• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Children are Hunted. (M)

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Apollo & Vlad
The booming, languishing cry of Vlad pierced Apollo's slumber. He hadn't even realized that he had nodded off before the great lizard cried out in anguish. "W-what's the matter?" He sputtered, his tone panicked, almost frenzied. No answer came back, but it was bad enough to see that they were slowly loosing altitude. Cautiously inching his way to the edge, Apollo peered over the side to try and make sense of the situation. This wouldn't just happen without reason, the Charizard was far too strong a flier for something minuscule to obstruct him. No, this had to be the human's doing.

As he caught his first glance of the girl below, his assumption was correct. He didn't know what, but the human was doing something, something that he couldn't even begin to explain. As if her act of sorcery had not been enough lunacy for one day, she began to shout for freedom and demand she be dropped from Vlad's secure grasp. Didn't she realize the fate that would await her? A fall from this height, even into the ocean, was sure to end in her death. It seemed foolish, even if her future at the hands of Glacia was none better.

"I can't hold the human much longer!" Vlad finally spoke, his voice weak and raspy. "It'z doing zomething to me. My wingz, they grow tired and my chezt achez with the pain of winter'z bite."

"You must hold on!" Apollo assumed his prior position, his voice struggling to reach above the wind and cries that came forth from Vlad's belly. It broke his heart to hear his friend in pain and his anger swelled at the small creature that was causing it. If he didn't act quickly, they would all die. But he couldn't come back to Glacia empty handed, could he? With a sigh, he crawled to the dragon's head, his claws resting assuredly on his friend's neck.

"Drop the human!" He shouted. So, Vlad did.​

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Stryker
Tokyo Gym

~~~~~

The boy wasn't stupid, he'd grant him that. Stryker watched as the battle progressed, noting the man's words about the Knights outside the Gym. If they got in, they'd only get in the way of the RDM, and Stryker certainly did not want to lose the boy. The Purrloin stalked a few steps closer to the front doors, then sat again. As the boy sent out the Rufflet, Stryker cocked his head. What does this boy have in mind? He was just a few steps away from the doors when the Steelix tripped over the Grass Knot. The Zoroark was struck again with the feeling that this particular human wasn't like others...

All of a sudden, a member of the audience jumped out of the audience. "Hmm, you seem to have mastered that Rufflet's skill. The one you poached off of me!"

Stryker settled again, the doors within reach. Then again, the boy was like other humans: selfish. As the two humans argued, Stryker turned to leave for reinforcements, only to back up hurriedly as the Knights barged in and surrounded the two boys and Jasmine. Don't notice me, don't pay any atte-- Snap. One of the Knights' Pokemon, a Houndour, was between Stryker and the doors. The Houndour looked smug, as if he knew he'd cornered a pathetic little Purrloin. <Here, kitty, kitty.>

"Trust me, you don't wanna mess with me," Stryker growled back quietly, his illusion flickering for an instant. The Houndour's smug look was replaced by confusion as he gave another sniff - from a few steps away, anyways. "Yeah, I'm not the defenseless 'kitty' you think I am. Now scram."

The attention of both Pokemon was drawn to the humans as the ground began rumbling. "What the--" Stryker staggered against the wall as the floor broke open in several places, concentrated on the Knights, who fell into the magma. Magma. Stryker looked around, noticing the Pokemon that were able to flee or escape the crevices. Where had they come from?! Who'd opened them up?! His eyes locked onto the boy, who yelled, "I think the word you're looking for his GOODBYE!" Then struck down the last Knight. As the boy collapsed, Stryker was out the door.

The Purrloin was a streak as he ran from the Gym, ignoring the nearby humans. They were more focused on wondering if an earthquake had struck, or what the Knights of Valor might be doing inside the Gym. Stryker stopped when he was at the end of a dark alley, eyes unfocused. He can do it, that rat was right, he can really raise magma, or open up the ground, or whatever, he just did it, WHAT IS HE?! Stryker slapped himself, trying to take deep breaths. Calm down, no need to panic, you didn't get caught in one yourself. The kid collapsed, so it's not like he can repeat that anytime soon. I doubt that he'd do it so often, either. One thing was for sure, though. Stryker's superiors had ordered that the boy be captured if he displayed anything like that.

"What happened?" Stryker looked up. Chan and a few other Pokemon were in the alley, looking at the Zoroark. His illusion must have dropped. "What happened?" the Hitmonchan repeated.

Stryker grinned. "The time to wait is over."

