfit, and the glasses were just a super cute touch.. even now he remains one of the most memorable gym leaders to me. I suffered fighting him at first even with Piplup since his team was pretty solid for a first gym leader even against opponents that were super effective against him (so I found).

But Caaandice. <3 Absolutely adorable. Never started warming up to her until very recently.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
I don't really like any of them but, if i had to choose though, i'd pick Candice cause i like Snowpoint City!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I thought the Sinnoh Gym Leaders were, for the most part, forgettable.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason, Candice was the one that stuck out the most for me. So I'm going to go with Candice.

Back