• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☄ Shocking Stars ☄ - The Electric Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Shocking Stars
"Electric types: now you don't need skill." - Starsprite

120922041820301469.png

Pokémon of the week: Luxray!

Welcome to Shocking Stars, the number one Electric Pokemon fan club! Electric type Pokemon are a shockingly diverse and powerful branch of Pokemon with access to astoundingly powerful moves as well as some incredibly unique Pokemon and strategies. Whether you find them cute, you like their battle styles or if you're just a fan of Electric types, this is the right place for you! Come right in and discuss all your favourite things about Electric Pokemon and anything related to them; we don't bite or shock!

Rules!
Please follow these simple rules to make the club more fun for everyone! c:

1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one partner Pokemon from the list upon joining as a little trophy to show off your interests.
5. Enjoy!

Join Up!
Just post your sign-up in the thread! c:

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Dennie the Stunfisk <3

Join in the current discussion or start a new discussion!
My favourite Electric Pokemon is Ampharos for many reasons! It's incredibly strong, very cute, incredibly playful, and just generally a wonderful Pokemon! <3 I loved it in the anime, in the games and everywhere that I've seen it, and since Gen II it's been one of my all-time favourite Pokemon for these reasons. Plus it has an extremely diverse move pool and stats. :D I'm also a huge fan of Stunfisk though due to it's incredibly unique typing, great stats and brilliant move pool, and I'm certain that if it had been around before Gen V it'd be right up there with Ampharos too!

Electric Pokemon!
All of our darling Electric type Pokemon! <3

025.png
026.png
081.png
082.png
100.png
101.png
125.png
135.png
145.png
170.png
171.png
172.png
179.png
180.png
181.png
239.png
243.png
309.png
310.png
311.png
312.png
403.png
404.png
405.png
417.png
462.png
466.png
479.png
479-cut.png
479-spin.png
479-frost.png
479-heat.png
479-wash.png
522.png
523.png
587.png
595.png
596.png
602.png
603.png
604.png
618.png
642.png
642-therian.png
644.png

Electric Fans!
Our shockingly awesome members! <3

AlexOzzyCake
618.png

Hikari10
587.png

Sector Revenge
644.png

Leaf Storm
135.png

Zephele
403.png

Avishka
135.png

TheAC29
405.png

Buttered Coat
145.png

Jerichob10
595.png

GameAce 92
026.png

Otherworld9)
462.png

Starsprite
180.png

KyokuseiXRyusei
618.png

KoboraX
604.png

Oshawott01
417.png

Clucknadus
642-therian.png

Okjoek
466.png

MirandaxPikachu
025.png

NixChill
479.png

Olli97
145.png

The Last One
181.png

Rainbow Arcanine
135.png

Mentalii
312.png

Cirno
587.png

Publicity!
The store room for all our userbars & banners.

None yet!

Last edited:
Years
Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Ellie the Emolga

Now, to answer the topic...

I love Electric-type Pokemon cos many of them have awesome designs. Some are very cute and others are very badass. Not to mention that some Electric moves like Thunderbolt can be learned by a wide variety of Pokemon, including several Psychic and Normal-types. My fave Electrics include - Emolga, cos it's so cute. Pachirisu, also cute. Manectric, love its design, cry and was a star on my Ruby team. Ampharos, cute and very useful. Magnemite line, for its large pool of resistances. And of course Pikachu, for being the mascot.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Amazing Looking Thread

Name
: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Zector the Zekrom

Answer a topic or join in a discussion!
Electric Pokemon are just plain wonderful. They varies in strength, speed, cuteness, and meanness! Pikachu itself made Electric type what it is today, due to being face of Pokemon! My favorite would have to go on either Zapdos vs Zekrom. I really don't have a favorite to be honest, but I guess Electric Legendary Pokemon are quite awesome. Their look are fierce and that's what I like about them pretty much.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Name: Meganium90
Partner Pokemon: Jolteon

I am a fond fan of electric type pokemon. Raichu is.my first fave but i chose Jolteon for a reason and that's for being awesome. :3 There's a lot of electric pokemon that i like, including Lanturn.