~~~~~

The entire time that Stryker was gone amounted to a few minutes. A Murkrow and Pidgeotto watched the Gym's windows, while the ground was watched by a Mightyena, Growlithe, and Pawniard. Not necessarily enough to guarantee that the boy couldn't escape, but Chan hadn't had much time. Ignoring the humans that watched, the Tokyo teenager Trainer and the Hitmonchan at his side walked up to the Gym's doors and entered. Once they were in, Stryker's eyes glanced around, looking mostly for the boy. At his side, Chan itched to spring into action.

It would be embarassing if the boy had disappeared while Stryker was gone.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Sir Quincy Marley
Randy Greyson JR.
Esper the Espeon
???
Pursuit of freedom and truth.

Esper blinked curiously when he found himself back in the pokeball. Oh... Here again... I've got better things to do than waste my time here. I have a human to save. Arceus knows he can't function without me.

With a little flexing of his mind, the pokeball popped open and Esper was again in the real world. The first thing the young cat did was establish his partner was ok through the link they shared. He was alive, and felt... Happy? How odd. Well, he was an odd human, which was why Esper loved him.

"Hey stupid cat, get back in your ball! I'll tell you when to come out!"

And then there was that to deal with. Esper flicked his tail mildly and utterly ignored the boy in the room with him. The boy returned him and again Esper got out of the pokeball.

"Damn it you stupid pokemon, do as I command!"

Um... No? Esper giggled and leapt to a perch near the window, scanning the ship. He took hispokeball from the child with a slight flexing of mental muscle, but otherwise did nothing, preferring to scan and see where everyone else was. Oh look, there was Quin...

"Unhand that pokemon!" Quincy said bursting through the door.

"No! He's mine!" Randy said.

"Oh... Well, then, Um... You bloody wanker! I have no idea how to be intimidating!" Quin said. Randy laughed and grabbed his shirt and pushed him against the wall and raised his fist.

"Like this!" Randy growled. Seriously? A human growling? What a "wanker" as Quin had said. Well, can't let this go on now can he? Esper stretched out and lazily stood up, but apparently that treecko had the same idea. He crawled around Quin's back and leapt up and kicked Rany in the face, pushing him back.

"Son of a *****!" the boy cried angrily.

"My goodness how crude! Come Arcino, we have a pokemon to save!" Quin said, picking up Esper. Esper relaxed, content and turned to the small red ball of fluff in the corner.

"I see you"

"Bite me psychic cat."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

There we go.

As the wind rushed to let her fall, she grinned. "Thank you! Have a nice day!" Around her gravity tugged and tugged. It was a rather nice feeling, falling to her death. She wouldn't die however. Not yet. Not when she still had plenty to do... and plenty to see, of course. Poor Edmund though. He was stuck with her. Hopefully he slept, slept just for a little while longer. Then she could let him go somewhere safe, safer than her. She closed her eyes, waiting... waiting for just that right moment.

Zaria would probably be so mad at her when this was over with. Bad enough you get yourself hurt all the time! Hehe, she could be so stiff and mature when she wanted to be. It was okay though. She could handle a little scolding if it meant that person was safe... and happy. Really, that was enough for her, even if she got a bit lonely.

Such hopeful thoughts you're having.

Outwardly, Zoran smiled. Inwardly however, a tinge of fear crept into her heart. Well... I tried.
A shree caused her to open her eyes and her body plopped onto the soft feathers below. The Pidgeot looked up at her with a calm, gleaming smirk on its beak. "Hi..." she said weakly, grinning at the bird. "I fell."

"It seems more like you were trying to escape, weren't you my dear?"

Zoran groaned mentally. Oh darn it. She had been so close too. She laughed cheerily. "Why would I do that Mister Theo? It's not like you were stalking me or anything!" He chuckled, held carefully in the air by a familiar Alakazam. Zoran waved at him, glancing slowly up at Vlad and Apollo. From where she sat on the Pidgeot, she could see three different ways Theo would move. And none of them would leave those Pokemon unscathed.

"You almost had it, didn't you?" the elderly man said. From a side view, he merely appeared to be a middle-aged Caucasian with greying black hair and a cane. His silver eyes told of something else, something that reminded Zoran of the depths of her own fragile mind. It never felt right... and Theo had never been right. "You almost managed to get away from me. Clever, clever girl... she taught you well."

