• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NEW GAME Dilemma

How often do you start a new game?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The only time I pressed start a new game is when I buy a new game.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I usually have a few games I never ever restart, but I like to restart a few with a totaly new team.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I rarely start a new game. The only times I do is if I feel complete with the current save game I have and I don't care what I lose in the process.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I know it sounds weird, but I like restarting fairly often every now and then.

I'll beat the game with a basic team, and restart with a completely different team. I usually switch around the Natures/Abilities and the movesets a bit.. as well as the types I use.

When I get down to my last playthrough, I tend to find EVERYTHING, max levels on my pokemon, and attempt to finish the National Dex. Of course i'm not at that point yet, since I'm in the process of doing a challenge run. These things come and go, and it's always nice to know if you could've done your playthrough differently. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The only games I've restarted were my Crystal (which a mishap with the storage system on Stadium 2 made me lose all my valuable Pokemon anyways)...and I'm planning on restarting FireRed and Emerald after I transfer all my Pokemon over.

I just feel bad restarting, even after I've transfered all my Pokemon over to my newest game(s).
Look at all the achievements, the Trainer Card color, the day started, the time spent! Just those numbers alone are worth saving to me--and don't even get me started on that Spiky-Eared Pichu!!

Back