Hooray for attempting to join a club by phone!

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Name: Zephele
Partner Pokemon: Flit the Shinx

Regarding the topic...
I was going to say that what I really like about Electric-types are their high speed, but two of my favourite evolution lines (Mareep and Shinx) are actually quite slow, haha! But really, I just really enjoy having an Electric-type on hand, especially as of my latest playthroughs, to pierce through any stubborn bulky Waters in the way and look cool while doing it. My favourite Electric, and arguably also my favourite Pokemon entirely, would be Ampharos. The first one I trained saved me multiple times throughout the game, by being bulky enough to take a lot of hits, but also potent enough to dish them right back out.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka

I chose Jolteon for my electric type and I love it. It's quick and has a very high special attack status. i like many other electric type pokemon but now a days i like jolten

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Ellie the Emolga

Now, to answer the topic...

I love Electric-type Pokemon cos many of them have awesome designs. Some are very cute and others are very badass. Not to mention that some Electric moves like Thunderbolt can be learned by a wide variety of Pokemon, including several Psychic and Normal-types. My fave Electrics include - Emolga, cos it's so cute. Pachirisu, also cute. Manectric, love its design, cry and was a star on my Ruby team. Ampharos, cute and very useful. Magnemite line, for its large pool of resistances. And of course Pikachu, for being the mascot.
Hihi, welcome to the club! Great to have you on board :D So you love all these Electric types (and quite rightly so!), but which would you say is your favourite? c: And I agree about their badass moves; it really makes the type special imo <3

Amazing Looking Thread

Name
: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Zector the Zekrom

Electric Pokemon are just plain wonderful. They varies in strength, speed, cuteness, and meanness! Pikachu itself made Electric type what it is today, due to being face of Pokemon! My favorite would have to go on either Zapdos vs Zekrom. I really don't have a favorite to be honest, but I guess Electric Legendary Pokemon are quite awesome. Their look are fierce and that's what I like about them pretty much.
Hi Sector, welcome! :D What made you choose Zekrom as your partner Pokemon? :o I agree that Pikachu certainly is a very influential Electric type, but it's just a big shame that all Electric types are kinda known as being in the same class as Pikachu, whereas the Pikachu family really isn't that strong or good in battle D:

Name: Meganium90

I am a fond fan of electric type pokemon. Raichu is.my first fave but i chose Jolteon for a reason and that's for being awesome. :3 There's a lot of electric pokemon that i like, including Lanturn.

Hooray for attempting to join a club by phone!
Yay for phones! Welcome to the club, I never knew you were an Electric type lover :o What made you choose Jolteon for it's awesomeness? What makes it so awesome? x] Lanturn certainly is a wonderful Electric type Pokemon indeed; it's very unique typing and therefore diverse move pool makes it a perfect addition to almost any team! Shame about the not-so-great stats :(

Name: Zephele
Partner Pokemon: Flit the Shinx

Regarding the topic...
I was going to say that what I really like about Electric-types are their high speed, but two of my favourite evolution lines (Mareep and Shinx) are actually quite slow, haha! But really, I just really enjoy having an Electric-type on hand, especially as of my latest playthroughs, to pierce through any stubborn bulky Waters in the way and look cool while doing it. My favourite Electric, and arguably also my favourite Pokemon entirely, would be Ampharos. The first one I trained saved me multiple times throughout the game, by being bulky enough to take a lot of hits, but also potent enough to dish them right back out.
Hihi, welcome to the club! Ahh finally a Shinx fan; welcome! :D I adore Shinx myself <3 Although I never knew how slow the Shinx family were; that's actually pretty surprising :o And it seems we have the same favourite Electric type Pokemon too! And the point about them looking cool whilst taking down those pesky bulky opponents is a great one; I can't think of a single Electric Pokemon that looks bad! So if you like Ampharos so much, what made you choose Shinx as your partner? :3

Name: Avishka

I chose Jolteon for my electric type and I love it. It's quick and has a very high special attack status. i like many other electric type pokemon but now a days i like jolten
Hi Avishka, welcome to the club! So what other Electric types do you love other than Jolteon? c: Personally I'm not a huge fan of Jolteon, I find it really disappointing :( Although it looks utterly amazing so that's a big bonus! What kind of strategies do you tend to use for it? :3

So do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice? :3 I'd quite like to see Shinx as a mascot tbh, it's incredibly cute and playful and becomes incredibly powerful!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice?