Edmund stirred in her arms and she patted his head soothingly, honey eyes slowly hardening. "I did learn from the worst," she agreed coolly, dropping her smile, her care-free aura. It was going to take sheer effort to get away from him. She could do it... but... would she be the one who woke up if she made it through? And what would that do to Edmund if she wasn't? All these questions... and she didn't have the time to experiment and find out. "What do you need from me?" It was never a want from Theo, only a need, a command. It would be done no matter what she actually wanted to do, one way or another.

Theo smiled at her, offering her a firm hand to take. "I want your... persuasiveness."

"She won't listen to me," Zoran protested, rolling her eyes. Even if she was precisely sure where that person was, they wouldn't listen without a lot of talking. And promising. And various other convincing moves.

He chuckled. "Oh no, not her. Even I can barely convince her to breathe for me. I meant... someone else. An adversary who could become an ally. Or even a worse enemy than we anticipated. I want to see what they will do. Well?"

Zoran hesitated. Darn this man. She loved games. Her Pokeballs were not shaking. They were not saying this was a bad idea. Then... perhaps... She glanced up at the Charizard and Gabite and smiled ruefully with a shake of the head. "Sorry..." she called up to them. "I can't do anything to help you now." Alakazam's spoons glowed and she vanished, reappearing on gently bobbing wood.

"Oh... that was helpful Mister Theo..." she mumbled, looking around. "Now what am I supposed to do..." Edmund groaned in his sleep.

Theodore Ebony

"Well now," the man said neatly, still held in the air. He looked up at the two Pokemon, examining the Charizard with critical eyes. The scaly skin on his underside look quite pained, and his color was not particularly good at this moment either. Ah, he understood perfectly now. Nodding to Alakazam, he floated up to the pair, smiling. "I see she did a bit of damage to you there. My apologies, she can be quite mischievous. Comes from having no one to raise her properly, you see. The effects will wear off in a few more moments I would guess. " He tapped his cane on nonexistent ground and chuckled.

"Now then, let me see... I took your prospect away, didn't I?" He shook his head. "Terribly sorry about that, but she is needed in other places for me. I personally would be a much better person to take with you, young RDM recruit." Pidgeot snorted. As always, the man was off his rocker. Though they were terribly obvious with their carrying the lass around and all. "You see, I am of a group that could be quite useful to yours. Alakazam could carry me there, if that would be of any further help." He smiled. "Then you can release my Pokemon if you'd like. They probably would be happy to see no more of me."

Theodore smiled again. He hoped they were perfectly aware. He could leave if he chose to. However, he wasn't choosing to.

Nideous

Years
Esper Brown
Sir Quincy Marley
A ripple of Fate

Esper purred as Quin carried him away. This boy was going to be a thorn in Thomas's side for a good long time, and yet, Esper liked him. He was interesting. Esper also was a sucker for attention, especially from kind people. And Quin was very kind, if odd.

"Well cat, now that I have rescued you, how about we find your human, hmm? I bet he's worried sick about you." Quin said, setting Esper down. Esper's ears perked up as he heard a sound below them, but it was too soft for Quin to hear. Like a soft thud. Oh well. But... OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT! He felt rather than heard something very extreme. So very powerful it made his head spin, the chorus of emotions quieting in his mind. And what he heard, and it was coming from the thud, from below... Was nothing. Stillness. It was not that there was no emotion, more like, something blocked him from sensing it. He could sense the dark energy as well, though it was very difficult, if it were only for the fact that he was tied to Thomas, a chosen one, that he even knew it was there. Well... Time to go find out what it was. With a soft smile Esper leapt off the bed and padded to the door, heedless of whether Quin was following or not.

Thomas Elias Brown
Volt Brown
All round the campfire!

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, Merrily merrily errily merrily, life is but a dream! Row row row your boat, gently down the stream!" Thomassang as he cooked the fish he and Volt had caught. it had been a few hours, and Volt was stronger. He was quite friendly, but had a very short temper. Thomas, actually, delighted in making Volt mad. But Volt was in high spirits too it seemed. He was singing as well.

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream!" he barked out, his tail wagging.

???

The little red vulpix watched the boy and the cat go. Humph. There went one of her most dangerous adversaries. She turned away and started walking behind them. She ducked down under a table to hide from passerbys. A wynaut appeared next to her and hugged her tight.

"Gah! Get off of me Winny! I'm SUPPOSED to be undercover!" she said softly, her fur turning a scorching hot. The wynaut leapt back, burned.

"Yow! Van, that hurt! Why do you have to be so mean! I thought you loved me!" Winny said.

