• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen It's All Water Under A Bridge

Favorite Unovian Bridge?

• Total voters
Years
So what is your favorite bridge in Unova, and why? Is it the music, the dynamic, the view? Do you love the look of it, or it's functionality?

But don't stop there! What's your opinion on the bridges of Unova. They play a central part to the game, the storyline, and the region. Do you love them, do you hate them...

Discuss!

Years
I thought it was neat how there were so many bridges in the game, which really contributed to the improved graphics. I particularly liked the Village Bridge, which was the one with the houses (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I think the Skyarrow Bridge has to be my favorite. The first time you go on it is so awesome! The way the wind blows and the camera zooms really adds to the effect, plus the music is really good too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
I think the Skyarrow Bridge has to be my favorite. The first time you go on it is so awesome! The way the wind blows and the camera zooms really adds to the effect, plus the music is really good too.

Really? I feel the music kinda steals the whole atmosphere from the bridge.

The Driftveil Drawbridge is my personal favorite. It feels like it separates another part of the region, and that feeling is pretty cool. It even has its own cutscene!

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Skyarrow bridge since it helps me hatch eggs like my klink, now a klinklang and my spearow (now a fearow) with tri-attack and uproar. It's a great place to do that. And the view's great!

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
The Village bridge might just take the cake. Skyarrow comes at a close section, but I think that in a region of spiralling towers and vast cities (assuming you're playing Pokemon Black) the old and ornate look of the Village bridge was a breath of fresh air in the region.

Years
Skyarrow Bridge for me cos I love how well they handled the graphics on it.

Skyarrow_Bridge_BW.png

I mean, it looks so awesome! Definitely one of my fave landmarks in Unova not to mention I ride my bike a lot when I need to hatch my eggs!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Tubeline Bridge was a waste of space. Even though the other four didn't have problems, the only one worth keeping for good is the Skyarrow Bridge. They made the grande entrance into a grande city. While the idea of Village Bridge is cool, it feels more like a Route/Town mix that is unnatural to the games, and Driftveil could stay as a means of catching Ducklett to evolve to Swanna. Tubeline can go, as could Village, though with Unova being bigger, this could fit in somewhere, heck, maybe connected to Anville Town with a long-ass Route north of where Route 8 is? The water could have just looped around the Entralink here (Route 11 could connect to it via that small river, turn it into part of the bigger river and add normal barrier rocks) and the area above have no water, except perhaps a separate one coming down along Anville Town and exiting west, providing another use for Village Bridge with another (water?) Route between it and Anville).

I feel we had this bridge discussion only a month ago, BTW...I remember giving bridge opinions shortly after joining.

Cyclone

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Definitely Village Bridge, for two reasons: beautiful music and it reminds me of Ponte Vecchio in Florence.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
It'll be the Village Bridge. Everytime I get there, I stop and listen to the music whilst unknowingly wasting 15 minutes of my time.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Village Bridge.
Like others, I just love the music and the general atmosphere of that place. It's fun trying to find the other musicians which add to the tune that's being played.
On my second play-through I noticed one of the Game Freak people in Castelia said they implemented several ways of influencing the music, Village bridge was the first thought that came to me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I loved Village Bridge, there was tonnes to do and it was exciting to be there <3 But whilst we're on the subject, I have two questions! What was up with that weird disappearing lady on Marvellous Bridge? And what was the gangster/thug thing about on Tubeline Bridge, do they ever show up? o3o

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I loved Village Bridge, there was tonnes to do and it was exciting to be there <3 But whilst we're on the subject, I have two questions! What was up with that weird disappearing lady on Marvellous Bridge? And what was the gangster/thug thing about on Tubeline Bridge, do they ever show up? o3o
The lady you refer to might be the one who owns several Digletts who, upon being spoken to on Village Bridge in a house, suddenly takes off and appears on Marvellous Bridge doing some dance routine. Does that sound right?

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or maybe he means the Abra girl who just... disappears who people speculated was a ghost of an Abra! lool.

ANYWAY SO LIKE GUYS my favourite is Skyarrow (I remember how I disliked the name at first lmao) and TUBELINE was quite sexy, and so was Village Bridge. The other ones were kinda boring to me and Skyarrow made me think very happy thoughts. Actually it was more the designs than what the bridges actually offered tbh. If it was for what they offered, I'd probably pick Tubeline CAUSE BLACK EMPOLEON!

OH AND yes they needed more involvement in the storyline and Village Bridge would've worked as a city. :3

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Skyarrow Bridge is likely the best one because of its design, because you feel like you're going to reach the sky (and find a Reshiram flying lol) and because of the visual effects.

I like Driftveil Drawbridge too. I like the shadow of flying Pokemon (at first I thought they were diving in the bridge lol) and the cry of Charizard can be heard.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Skyarrow is both impressive and practical since it's a good egg-hatcing location.
As mentioned before, the camera angles and the like show it off the best of any bridge. I first crossed it at night, at which time I still think it looks best.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Village Bridge. I don't know why, I just prefer it.

I highly dislike Skyarrow Bridge. I find the camera angle changes to be extremely unnecessary and don't find them enjoyable - the constant cutting from one angle to another gives me a headache. If it didn't have those camera angle changes and those cuts, it would probably be my favorite because I like it's design. I also dislike Tubeline Bridge because it's very ugly and Driftveil Drawbridge because the music freaks me out.

I'm not really sure how the bridges play a central part in the game. They could easily be replaced with routes or something and nothing will really change. They don't affect the plot in the least.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not really sure how the bridges play a central part in the game. They could easily be replaced with routes or something and nothing will really change. They don't affect the plot in the least.
To be fair, they are conveniently unavailable at various times, tying their access into the plot in some fashion. For instance, you can't go through the forest to Skyarrow until you beat Lenora (to get rid of one batch of grunts) and recover the skull (Burgh stands at the end of the forest and sends you the long way), restricting access to all the storyline in Castelia. Driftveil is raised to allow ships through (and stays that way until you clear Elesa at Nimbasa), and its lowering is deemed by Clay to cause grunts to run amuck in Cold Storage and it's your fault. Tubeline is just conveniently under construction until you clear the Icirrus Gym, as is Marvellous until Ghetsis is cleared following the E4. Village Bridge seems to be the only bridge not requiring service.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
To be fair, they are conveniently unavailable at various times, tying their access into the plot in some fashion. For instance, you can't go through the forest to Skyarrow until you beat Lenora (to get rid of one batch of grunts) and recover the skull (Burgh stands at the end of the forest and sends you the long way), restricting access to all the storyline in Castelia. Driftveil is raised to allow ships through (and stays that way until you clear Elesa at Nimbasa), and its lowering is deemed by Clay to cause grunts to run amuck in Cold Storage and it's your fault. Tubeline is just conveniently under construction until you clear the Icirrus Gym, as is Marvellous until Ghetsis is cleared following the E4. Village Bridge seems to be the only bridge not requiring service.

Cyclone
I'd hardly tie the particular bridges to the plot simply because you need to do this this and this before you can cross it. That's the same for most of Unova, since it's just one long path with very little chance to explore further until you beat an area beforehand.

Back