I'm just so used to Pikachu being the main mascot of the games lol. It'd be a bit weird to see other Electric-Type Pokemon like...Jolteon, Raichu, or Pichu becoming the mascot. So, I think Pikachu should stay as is. Who loves that little mouse? :3

OzCake said:
Yay for phones! Welcome to the club, I never knew you were an Electric type lover :o What made you choose Jolteon for it's awesomeness? What makes it so awesome? x] Lanturn certainly is a wonderful Electric type Pokemon indeed; it's very unique typing and therefore diverse move pool makes it a perfect addition to almost any team! Shame about the not-so-great stats :(

Jolteon is very fast, due to its high speed. It can learn Pin Missle via TM, and the shiny color....omg. <3 When I play the games, I can always rely on Jolteon's speed stat during battle. That's how its awesome. :3

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Name: TheAC29
Partner Pokemon: Luxray
I like Electric-Type, the designs of each electric pokemon makes my mind shocking and their stats are balanced.

Last edited:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013

Hihi, welcome to the club! Ahh finally a Shinx fan; welcome! :D I adore Shinx myself <3 Although I never knew how slow the Shinx family were; that's actually pretty surprising :o And it seems we have the same favourite Electric type Pokemon too! And the point about them looking cool whilst taking down those pesky bulky opponents is a great one; I can't think of a single Electric Pokemon that looks bad! So if you like Ampharos so much, what made you choose Shinx as your partner? :3

I knew I was forgetting to add something! note to self: don't write club intro posts half-asleep

Essentially, Shinx was what triggered my curiosity to use Electric-types, which was then followed by my subsequent adoration for them. I guess you can say I was late into the party regarding Ampharos in that I only used one for the first time in HeartGold. I also didn't really have any preference to use Electrics for a long time - that is, until I played Pearl on a whim and saw a Shinx in Route 202. It was instant love from there - I just found it too cute to not use! It also ended up being a great asset to my team... despite me kind of not realizing for half the game that I should have been teaching it Physical moves instead of Special, haha.

Since then, when I started replaying older games, I always found myself wanting to try out other Electrics. From Magneton to Galvantula, I've found the handful I've tried to be a pleasure to use.

It's also because of a strange aesthetic desire I have to use different Pokemon families in different clubs for whatever reason, and I've already picked Mareep elsewhere :P

So do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice? :3 I'd quite like to see Shinx as a mascot tbh, it's incredibly cute and playful and becomes incredibly powerful!
Pikachu's become so iconic that it's almost impossible for me to imagine something else as the mascot. I guess that fact makes it super very effective, haha! But I think there's a couple of other Electrics which could take its place, purely based on how they look. As you mentioned, Shinx would work well, and I suppose most of the other Electric rodents as well. Essentially, everything that's small, cute, and fluffy, haha.

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
Years
Name: Buttered Coat
Partner Pokemon: Zapdos :DDD

Do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice? Well frankly I'd say Zapdos for obvious reasons XD A legendary would be a good electric mascot, but also Pikachu is the first electric pokemon in the pokedex so it does make sense for it to be a mascot. If I were just going with pokemon I like, though, I'd just say Zapdos because it is a powerful electric Pokemon and legendaries make pretty cool mascots. However, almost all pokemon have reasons to be the mascot for their type so I think any pokemon could be one :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: TheAC29
Partner Pokemon: Luxray
I like Electric-Type, the designs of each electric pokemon makes my mind shocking and their stats are balanced.
Hi there, welcome to the club! Great to see more Electric fans joining :) I find your comment pretty interesting though; are their stats balanced? I think Electric types tend to have huge Speed and Special Attack with relatively low Defenses/Attack? I might be wrong though! Also why'd you choose Luxray as your partner? c:

I played Pearl on a whim and saw a Shinx in Route 202. It was instant love from there - I just found it too cute to not use! It also ended up being a great asset to my team... despite me kind of not realizing for half the game that I should have been teaching it Physical moves instead of Special, haha.
Mm, I know how you feel, Shinx certainly is an utterly cute Pokemon! It's impossible not to love it at first sight <3 And I found it very interesting that there was an Electric type that early on in the game so I made sure to use one just like you x] And I love Shinx/Luxio/Luxray's physical style; it's a great tangent to the classic special attacking Electric types that we're so used to seeing! Unfortunately there weren't that many good physical Electric type moves to teach it :(

Since then, when I started replaying older games, I always found myself wanting to try out other Electrics. From Magneton to Galvantula, I've found the handful I've tried to be a pleasure to use.
Which ones were your favourites? :D And how was Galvantula? It's one I've always wanted to try out using but never got round to it :o It's typing it very interesting indeed!

Name: Buttered Coat
Partner Pokemon: Zapdos :DDD

Do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice? Well frankly I'd say Zapdos for obvious reasons XD A legendary would be a good electric mascot, but also Pikachu is the first electric pokemon in the pokedex so it does make sense for it to be a mascot. If I were just going with pokemon I like, though, I'd just say Zapdos because it is a powerful electric Pokemon and legendaries make pretty cool mascots. However, almost all pokemon have reasons to be the mascot for their type so I think any pokemon could be one :3
Hi Mrs Snuggles; welcome to the club! c: So I know the reasons are pretty obvious, but what made you choose Zapdos as your partner over your other favourites like Emolga and Jolteon? :D I must say I agree with you about Zapdos being a great candidate as the Electric type mascot for the series! It's so powerful and rare and it's a huge celebrity amongst the Electric types! I was thinking something like Electabuzz though; this Pokemon is powerful and looks incredibly unique making it a great spokesperson for the rest of the Electric Pokemon with similar qualities; plus it evolves into something seriously cool!

TheAC29

Years

Hi there, welcome to the club! Great to see more Electric fans joining :) I find your comment pretty interesting though; are their stats balanced? I think Electric types tend to have huge Speed and Special Attack with relatively low Defenses/Attack? I might be wrong though! Also why'd you choose Luxray as your partner? c:

Well, Luxray's stats are a bit balanced and its Attack is a little higher and the design makes Luxray looks so vicious and more confident to fight its foe. That's why chose Luxray as my partner. :)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hi I would like to join!! :D

Username: Jerichob10 (call me jericho)
Partner pokemon: Joltic

Do you guys think Pikachu works as the Electric type mascot or do you think another Electric Pokemon would've been a better choice?

Well in my opinion i think that most people fall for the cute pokemon like pikachu or joltic :P and pikachu is a pokemon icon its not just something to be thrown away so i believe that pikachu would be a great pokemon to have as the mascot

Buttered Coat

I AM BUT A COAT.
Years
So I know the reasons are pretty obvious, but what made you choose Zapdos as your partner over your other favourites like Emolga and Jolteon?
Well, like you said, The reasons are pretty obvious XD
Also like you said, Zapdos is a very powerful and rare pokemon, and I just think a legendary makes a good mascot :3

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Mm, I know how you feel, Shinx certainly is an utterly cute Pokemon! It's impossible not to love it at first sight <3 And I found it very interesting that there was an Electric type that early on in the game so I made sure to use one just like you x] And I love Shinx/Luxio/Luxray's physical style; it's a great tangent to the classic special attacking Electric types that we're so used to seeing! Unfortunately there weren't that many good physical Electric type moves to teach it :(
It really was a shock (pun not intended) to see that it was more physically inclined, but yes, it did make for a very interesting experience. I guess it also made for a good way to showcase Gen IV's physical and special split. Though its Special Attack stat is respectable, only having Thunder Fang as the best Physical STAB did hurt it quite a bit in its introduction. I was very happy to see it gain access to Wild Charge in Gen V, and having Superpower as a tutor move after Platinum was great for coverage.

