• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Id est damnum innocentiae (OOC thread)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Id est damnum innocentiae OOC thread

"Loss of Innocence"​

Click for the main thread

Rated: PG 14

News:Day 1 is up now

History:
Spoiler:

Plot:
Spoiler:

Challenges that you may/will encounter:
Spoiler:

Good luck!

Summary: You have been chosen to fight for humanity's existence in a survival game set up by something called the Harbinger. You have one year to complete challenges that will enable you to fight the harbinger, and save humanity.

Setting:
Spoiler:

Notes:
Spoiler:

Name:

Personality: (2 paragraphs minimum)

Appearance: (2 paragraphs minimum)

History: (2 paragraphs minimum) Be sure to mention your character's level of experience or lack thereof, so as to legitimize their prowess as a pokemon trainer.

Pokemon: (up to 6 of course, additional info on your pokemon is optional)

Preferred starting location number: 1-10

Bag: Everyone should have a sleeping bag, tent, a knife a stove and pot, a flashlight/torch and essential toiletries (you won't need to include these in your bag list as they will be there anyway). In interest of fairness there will be 30 open slots for pokemon related supplies and 10 slots for your own bare essentials, like food or other survival related gear. I realize people won't need to RP their character having to use/bring toilet paper, but you just have to remember that you're bringing a finite amount of resources. Make sure to include things that will ensure your survival, if not then those consequences you may encounter when RPing - just think of what "Lord of the Flies" did to the boys).

RP sample: (Just write something that concerns the day before being transported to the realm, essentially it is your day of preparing for the transport; your character will believe the telepathic message to be true. You won't need to copy and paste a previous RP. It doesn't have to be that long, just something I can idea for how you write).

RP rules:
Spoiler:

Current Roleplayers:

1. baseballa34657
2. Nakuzami
3. Pokemongarnet
4. Deathtolight
5. Lynette
6. ComiTurtle
7. Cirrus
8. Lilliana
9. Eeveemaster9

SU copies will be posted here for easy reference.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Do you want SU's here or on the regular thread?

EDIT: reservation please?

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yup, your character can have any level experience you want (as the challenges may generally accomodate this or not... who knows ;) ) Just be sure to write a well suited history for your character's level of experience.

Well save for having maybe level 100 everything, and being the most uberest pokemon trainer ever, that might be a little unfun and might be considered a Mary-sue

Or if that were to happen, maybe the person's level 100 pokemon would just encounter level 200 pokemon hahahahaha *cruel*

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Done :)

I realise people are busy and such, even I am myself at times, so I'm giving in what I think/hope is a good leeway in time. So yup you have 48 hours for the reservation. :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Here's the beginning of my SU.
I'm guessing our pokemon only get one of their abilities.
For the Bag, do multiple pokeballs and things like that take multiple spots or just one, like in the games and such?
Also, how would the Pick Up ability work? Would the pokemon just find things like food in this other world or would they sometimes find items?

Most of this is just a copy and paste job from Realm of Darkness XD

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hmmm good question, perhaps out of realism, simplicity, fairness, and my diabolical sense to make things difficult, you won't need natures or abilities. I did say additional info is allowed, so things like personality is fine. In fact, it would make things interesting in that way. Like if a pokemon was backed into a corner it might use an ability like blaze. Or even being in the right area, like if a fire pokemon was in the volcanic region, it might have slightly better fire moves. But I do like freedom so I'll leave it up to you on how you'd like to RP your pokemon and such. Sorry about the confusion otherwise.

When making a post, there is the option on the far right that looks a little blue. It'll say spoiler when you put your mouse over it, or you can just use it manually and type out
Spoiler:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Certainly, I don't mind shines either (though having several shines would be a bit strange seeing as they are kind of rare), though if everyone ended up having an eevee, then I might have to change things up, and so far that isn't a problem.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Name: Nicolas Hydrogza
Personality: Nick, one of the cockiest kids on earth. He's used to winning all of his battles that he forgot how it was to lose. His dad is a gym leader and pushes him to become the best trainer in the world. His mom on the other hand, just likes to play with pokémon.
He takes a lot of pride in his water pokémon, he had all of them since he was 5. His most prized possession is his Feraligatr, "Chompy". Chompy has a reputation of being one of the toughest water pokémon in the world.

