• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
I just had my Combusken evolve into Blaziken a few minutes ago, so I can't help you out unfortunately :( (As it isn't possible for me to reproduce it)

I played some more and noticed while my original Gardevoir evolved fine at 30, my second one didn't which was odd. It also happens very intermittently. After playing around with save states and leveling, I finally figured it out. If a Pokemon gets to a level at which it can evolve through EXP that was obtained by means of Pokemon capture, then it will not evolve (EXP Share included).

I am curious if you will be adding some GenVI mechanics like Lightningrod negates Electric damage and increases SpA +1, Sturdy leaves Pokemon with 1 HP if it were to be KOed in one hit, Knock Off gets a 50% boost if it knocks an item off, etc... In any case, I am really enjoying the game :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Mr.Draconian, can you tell me how to use the GS Ball? It's a key item!!

I believe that you're supposed to go to the Petalburg Woods and interact with the shrine (trianglular object from Birth Island) to activate the event to meet/catch Celebi.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I believe that you're supposed to go to the Petalburg Woods and interact with the shrine (trianglular object from Birth Island) to activate the event to meet/catch Celebi.

This is correct, once you have the GS Ball take it to Petalburg Woods. In the area behind the tree that needs Cut will be a shrine, interacting with it will trigger Celebi's appearance. IIRC the original (but abandoned) story arc for the GS Ball in the show was that Celebi was 'trapped' inside the unopenable ball, so this was meant to kind of mirror that.

Edit: I don't know if you know about this but when castform changes in the weather this happens.
0z2pEWs.png

I can probably shed a little light on this one, as best I can tell it's an (indirect) effect of the addition of Fairy type. Long story short, every Pokemon except Castform has a predetermined type combo; Castform's type is actually determined by an ASM routine that runs after each Pokemon's turn in battle (to check for weather changes). When Fairy was introduced it replaced the Normal type and Normal replaced the [???] type--meaning that the ASM kept changing Castform to Fairy rather than Normal in the absence of weather. In the process of fixing this, something interfered with the method that determines Castform's sprite--never did figure out why though.

tl;dr - Castform's ASM had to be changed with Fairy introduced, and that mucked with its sprite determination somehow.

Years
If a Pokemon gets to a level at which it can evolve through EXP that was obtained by means of Pokemon capture, then it will not evolve (EXP Share included).

I am curious if you will be adding some GenVI mechanics like Lightningrod negates Electric damage and increases SpA +1, Sturdy leaves Pokemon with 1 HP if it were to be KOed in one hit, Knock Off gets a 50% boost if it knocks an item off, etc... In any case, I am really enjoying the game :)
In that case, just level the Pokemon up "regularly" to evolve it. I haven't touched the battle script that handles the capture exp gain because I haven't gotten around to learning how it works.

Quite a few updates have already been added (see the a5.7 changelog on the OP), and the ones you mentioned are planned!

-------------------------------------

Progress update: For the next alpha, the move tables have been expanded to support 117 more slots for a total of 480 moves. Work is being done as carefully as possible to make sure no bugs are created. Further refinements have been made to the rematch teams I've mentioned before, and Gym Leader rematch Pokemon have had level boosts too. As usual, PM me if you want to test the latest build; so far, I haven't encountered any new problems with the new update :) Here's a sneak peek into the changed teams:
cQpj1Gf.png
izMlK7u.png

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
A quick question: Is there anyway to readd the Silk Scarf, for some reason it gets completely removed and replaced with the Pink Scarf with the Fairy addition update. Which sucks for any normal types that wants the Silk scarf :X

Years
A quick question: Is there anyway to readd the Silk Scarf, for some reason it gets completely removed and replaced with the Pink Scarf with the Fairy addition update. Which sucks for any normal types that wants the Silk scarf :X
Hmm... Not too sure. As Tlachtli said, the Normal Type slot is used by the Fairy type, so re-adding it wouldn't be as simple as slapping it onto a new item space. It might even require ASM work to bring it back, which I'm not familiar with at all.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
This is correct, once you have the GS Ball take it to Petalburg Woods. In the area behind the tree that needs Cut will be a shrine, interacting with it will trigger Celebi's appearance. IIRC the original (but abandoned) story arc for the GS Ball in the show was that Celebi was 'trapped' inside the unopenable ball, so this was meant to kind of mirror that.

I can probably shed a little light on this one, as best I can tell it's an (indirect) effect of the addition of Fairy type. Long story short, every Pokemon except Castform has a predetermined type combo; Castform's type is actually determined by an ASM routine that runs after each Pokemon's turn in battle (to check for weather changes). When Fairy was introduced it replaced the Normal type and Normal replaced the [???] type--meaning that the ASM kept changing Castform to Fairy rather than Normal in the absence of weather. In the process of fixing this, something interfered with the method that determines Castform's sprite--never did figure out why though.

tl;dr - Castform's ASM had to be changed with Fairy introduced, and that mucked with its sprite determination somehow.