"Who told you that lie? I don't love you. I don't even like you. Now go back to Trigger and Razor, tell them that the fool human fell overboard. I don't know where he went. I'm tailing the other though. Maybe he will lead me to some clues..." Van said, her ears flicking as she heard an odd sound.

"I was TOLD to come here. Told to back you up." Winny whined. Van rolled her eyes.

"I'm the toughest, strongest agent the RDM has. I don't need help from a rookie like you." Van said arrogantly.

"Why not? We joined at the same time too remember?" Winny said, putting a finger in Van's face.

"No... I joined the RDM. YOU were the creepy person you are and stalked me there. Like you stalked me here. Quit following me!" Van said with a scowl.

"Do you feel that?" Winny asked softly. Van closed her eyes and focused Extrasensory. yes she did. Which meant...

"Go get Trigger, NOW! There is another one here. i'll investigate and try and keep him from THIS one too! GO!" Van said, dashing out of the table and down the stairs, running until she was face to face with a young human female. She snarled in revoltion a bit, she disliked humans. Especially this one. These damn humans were going to be the bane of her, she knew it. Why were they so damned special anyways? Because of that power? Hell, Van had power. She could easily obliterate this ship, but what would be the point? Well, ok, she was exaggerating a lot, but she COULD put a hole in it. Still. These scions were going to get her killed one day.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

She rubbed her head sheepishly as she rose back to her feet. "Urm... he's so lucky I don't get seasick... ehehe..." Zoran looked around, feeling the water bob the boat gently beneath her. "Which way... which way is safe?" What's safe anyway?

How long to you intend to play around? We have guests.

Zoran's honey eyes then slowly rested on the Vulpix. For a moment, she was very still. The red coat had a simple enough meaning. Fire. Vulpix were Fire-types. What did that mean? Was it... possibly...

"What are you doing? It's falling; control yourself!"

"No."

Her turn next?

Zoran then shook her head, forcing her heartbeat to stop its racing. The shadows murmured out, rising in agitation and thickness. They hissed and whined, curling over each other. Something was wrong. It wasn't her. Was someone looking for her? Why on earth would they do that? She was not here, so it would be rather pointless. Letting her eyes rest on the Vulpix once more, another part of her brain kicked in. She smiled widely.

"You're...so... cute!" It was almost squealed out, dangerously close to Edmund's uncurled ear. The Pokemon stirred. "Are you looking for someone?" She stepped back and crouched, just to give enough space between her and the glaring furball. Gosh it was so adorable! She wondered why it was so angry though... perhaps... Maybe it knows too... She smiled anyway. "You don't have to be so upset! I'm Zora! It's nice to meet you." She placed out her hand, palm out, and held it there, Edmund safely in the crook of her other arm.

Edmund yawned, kicking tiny feet against the air. "'Ey, crazy girl, we still up?" Zoran patted his head gently.

"Nope, we're on a boat!" The excited reply made him gave and scowl. Zoran's happiness dimmed in her smile as she sheepishly curled a lock of hair. "Not sure where or why though..." Edmund twisted to stare at her. Then he slapped his face with a paw.

"Forget it," he groaned. "I'm not gonna comment, you psychotic weirdo. I am just gonna roll with the punches, yes I am. I'm going to save my sanity, yes I am." Finally his eyes caught wind of Vulpix. He wriggled free from Zoran's arm and he plopped to the ground. "Hey, your face is gonna get stuck like that girly Q? Ya mind?"

"Eddy..." Zoran chided.

He glared. "My name is Edmund! Arceus' plates girl, I remember your freaky-deaky name!"

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Jari Hernandez

#8: Blackout

"Ahhh..."

Now tumbling through what he called an irregular dream (a dream without a giant red lizard), Jari fell through the crevice, at first headfirst. Everything was black... he could only assume it was a huge crevice by the occasional rock fall. Trying to grasp the edges and failing, he tumbled closer and closer to the bottom.

If there was a bottom. He flipped over in the air. There didn't seem to be much of a top, either. There was absolutely no light; just a pit of... nothing. Total darkness. He rubbed an eye. He felt himself. No PokeBalls... which made sense because it wasn't like his Pokemon had blacked out either. They were probably sleeping happily in their physical world. He smiled a bit at that. They were fine... Unless Chan ended up being a total douchebag and took Ronin with him while he had the chance. Could he use his powers right now, in this irregular dream? He tried, but his powered failed him. Perfect timing, he thought sarcastically... but then again, it wasn't as if he was in any real trouble.

