• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got this in the mail today, so happy to add this to my collection. Also received Palkia EX from Plasma Blast so now that set is complete.

Spoiler:

Years
Hey guys! Haven't been on here in seems like forever, but hope everyone had a nice Christmas / New Years.

I bought my daughter a Heartgold Soulsilver Booster Box for Xmas. Easily the best booster box I've ever bought. Luckily enough, we got all 6 Prime cards and all 4 halves of the Legends cards. But I won't lie, aside from those cards, I really dislike the card art on most of this set. But ah well, glad we have them now.

Also, I let her pick out a few booster packs in the past couple of weeks (I let her pick, because she always seems to pick the right ones). Out of those, we pulled Mega Gengar EX (Secret Rare), Mega Heracross EX, and Dialga EX (silver card). Excited to see everything you guys have pulled lately!

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Hey guys. So I picked up a Hoenn Treasure Chest today. I mainly got it because I wanted the chest itself, but man what a disappointing tin.

From the 5 packs my rares where:
  • Folatzel
  • Leavanny
  • Jellicent
  • Malamar
  • Blazikin (Holo)

and my reverse Holo's
  • Professors Letter (Uncommon)
  • Sealeo (Uncommon)
  • Gothitelle (Rare)
  • Spiritomb (Rare)
  • Litleo (Common)

Of course it also came with the Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip promo cards.

Does this tin have a habit of disappointing pulls? The only cards I'm really happy to have gotten where the reverse rares and holo Blazikin. Either way I'm hoping my luck changes next month when I get my booster box for Primal Clash.

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys. So I picked up a Hoenn Treasure Chest today. I mainly got it because I wanted the chest itself, but man what a disappointing tin.

From the 5 packs my rares where:
  • Folatzel
  • Leavanny
  • Jellicent
  • Malamar
  • Blazikin (Holo)

and my reverse Holo's
  • Professors Letter (Uncommon)
  • Sealeo (Uncommon)
  • Gothitelle (Rare)
  • Spiritomb (Rare)
  • Litleo (Common)

Of course it also came with the Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip promo cards.

Does this tin have a habit of disappointing pulls? The only cards I'm really happy to have gotten where the reverse rares and holo Blazikin. Either way I'm hoping my luck changes next month when I get my booster box for Primal Clash.

It doesn't necessarily have a habit of disappointing pulls moreso than the boosters within it are functionally at a level of complete random chance of what you pull from the packs.

Booster boxes, however, have a consistent pull rate within a given set.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Received this beautiful card in the mail, only 5 cards left to go for my Dragons Exalted set when everything comes in. Still need both Mews and all 3 Rayquazas.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I opened an XY 3 pack and got an extreme miscup Mega Blastoise Ex. Today I opened a Flashfire 3 pack and got a Charizard Ex.

I also opened one of those Mega Gengar Spirit Link packs from Gamestop and got a Hawlucha Ex and a M Charizard X Ex in the same pack.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Yesterday I opened an XY 3 pack and got an extreme miscup Mega Blastoise Ex. Today I opened a Flashfire 3 pack and got a Charizard Ex.

I also opened one of those Mega Gengar Spirit Link packs from Gamestop and got a Hawlucha Ex and a M Charizard X Ex in the same pack.

Unbelievable luck on the Gengar Spirit Link pack. That Blastiose is a strange one for sure! I just ordered a Plasma Freeze Booster Box.

Years
Grabbed the Gallade EX box yesterday.

Flashfire Pack: Luxray, Pal Pad
XY Pack: reverse holo Evosoda, Emolga EX, Max Revive
Phantom Forces Pack 1: Venomoth, Double Colorless Energy
Phantom Forces Pack 2: reverse holo Blissey, Yanmega, Manectric Spirit Link, Hand Scope

As well as the Gallade EX promo and Gallade EX promo jumbo.

Not terrible, not "best box ever!" material.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The first 3 I bought when they came out yielded no ex's. So much so I said I would not buy another one, but I changed my mind and bought the first one in the row.

Today I went to Dollar Tree and bought 17 of those 3 packs. I had previously bought 15 from a different Dollar Tree and pulled two reverse Hydreigon's but no ex's. I saw someone on Youtube get a Manectric Ex so figured I had a shot at one.

This time I didn't get any rare reverse's. (Though I did get two new reverses)

Instead, in the 8th pack I got this.

tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

Spoiler:

Funny enough I did the Icey&Sauce shake shake trick on that pack, I just randomly did it on a pack and apparently it has magical powers lol. I haven't seen anyone get a full art in these yet on Youtube. The card is in great condition, not damaged luckily as I saw someone get a damaged Manectric Ex from these on Youtube. And Xerosic is 1 of 2 full arts I need from the set, 1 of 6 ultra rares I haven't pulled yet, and overall 1 of 9 cards I haven't pulled yet. (Missing cards are Pyroar, Slurpuff, Hydreigon, Manectric Ex, Florges FA, Lysandre's Trump Card FA, and both secret rare ex's.)

Years
Got a Mega Diancie EX Box when I grabbed that Gallade EX box. Just opening it now:

XY Pack: Arbok
Flashfire Pack: Snorlax, Pokemon Center Lady
Furious Fists Pack 1: reverse holo Focus Sash, Hypno, Battle Reporter
Furious Fists Pack 2: Thundurus, Battle Reporter
Phantom Forces Pack 1: Talonflame
Phantom Forces Pack 2: Bronzong, Professor Sycamore

Could have been better.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
I bought 10 pre-release packs of Primal Clash off eBay tonight. Should arrive by tuesday/wednesday, so I'll share my pulls when they arrive.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Bought a lot of 5 cards today from Plasma Freeze. Even though my box hasn't arrived yet it felt too good to pass on. I got: Heatran EX FA, Thundudrus EX FA, Deoxys EX, Tornadus EX & an Umbreon Holo for £20.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 27, 2015
I recently purchased 3 base set boosters on eBay. 1 of each artwork. It's a bit of a ritual for me when I open boosters. Chemically clean surface, have the sleeves and top loaders at the ready, get the powder-less nylon gloves on lol. My face when I pulled an Alakazam and a Charizard!

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
So these arrived through my door this morning.

Spoiler:

Yep, 10 Primal Clash pre-release booster packs.

This is what I got.

Rares:
Spoiler:

Reverse Holos:
Spoiler:

Half Arts:
Spoiler:

Happy with the reverse Holo rares (Swampert and Septile), and the Kingdra Half art holo, so I guess it was decent, but it's frustrating as I've seen plenty of people opening these packs on Youtube and getting EX, Full art and even Secret rare while only opening two or three packs, I get ten and and only manage a holo Half Art.

Last edited:

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
I found a zapdos with foil looking thunderbolts all over the card in a LEGENDARY TREASURES pack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got my Plasma Freeze Booster Box in today, excellent pulls. I think the Poke-gods are repaying the fact I didn't get a full art in my Dragons Exalted box by giving me two in this box. Needed both of them, perfect! Only Tornadus EX (regular) is a double.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Boundaries Crossed booster box, my third one.
Spoiler:

I started on the left side and it only had 1 ex in the third to last pack. I was a getting a little worried, I guess it's good to be patient the Landorus Full Art was the 35th pack I opened in the box.

Also the box had 6 reverses of holo rares, which is a record for me, my previous boxes from Black and White had 2 or 3 maximum. Unfortunatley Vileplume Holo still edludes me as does Crystal Wall.
tumblr_niwihpXIrY1r12rm4o3_1280.jpg

Spoiler:

This box brings my total number of full arts pulled this month to 11.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back