Appearance: Nick has messy, medium cut hair. He wears a totodile cap over his head, backwards... He wears a Blue sweatshirt with black wave details over the middle. He also has a leather belt carrying his pokéballs.
He also wears blue plaid sweatpants with blue Addidas Supernatural commanders. Of course, like any other trainer, fingerless gloves (Blue).

History: Nick is a trainer Ace. He learns pokémon tactics from his dad, no trainer academy. He got Chompy as a totodile at the age of 5, finding an injured totodile and bringing him into his home and helped him heal. His other pokémon were found in the wild, at around the same time frame.
Nick adores water types. As does his mom and dad. Nick is a loving trainer and a tough working one also. He is expecting to take over his dad's gym soon. He wants to test his skills against this so-called harbringer and show that he's the best water-type trainer in the world.

Pokémon:
Chompy the Feraligatr

Blasty the Blastoise

Wally the Walrein

Tubby the Wailord

Ludo the Ludicolo

Clamp the Cloyster

All male

Bag:
Swiss knife, pokédex, phone, Tomahawk, luxury tent, foldable oven (lol idk), frying pan, smoke bombs, water canister, and 6 pokéballs. Food purifier, water purifier, 6 XL tents (12 spaces), 6 more water canisters, 2 volleyballs, a shovel, a pickaxe, prox. Mines (5 spaces)

Sample:
There he was, all alone. Rob just started muttering something to himself... As though he was whispering to a fly. He finally found out why his mom was gone and why his dad left. He understands why no one ever wanted him. He understands why he's all alone.

Ya w/e first example I found. That's just a small fraction of the whole post.

Last edited:

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
SU so far

Name: Xavier Harrah

Personality: Xavier is the reserved type, not usually interacting with other people and keeping quiet. Due to trauma. Due to not much interaction he has become very observant of environments, pokemon, people, etc. His father being a scientist and his observance has caused him to become an excellent trainer and strategist.He loves his mother very much and will usually try to help around the house, when father is away. The only real companions he has ever made has been pokemon, so this is the only time when he might actually talk and smile. This has caused him to have zero tolerance for pokemon abusers. One incident did put a number on him because of this hatred.

He absolutely hates people who are loud and most things that are loud. They give him a headache.Although his father has only recently began teaching him survival skills as he was going to go on his journey soon. And his companionship of pokemon has caused him to believe pokemon poaching as wrong. He is not a vegetarian. He can't really talk to people, unless that person is family. Although he view his father more as a scientist instead as a father. This is because all conversations between him and his father were about Pokemon and science. Whenever Xavier would ask him about something personal his father would avoid it and lead to yet another science discussion. And that most of his knowledge came from his father.

Appearance: Xavier stands roughly 5'11 matching the muscle for the size. He sports a minor six pack. He has deep brown hair and eyes. His mother likes to compare the color to that of her Ursaring. His hair is shaggy and falls just over his eyes. His eyes are very sharp, but calm as well if you can catch a glimpse of them. He has a small scar on his left shoulder. It has healed mostly, but if you look closely you can see it.
And his legs have more muscle than his arms.

The normal attire for Xavier is a black T-shirt with the symbol of Omega on his right shoulder. He wears a pair of dark grey pants to match the shirt. As far as winter wear goes he wears a zipper Heavy coat which is silver with a pokeball symbol on the chest. He wears white winter pants with self insulation and is a tad big on him. And again sports a pair of black gloves with wrist cuffs to keep snow out. And has a pair of insulated boots which have small spikes on the end to climb and hike if the chance comes.

History: As a child 1-5 Xavier mainly grew up like any other kid. Although was shy, but he would always try to at least approach someone and hopefully try to be friends. But one event completely changed his outlook on humanity. Xavier was walking home that night from the local playground not too far from his house. A man was hitting his chikorita. Xavier of course wouldn't stand for it. Being naive as he was at that age he immediatelly yelled to quit it. The man immediately got up and slashed xavier on the shoulder leaving him in the pain. From that day on Xavier deemed that humans can be evil and decided to try and stay away from humanity leading to him to be quiet and to love pokemon further. He then aquired skills that he has today.

During the ages of 6-16 he then put more and more time into studying and learning from his mom how to battle as she was a trainer in her childhood beating 4 of the elite four of Kanto. Xavier constantly went on trips to Mt. Silver to his father's research facility. This is where most of the knowledge concerning pokemon came from.He has become a excellent trainer because of practicing with his mother's pokemon. She thinks he is going to be an excellent trainer as he has almost beat her in a battle.(This was done in their basement to keep it secret.That is the last 6 months.) He has a team of pokemon now, he has had them for about a year now and has participated in numerous tournaments with them and has won 75% of them. He was going to participate in the pokemon league and start the journey the day of the supposed Armageddon.

