• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hello. I'm new in room hacking and I have one question. How to reduce ROM size? It's mean final rom size is smaller than before. I think that remove sound and music can help, I'm right? and how do this?

Why would you need to reduce the ROM size?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2010
i kinda meant how do i get him to fall? can i use an indoor door tile? or does it have to be a hole tile? I think how it might work is if i make a new tile in tileset 1 using block editor that looks like the indoor door tile, but behaves like a hole. how do i use block editor to achieve these means? i can't seem to figure out how to add a tile graphic already existing in the rom. it just doesn't copy and paste for me...

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
It's better if you just cut one out, as having one more frame would require ASM hacking for sure. As for the dimensions, you can't use 17x32 or "weird" dimensions like that. Due to the way the images are loaded, you wouldn't be able to display them properly.

Ok, thanks Hackmew.

@Shroomish: I suggest looking at other fallin parts and see how they work.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I have a question about HM's in gmae

Is thier still the rule intact where you have to get a specific badge to be able to use an HM?

Yes, to my knowledge. To use them w/o badges, you would have to create an item that could perform whatever task the HM performs. It's not too hard. If you want a script I can send you one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i can't make warp points in emerald using advance map... i set everything correctly but when i go to said warp point, nothing happens. i also cant increase the size of the maps because when i go there, it takes me to a dark place with one single place where i can move that has grass. after using walk through walls cheat i discovered that the right side appears to have no limit and if i go twice up, it freezes. also, when i walk, the grass i was on/in disappears. when i make the warp point its to a new map i created. i set everything correctly (checked more than 5 times) but nothing happens

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hey, im having a problem with Overworld editor RE. I import my first sprite, and tick both boxes. then go to the next frame and import the picture with only "import image" ticked (because i do not need to tick the export pallette again). and the pallette is messed up! I reimport it to the same frame and this time tick "import pallette", and it looks fine. I go back to the first frame, and the pallette is messed up. help!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
that would be good, but how would I put that script into a item? Would I use a program?

Actually, you would need to use ASM... If you want the item to have the script on it...
OR, you could place the script on a tile, and have it check to see if a pokemon you have has the attack it teaches...

Last edited:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
ASM stands for Assembly.
It is a much more complicated programing language used for advanced GBA commands.
It is recommended you get yourself acquainted with ROM hacking before you even attempt ASM, as it is one of the most difficult methods out there.
(Well, it would be easier if SOME PEOPLE WOULD POST MORE TUTORIALS (You KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!))

I've been doing ROM Hacking for 4 months. I think I'm used to it.

EDIT: Some one said they needed help with warps? Well, the first thing is to check the "bank", "map", and "exit". If "bank" or "map" aren't correct, then the warp will mess up and things will act all creepy.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i tried that already, monkeyman2092. as i said (or not, maybe i forgot) the settings are perfect. i click "go to" and it takes me right where it's supposed to take me but if i go in the actual game, nothing happens

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
i tried that already, monkeyman2092. as i said (or not, maybe i forgot) the settings are perfect. i click "go to" and it takes me right where it's supposed to take me but if i go in the actual game, nothing happens

Hmm... you did put the warps on a door, right?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I've been doing ROM Hacking for 4 months. I think I'm used to it.

EDIT: Some one said they needed help with warps? Well, the first thing is to check the "bank", "map", and "exit". If "bank" or "map" aren't correct, then the warp will mess up and things will act all creepy.

If you THINK you are used to it, you aren't.
You have to be able to script over 5000 lines of script, and think that it is easy. Knowing the scripting language is not everything though. You also have to know your ROM... The RAM, the locations of things IN the ram...
Well, if you think you are ready to learn ASM, complete THIS Tutorial.
(The Tutorial is called [Tut] Having Fun with ASM.)
If you can finish that tutorial, then talk to me, and I'll help you learn some new commands not covered in the tut.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i put it in an elevator. first i tried a wall, then an elevator. its supposed to be a secret warp thing inside a mart

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
i put it in an elevator. first i tried a wall, then an elevator. its supposed to be a secret warp thing inside a mart

Okay. I think I figured out the problem.

Goto Block Editor and find the elevator door tile, and make sure that the behavior type of the tile is set to use door or warp.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey, really simple question here, I was wondering if there was a tool around that changes the order of the whole National pokedex?
Sebbe's poke order editor only edits the first 150 of pokeon firered + leafgreen...

YAPE doesn't have it, and neither does poke editor pro... any other tools I've missed?

If there is a different way, like hex editing? I'd be happy to learn :D

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Hey, really simple question here, I was wondering if there was a tool around that changes the order of the whole National pokedex?
Sebbe's poke order editor only edits the first 150 of pokeon firered + leafgreen...

YAPE doesn't have it, and neither does poke editor pro... any other tools I've missed?

If there is a different way, like hex editing? I'd be happy to learn :D

Type in 'whack a hack' in the Google Toolbar. Click on the first link. When you get to the site, goto Tool. Click on Tools GBA, then find a program called Pokedex Order Editor.

Note: The site is in spanish.

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
Say I want to be a total noob and edit an existing script instead of make my own. There is an offset in the script that contains things I do not want to change. Do I still need to change the offset into a Free Space Offset? Why or why not?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Say I want to be a total noob and edit an existing script instead of make my own. There is an offset in the script that contains things I do not want to change. Do I still need to change the offset into a Free Space Offset? Why or why not?

If you want to make a new script, you use a Free Space Offset.

If you want to edit a script, then don't change the Offset.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
If you want to make a new script, you use a Free Space Offset.

If you want to edit a script, then don't change the Offset.

Wrong
If you want to edit a script, you want to add a dynamic offset at the top, and replace the main offsets with @something (example @start)
Then from then on you are able to change the script freely, and when you re-compile, it will find a new offset for it to insert automatically.
(If you do it the way you said, you may overwrite the script, or overwrite stuff you don't want to overwrite...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back