Right?

Chan Koshi

"Ah hah..."

Chan looked around. Eh, he might as well help out this guy, considering he helped him out. The Rufflet was a shame though. Although it was powerful... and he poached it off of him... no. Chan shook his head. Not the way to think at the moment. He had to get this guy conscious, although he was NOT administering CPR. Which wasn't necessary. Good.

But then he remembered what Jari had done and quickly backed off. No, can be dangerous. But he's hurt, and...

Chan sat in a corner, conflicted. He saw a trainer walk in... ah well. "Take him," he said. "Do as you please... just... get him outta here." He stood up and walked to grab his backpack and leave.

Jari Hernandez

Still falling at what was now an alarming speed, Jari finally began to see light at the end of the tunnel. Was he waking up? The light at the bottom of the crevice he was falling through came faster and faster, until finally he was enveloped in a pool of magma. He cringed. If his powers didn't work, he would surely burn to death...

Finding relief that he was falling into the volcanic crater he always found himself him, he grinned feverishly, now going in with a pencil dive before smacking into the surface, where the lava rippled and then stood still. Ahhhh...

"Oh hey, you're still alive. Surprise surprise, you used your powers."
"Eh? Oh, it's you." Jari shook off the magma left on his clothing- luckily for him, magma didn't burn through his clothing in dreams. He wasn't too sure of real life, but he hoped not.
"Your clothing will be fine." The lizard snorted loudly. "So, what do you expect? Me to teach you something? I have work enough, making sure...." He trailed off.
"Making sure what?"
"Don't worry about it. Where are you going next?" The Pokemon opened up a huge map of tectonic plates on the wall.
"I dunno. Tectonic plates, figures." Jari could name every single one.
Big Red ignored him completely. "Good. You're going to the Caribbean. I want you to investigate something strange going on."
"What the hell? Whaddya mean by strange?" Jari frowned. "More power-using stuff?" Suddenly remembering that he killed some people and that he had a conscience, he felt sick to his stomach. He tried to reassure himself that it was out of self-defense. Self-defense....
"You'll see. When you're conscious..." The lizard Pokemon looked around. "Which, for your sake, you better hope happens soon."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Stryker
Tokyo Gym

~~~~~
"Take him," the Trainer said. "Do as you please... just... get him outta here."

Stryker raised an eyebrow at the boy's words. His target was unconscious, and the Gym Leader wasn't nearby. The human must have been freaked out by the incident if he wanted the kid gone. At a nod from Stryker, Chan [the Hitmonchan] walked over and picked up the unconscious Jari. Stryker's gaze was still on the other human, who was getting ready to leave. "You really don't care, do you?" he asked suddenly. He thought they were the only ones in the room, so why couldn't he talk a bit? Stryker ignored the Hitmonchan's glare as he continued. "You're just like almost every other human, that I've met. Selfish, or self-centered, or both."

<What are you doing?> H'Chan hissed, reverting to what humans might call Poke-speech. The language that Pokemon spoke after being captured and sounded something like animal sounds to humans. They needed to keep their disguise of Trainer and Pokemon, yet it looked as if Stryker might blow it anyways.

"Even after what you saw just minutes ago? Or especially 'cause of that?" By this time, Stryker had begun advancing on Chan the human. His tone had become slightly angry, maybe a bit self-righteous. "Not that I care for humans, myself. Let's consider somethin' else, though. Poaching. You mentioned that he'd poached the Rufflet off you. As if he was little more than property. Little more than a tool."

<Leave it, Stryker! We're after this kid here, not him!>

"Relax, will ya?" Stryker called over his shoulder. One hand was beginning to glow black-purple as he turned back to the Trainer. "I'll just leave him with a reminder." The 'Tokyo teenager' brought his hand up, grinning. "Pokemon aren't just tools to be used or cast aside." Stryker threw his Dark Pulse at Chan the human, then turned to quickly walk toward the front doors. H'Chan was ahead of him, Jari slung over one shoulder like baggage. I wonder if that human back there will have nightmares now, Stryker thought to himself. If he lives.

Nideous

Years
Van the vulpix
Esper Brown
Sir Quincy Marley
And the weirdos keep on coming.

"Hey, EDDY, don't take the lord's name in vain you punk! And call me that again and I'll set you on fire." Van said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, but these two were very dangerous. She was thinking... Why would the girl be confused about being on a boat? There was only one way on and off, duh! Seriously, what was with these people? Morons all of them.