Pokemon:
Charmeleon "Omega:
Level:54
Personality: Omega tends to be loud and on walks tends to hum. Being the first of all Xavier's pokemon he is gonna be the favorite no matter what.Although he is loud and annoys Xavier sometimes he enjoys Omega alot. Omega HATES losing and can be very strong towards the end of a battle. Omega is never inside his pokeball, he is always walking beside Xavier.

Lairon "Guardian"
Level:52
Personality: Guardian is somewhat of the protective type and always defends the team no matter what circumstance. Hence the name. He also likes to bask in the sun. To this day Xavier has no idea why. One theory is stronger armor.

Abra "Kinetic"
Level:47
Personality: Abra is somewhat lazy in an offday alot of the times is caught napping. Although his psychic abilities are very well developed ad with the speed they make a very well team. And he usually minds his own business.

Elecktrike "Storm"
Level:47
Personality: He tries to be the leader of the group although each time he fails miserably. He has a very large ego and if in the wild would probably get himself killed with his ego. He uses a wide variety of physical and ranged attacks.

Grimer "Nuclear"
Level:46
Personality: He is the 'class clown' often doing some sort of joke. This usually lead with fights with the other pokemon. He is a very useful battler often doing a nice physical pounding.

Spheal "Glacier:
Level: 1 I guess.
Personality: The baby of the group only hatching just recently, he won't be able to fight for at least a week. Guardian is usually put in charge of Glacier if Xavier has to do something. Likes to sit on Xavier's head.

Pokemon Side Note: Xavier always let's Omega walk with him then everybody else gets turns to walk with him. So it's always Xavier,Omega,and _____.

Preferred starting location number: 4

Bag: Pokemon Stuff: 6 pokeballs, Modidex, Pokemon Food Jar (10) Fishing Rod, 2 Reusable Pokemon XL Trappers (4 spaces) 7 Pokemon Status Removers, General Stuff: 3 L Tents (3 spaces), Flare Gun Loaded 2 shots (1 space),Frying Pan, 1 Pokemon Training Weight,Pokemon Medicine Recipe Book,Bow,Backpack,Arrow Container with 15 Arrows

RP sample: '____' = Thoughts

'I can't believe tomorrow is the day.' Xavier had been looking upon this day for months. The day he gets to go on his very first Pokemon journey. 'After a year of all tournaments we finally get to do the real thing!' He was lying in his bed for Omega,his Charmeleon had fallen asleep. 'I just can't...' Xavier started to hear a low voice. The feeling of immense shock rushed through the Trainers body. Was he dreaming? Was he Psycho? The voice began to slowly and soundly rise in volume.

You have been selected to represent humanity. You have one day to prepare all that you wish to bring.
For the next year, you will prove yourself... Failure to do so, will result in the extinction of the human race, and all those you love.
Be warned, this journey will not be easy ,and if you are to persevere with the challenges ahead, you will be cause to my appearance, do well and humanity survives.
I as the Harbinger, will be watching.
Be prepared at this time tomorrow...

'This can not be right it was only a myth.' Oh but the feeling in his gut made him think otherwise. Xavier finally decided to believe the message. He absolutely was not pyscho! Slowly but surely he gathered the essentials of what would be needed. Before he could get back to his bed however a bright light enshrouded him. And not before long it engulfed him.

End Of Day 0

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh, I think I forgot to answer the other question. Yeah 1 pokeball will count as one space in itself, so if you have two pokeballs, that will be two spaces, and so on.

And I know you guys are still writing, so no worries. ;)

GaXel, there won't be electricity (maybe aside from the powerplant if you get that working somehow) so the portable DVD player might become useless ;) (you are free to bring it though)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Lol, I was trying to think of stuff, so I'm gonna have to get rid of some stuff, leme edit one sec please

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Perhaps it'll be best and easier just to stick with stuff that exist in the real world and pokemon world. I do realise there are probably countless technologies not fully described in the pokemon world but you'll need to be surviving. ;)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Yeah, are feeding pills ok? We do have them in real life xD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
In the military? I can't remember off hand. I suppose as long as your character buys them at the right place then. :P haha

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Nah, let's keep this original. I'm gonna cook me up some miltank

Back