Rather than fixing it, it'd be better to choose another slot for the fairy type.

2 possibilities : Expand the type following MrDollSteak's tutorial (by far the better solution) or replacing the ??? type with fairy, bringing back normal type to the index 0.
Trust me, this is by far better, a there are tons of places where the 0 types is checked, not only for castform, and no one wants to edit all of these part of routine.

If your concern is to make a type boosting item boosting the fairy type, it's really easy, no need to replace an existing item. You can either expand the boost-type table item or create your custom routine.

Hmm... Not too sure. As Tlachtli said, the Normal Type slot is used by the Fairy type, so re-adding it wouldn't be as simple as slapping it onto a new item space. It might even require ASM work to bring it back, which I'm not familiar with at all.

Well, I wrote one and posted it in the ASM resource thread. Though this is not even useful as you can simply expand the table boost item.

At 69770 there's the pointer to that table. The format of the table is : One byte for the item effect, one for the type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015

It was successfully implemented in the Japanese versions of GSC, just nowhere else... I liked that HGSS expanded it with a side story about Giovanni and Silver. In any case, I really like the extras like this that were added, so thanks!

In that case, just level the Pokemon up "regularly" to evolve it. I haven't touched the battle script that handles the capture exp gain because I haven't gotten around to learning how it works.

Quite a few updates have already been added (see the a5.7 changelog on the OP), and the ones you mentioned are planned!

I shall do just that; was just pointing it out just in case~ Oooh, new moves; awesome!

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
hmm...
I'm sorry for asking but what are your opinion about changing Base Stats? I'm mostly asking because Treecko's line got much better Sp.Atk than Atk, yet most of his useful moves are physical and... yeah, it's kinda meh.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
I think the game maker will keep the stats, so in this version Sceptile kits are not useful. However, in the next version, there will be a lot of new moves and this will make your Sceptile more powerful.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
hmm...
I'm sorry for asking but what are your opinion about changing Base Stats? I'm mostly asking because Treecko's line got much better Sp.Atk than Atk, yet most of his useful moves are physical and... yeah, it's kinda meh.

I think DraconianWings wants to stay true to the originals, unless it's a Pokemon who got its stat altered like Clefable in Gen VI games, he won't be changing them.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Rather than fixing it, it'd be better to choose another slot for the fairy type.

2 possibilities : Expand the type following MrDollSteak's tutorial (by far the better solution) or replacing the ??? type with fairy, bringing back normal type to the index 0.
Trust me, this is by far better, a there are tons of places where the 0 types is checked, not only for castform, and no one wants to edit all of these part of routine.

[...]

Well, I wrote one and posted it in the ASM resource thread. Though this is not even useful as you can simply expand the table boost item.

Putting Fairy into [???]'s slot would cause Eggs to appear Fairy-type (hence why Normal was put there instead--in newer Gens eggs are Normal anyways).

To be fair, neither of those resources existed when the project was mine so I did what I could. As far as I know I was among the first to even figure out how Castform worked in battle, so I had no expectations of it being a perfect fix and considered the result to be a low-priority bug.

I'll be interested to see if Draco comes up with a more robust solution to it though :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Putting Fairy into [???]'s slot would cause Eggs to appear Fairy-type (hence why Normal was put there instead--in newer Gens eggs are Normal anyways).

To be fair, neither of those resources existed when the project was mine so I did what I could. As far as I know I was among the first to even figure out how Castform worked in battle, so I had no expectations of it being a perfect fix and considered the result to be a low-priority bug.

I'll be interested to see if Draco comes up with a more robust solution to it though :P

I'm not criticizing, I give to Draco solutions. This isn't a contest either

I'm pretty sure change the type of eggs wouldn't be hard if he doesn't want to expand types.

Years
OP has been updated with the last update for Alpha 6.X! Again, you can check the changelog as well as the screenshots to see what has been added into the game :)

For Alpha 7, I'm hoping to be able to finally add some new moves, and overhaul the type tables (what Tlachtli and kleenex discussed above). There's a lot of learning for me to do, so it might take some time.

Years
Really enjoying the updates to this hack....
One thing though.....
The difficulty could do with some work...
Other then that is all good

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Extremely minor thing and not really a bug, but the encounters file lists Lombre on Route 114 while there are Nuzleafs, but not Lombres. (At least there weren't any in the 6.X pre 15-11-15)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Extremely minor thing and not really a bug, but the encounters file lists Lombre on Route 114 while there are Nuzleafs, but not Lombres. (At least there weren't any in the 6.X pre 15-11-15)

I think you may have been unlucky? Because I did come across a Lombre but more commonly was Lotad, doesn't take much to evolve a lotad instead ;p

Back