"I still see you."

"I told you to get out of my head before I set yours on fire!"

"Hehehehe~"

"DAMN IT CAT!"

And then there was this. Her cover had been blown. She sighed and walked over to Zoran, intent on having some form of disguise. Maybe the big red haired idiot would think that she was with this girl and not a wild pokemon if she justkept her mouth shut. He was an enemy, he was not to be trusted at all.

"Oh hey, you ok?" Quin said as he The hair on the back of his neck was standing on end. This may not end well. Esper purred softly, a knowing look on his face, though Quin was oblivious.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

Zoran looked curiously down at the Vulpix as it padded over. Edmund glared at it. "Girly Q get the heck away from her. You smell like you need to be drowned in Aloe Vera." The Buneary hopped from foot to foot, prepared to kick the bugger off. However, the girl knelt and gently reached out a tan, slender hand towards Van. A tiny smile rose on her face. Then she paused. the air instantly chilled. Edmund shivered briefly as the gears turned in the teen's mind.

Dancing sparks of warm colors mixed with the smell of warmed wood and charred metal. Around her is nothing but red, reds and oranges and golds the color of molten glass and daffodils. She is running. Sister. Sister I'm here. Please, please answer. Not you too... I don't want to take you away too...

Ah... Zoran looked around, seeing how Edmund shook visibly despite his fur. Oops... She closed her eyes and reached out, gently patting the Vulpix on the head with a slightly shaking hand. Carefully, the dark girl scooped her up, gently cradling the fox in her arms. "You don't have to worry," she breathed softly over the kitsune's ears, just enough for Van to hear. "I'm not going to hurt you. I don't see any profit in it. Just use me as you see fit, okay little one?"

Straightening, she gave Quin a smile. "Yeah!" she cheered. "I'm fine! Just a bit confused is all? Hey, that's a cute Pokemon right there!" She smiled at Esper, eyes sparkling faintly. "Is he yours?"

Edmund huffed and scowled. "You freaky-deaky abomination to the Dread Plate, you are going to get me killed."

Zoran looked down at him and grinned, smirk almost pure white. "I would never. You're so mean Eddy!"

"Edmund, for Arceus' sake!"

Nideous

Years
Van the Vulpix
Sir Quincy Marley
Esper Brown

Van snorted, but said nothing, choosing only to glare at Edmund. She did not want to blow her cover. She also glared at Esper who walked right up to Zoran and climbed into her lap. He seemed not to care that he did not know her, or the vulpix and buneary. Quin blinked a bit. That was odd.

"Hello miss, can you hear my thoughts? Probably not. Oh well. Most humans can't hear me anyways. Whether you can or not I feel inclined to ask you to bring the temperature back up, as I am rather cold, and I am afraid this fire type will bite me." Esper said with a grin, but his heart was racing. He sensed something terrible, and not this weird human's powers. Those felt oddly similar to Thomas's, which comforted him, but something else... Like... Death... It scared him, and he was watching it with his eyes as it floated about.

"Um, no, Esper here belongs to my friend. I'm merely looking after him until he returns to his trainer. Quite the pokemon you have there young lady." he said with a joyful smile, crossing his arms. He took in her appearance, the way she acted. Something did not add up. Damn it, normal people he could easily read, but these damn scions were something else! "My name is Quincy, might I be of assistance? I never can resist helping someone."

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

Oh... well now there were three cute Pokemon in her general vicinity. It was almost an overdose. Daaw... Something suddenly raced into her mind. The message twisted and spun through, only for the shadows to hiss. She silently glowered at them. Why couldn't you have done that for Theo? She closed her eyes and let the queries enter her head. What was he talking about? She wasn't doing anythi- oh. Oh oops. She hadn't meant to do that.

Looking at Esper, Zoran gave a tiny smile. "One second, little kitty. Sorry about that." She thought for a moment and the air instantly began to warm. "Mite troublesome thing, defense is," added the girl with a sheepish laugh.

If you stopped resisting, this wouldn't happen, little girl. The voice, now jagged with spikes of irritation, sparked through her mind. She hoped no one else heard it. The troublesome voice never knew when to behave in circumstances.

That is a lie if I ever heard it. You would make it worse. Now, let me enjoy myself a little.

Your insolence will get you killed, child.

That's your problem, not mine.

