• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoping I have made a good team.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
I posted here a few days ago and clearly had no idea what i was on about, i have had some practice and i think i have created a decent team...

rakiou @ leftovers
pressure
40hp, 252spa, 216spe
timid
- calm mind
- substitute
- thunderbolt
- hidden power (ice)

I don't know if this a good idea but i try to get a sweeper set A.S.A.P so i lead with rakiou and use calm mind, substitute then max out on calm minds before thunder bolting everything in site, hidden power ice is just to deal with dragons

tyranitar @ leftovers
sand stream
252hp, 100att, 80def, 76spd
sassy
- curse
- stealth rock
- superpower
- ice punch

If i dont use raikou as a lead i use this, curse to boost up attack and def throw down some rocks then try and sweep.

skarmory @ leftovers
sturdy
252hp, 252def, 4att
impish
- spikes
- roost
- brave bird
- whirlwind

physical wall, layers up spikes and if a counter appears whirlwind takes care of it

blissy @ leftovers
natural cure
255hp, 255spd
sassy
- toxic
- soft boiled
- natural cure
- flame thrower

special wall, up until a few moments ago i was using seismic toss instead of flame thrower was that the right choice?

Jolteon @ choice specs
volt absorb
255spa, 255spe
modest
- volt switch
- thunderbolt
- hidden power (ice)
- shadow ball

I know it looks painfully similar to raikou but this set works as a revenge killer especially the stab from volt switch, the other moves are useful but they just fill spots

scisor @ choice band
technician
252hp, 252att, 4 spe
adamant
- u turn
- super power
- pursuit
- bullet punch

By far my most useful pokemon, u turn is my favoured move as with jolteon but scisor also has a stab in bullet punch. pursuit is incredibly useful as a lot of pokes are scared off by scisor

I assume there is a lot of holes in this team but its my first proper competitive team so please don't tare me to pieces (=

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thundurus makes a better lead than Raikou would:
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Prankster

Basically, this Thundurus prevents leads from setting up Stealth Rock via Taunt and cripples those and other Pokemon with Thunder Wave.

Make Jolteon Timid; it could use the extra Speed.

Scizor dies to SR if it switches into it 8 times, assuming that it didn't take damage during those times. The EV spread should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe

I think you meant Aromatherapy on Blissey rather than Natural Cure. Bold would be better for it, since it helps soften the blows from physical attacks, and with this spread: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

This would make a better Tyranitar lead set:
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam/Superpower
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/180 SAtk/76 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
since i posted this thread i swapped tyranitar out for groudon, and raikou for gengar... i don't understand having special moves on tyranitar though does it not make more sense to make use of his massive attack stat

Back