If you don't mind me asking, would your opinion on the Shinx family change if Luxray were given a Dark secondary type? This is something I frequently see people discussing, and I was curious as to what another Shinx/Luxio/Luxray fan would think :)

I think that appearance-wise, Luxray fits the type in how menacing it looks (particularly its eyes) and Crunch STAB would be an intriguing addition to its arsenal, but I don't know if it'd be worth adding another common weakness (Fighting), particularly when it's fairly slow for an offensive Pokemon. The added resistances may be intriguing for in-game use, though.

Which ones were your favourites? :D And how was Galvantula? It's one I've always wanted to try out using but never got round to it :o It's typing it very interesting indeed!
Galvantula was one of the Pokemon I was looking forward to using in B&W, and it certainly didn't disappoint. It's essentially another 'typical Electric,' capable of hitting relatively hard and fast on the Special side. It's very frail, but its Speed more than made up for it, and the combination of Thunder and Compoundeyes to increase its accuracy from 70% to a more managable 91% is pretty awesome. Also, STAB Bug + Electric moves actually have pretty decent coverage, haha.

The one that surprised me the most, however, was Electrode. I'm using one in a challenge in Sapphire, and I wasn't really expecting much from it just from looking at its Bulbapedia page - it's blisteringly fast, yes, but the rest of its stats were mediocre at best, and it didn't really have access to any decent offensive, non-Electric moves. However, ever since I've picked one up, it's been doing relatively well on my team. Because of its speed, it works well as a support member, with mine having Light Screen and Screech, allowing it to set up on or cripple anything it can't hit with Thunderbolt.

To sum it up, my favourite was certainly Galvantula, but really, they were all pretty interesting to use. If anything, the only one I've found 'disappointing' in any way was Electrike/Manectric, but that's only because I used one in Gen III, where the only way to get Crunch for coverage was to breed it in (which I was too lazy to do at the time, haha). It did well in my team, but it didn't have any support options outside of Thunder Wave, which isn't as effective as what Electrode has going since whatever Manectric can't hit with Thunderbolt, it can't hit with Thunder Wave :P

Well, Luxray's stats are a bit balanced and its Attack is a little higher and the design makes Luxray looks so vicious and more confident to fight its foe. That's why chose Luxray as my partner. :)

I disagree with what I underlined! Look at how cute it is--
Spoiler:
erm. Or maybe not.

Last edited:

TheAC29

Years
I disagree with what I underlined! Look at how cute it is--
Spoiler:
erm. Or maybe not.
xD LOL that's why:
Spoiler:

"Very loyal and faithful"
Spoiler:

GameAce 92

Raichu Fan
Years
join!

Name: GameAce 92
Partner Pkmn: Raiza the Raichu
Reason:

Well, ever since I found out who Lt. Surge was, I always wanted to be him as a kid. Electric-type Pokemon have always stood out to me..not sure why. Somewhere between their lightning fast speed (heh.."lightning" fast) and devastating attacks, I fell in love. Raichu was just the icing on the cake. Beautiful colors, a cute face, that bad*** tail, and awesome stats. I always teach my Raichu Rain Dance for 100% effectiveness. >]

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Hey, guys... My favorite electric-type Pokemon of all of them is Emolga... It's SO cute. Emolga's also a strong eletrical-type Pokemon with this cool move called Volt Switch that I always seem to use in battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the new members, great to have you here! :) And Pokeace, why not sign up to the club so you can participate fully? :D

I'm super sorry about a lack of updates/posts but I was kinda silly and made this club just before all my huge exams so been super busy with those. xD So yeah, I'll be back and stuff again in a week when they're all finished so until then make sure you're all discussing your favourite Electric-type features and such! :D Here's something that should be discussed in any decent Electric club, so let's go for it!

What do you think is the strongest Electric type Pokemon and why? For extra fun, don't include legendaries! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back