Zoran smiled at Quincy now. Ooh, he could be fun. Perhaps, he could be useful. Was this the one? She hoped it was. She really hoped it was. "Mm... Eddy is? Thanks!" She beamed at the Buneary, who simply glared at them both, beady eyes glimmering with frustration and distaste. "My name is Zoran! And... yeah. Could you help me find my way out of here? I was kind of dropped here... not sure why. Hehe." She laughed again and looked down at Esper. "Can you get down silly kitty? I need to get up."

Nideous

Years
Esper Brown
Van the Vulpix
Sir Quincy Marley

Esper blinked serenely anf flattened his ears, hissing at the unknown voice that blasted through his mind. With a soft hiss and leapt to the ground and latched onto it, blasting it with sheer emotion, mostly annoyance and displeasure.

"Oi, would you kindly mind NOT shouting in my ear, so to speak? I have enough problems with ONE god shouting at me, let alone two." he said with disdain. Van rolled her eyes and said nothing. She now wanted to flee, to run for voer, her tails between her legs, but that was NOT an option now! She had to remain and track these two. And speaking of tracking, she unnoticeably placed a tracker on the girl while no one was paying attention to her, still doing her best to act friendly.

"Of course, we are on a boat that is currently heading for the Bahama's, or some other small tropical island. You will have to wait until the vessel docks I am afraid. However it has occurred to me that it may not be the wisest course to follow me, as a nasty rapscallion with a brutish, thug like mind is seeking to pry my companion from me and use him for his own selfish means." Quin said with a small smile.

"He means some idiot is trying to steal me"

"I KNOW what he means you twit!"

"Meow meow~"

"OUT!!"

Esper giggled, beginning to enjoy himself now. He sat down and closed his eyes, ready for the day.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

The voice let out a strangled noise. If Zoran hadn't known better, she would have thought the creature was laughing. Ignoring it, she smiled at Esper. "Thanks silly kitty," she murmured, rising with a stretch. With the tiniest of pouts, she looked down at the psychic type. Still, she gently clutched Van. Her arms trembled faintly around the fox, but that was all. Edmund gave the fox a glare before raising an eyebrow at Quin.

"Dude, speak normal English, not that fancy one. It does not get you all the ladies. Believe me, I know someone who tried." Tapping his free foot, he glared at Zoran. "Crazy girl, your Pokemon want out." The Pokeballs trembled in agreement and Zoran frowned.

"Guess it's okay now that we aren't up in the air... can you get them Eddy?" The Buneary threw up his paws. He gave up on her. With a grumble, he poked each ball and released the two of them. Out came the Houndour, who gave the room a few experimental sniffs before taking off with a delighted bark. The second was a kitten. It did not move from its spot however. Instead it hissed at Van.

"Get outta my spot, fleabag." Shinx was clearly in a bad mood. She flicked her tail at Van before turning to Esper. She gave him a nod.

Zoran cheerfully ignored this, grinning at Quin. "Well... I think if that guy tries to mess with me, I'll be okay. Doom and Sparx may not look it, but they're pretty strong. Right Sparx?" Sparx mewed at her, still glaring at the Vulpix out of the corner of one eye. "So... I'll follow you."

Nideous

Years
Sir Quincy Marley
Esper Brown
Van the Vulpix

"I beg your pardon?" Quin asked the little pokemon. "I do not speak "Fancy" I speak properly. And if you please, do not assume that I am not trying to, as you say "Get all the ladies" No, I do not wish to be like someone else I know."

"You have a little jealous one."

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

"Meow meow~"

"UGH!!"

With a soft meow Esper padded out of the room, leaving them to it. He was not needed here, and he had better things to do. Van glared right back at the irritating Shinx with a look that said plainly 'I can kill you right now' and said nothing, huffing softly.

"Very well. We must get out of here, two young trainers in the hold of the ship is simply begging for someone to stop us. I would rather not have this." Quin said, gesturing at the door, Arcino popping out of his bag abd growling at Doom and Van.

Esper Brown
???

Esper made his way to the prow of the ship and sat there, his eyes closed. They were getting g far away from Thomas, he could barely sense him. No... No...

"D! D you moron, hear me! Your Harbinger is in trouble!" Eper cried, loath to ask this diety for help. But what other choice did he have? He frowned, getting no answer. Bother.

"Please... YOU HAVE TO HELP HIM!!" Esper pleaded again with the darkness. Again he got no answer. He scowled a bit and hissed with venom.

"Fine, don't listen to me. Just one more reason I hate gods and destiny and all that crap. I'll do it mysef!" Esper said acidly. He located a few songs of emotion, not too far from the boat, but close enough. He leap off of the deck, diving towards the water. Oh crap... This was a terrible idea. He splashed and sank deep into the ocean before kicking to the surface and getting a breath before the currant pulled him under. He yowled psychically and splashed to the surface again, yowling loudly, desperately trying to keep from drowning. Thomas had survived due to divine interference, but he would have no such assistance. He was on his own. Gagging on the sea water, he used his psychic powers to try and force him to the surface, and to help propel the water out of his lungs, but he was not strong enough. He turned to try and swim back, but the boat had moved too far, or was it he that had moved too far? It did not matter, He turned back around, getting pulled under the brine once more, the salt stinging his eyes, pouring into and distorting his hearing. He sputtered and thrashed wildly, beginning to panic. He was going to drown out here... And then he would never see Thomas again...

"Esper!"

"..."

"ES_E_!!"

"... ... ..."

"____R!__!!"

"..."

"______"

"S-sorry... I-I failed you..."

His consciousness began to fade, and he slowly stopped kicking, sinking deeper into the water. He closed his eyes, the gem on his head syill glowing red, though it too was beginning to fade.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

Doom barked obliviously at Arcino before padding out of the room. He glanced back at Zoran with a tiny whine. She nodded at him and the Houndour disappeared out the door and out of sight. Edmund gave Quin a snort and headed after the mutt. No wonder she kept the idiot in a ball. It was gonna get itself killed out of sheer lack of paying attention.

Sparx gave Van a fanged smirk, padding patiently after Doom. It was hard to be afraid of a 'mon who was stuck in the grasp of her mistress. Zoran found something cute, why would she let it go? She remembered the time she had ripped up the girl's stuffed Eevee toy when teething.Now that had been a proper temper tantrum and sulk. Her trainer winked at her playfully from the corner of her eye. The Shinx huffed a bit and hurried off. Arceus knew if Doom wasn't being watched...

There was a loud barking only meters ahead.

Sparx sighed. Darn it.

Zoran grinned meanwhile at Quin. "Lead the way sir."

Nideous

Years
Esper Brown
???

"ESPER!! Don't give in!"

"Th-Thomas... I... I can't..."

"Yes you can!"

"B-but..."

"No buts! You made me a promise when I got you that pokeball! Now, come back to me! Please Esper, I still need you!"

"... Y-yes... M-my friend..."

Espers eyes snapped open a few minutes later and he began coughing. A young human girl smiled at him, her eyes alive with joy, as pure as the blue water around them.

"I saved you! Awh... Aren't you just the cutest most drenchedest little pink fluffy thing a little girl could ever possible ever ever want!"she said, pulling the startled cat into a tight hug. Esper coughed and yowled as his ear was tugged, a piercing pain in it. She smiled. Her hair was an odd blue as well, the same color in fact. Esper let out a ained yowl.

"E-espeon!" he cried weakly, noticing he was still holding into his pokeball as if it would save him from her affection.

"Awh, do you wanna go back into the water? It's fun~ Going deep beneath the waves till your chest fills with water and you can't breath~" she said breathlessly. Esper could see she was being dead serious and yowled with terror. He never wanted to see the ocean again! Which reminded him, he needed to get his bearings. He was on the back of a large turtle... In the middle of the ocean! With a sudden giggle, the girl tossed him into the water again.

"Swim floofy wet thing! Enjoy the taste of the sea, the darkness of the water! I'll bring you back like last time! With my fishing rod!" she cried gleefully. Esper kicked his aching, burning legs and swam back towards her.

"Milady Trista, please do not drown another land dweller." the large turtle said, picking Esper up in his mouth and setting him on his head.

"But Lapras! Water is fun!" Trista said with a pout, her blue hair flowing in the warm breeze. Esper noticed her dress was the same color. Man, did she have fascination with blue?

"No buts, Milady. As a land dweller this young fox does not have the capacity to breath under the waves." Lapras said. Esper silently thanked him, curling up with a soft shiver. "And you, fo, you may rest here until we find an island to deposit you on."

"What... Going to strand me in the middle of the ovcean? I'll starve to death!" Esper protested, his joking manner gone now.

"What happens to land dwellers is no concern of ours." Lapras said.

"Yes it is! We need each other Lapras! That is why we have to find Kyogre's chosen! So we can team up with him and beat the badguys! Yay! I'm gonna swim!" Trista said, diving into the water. Lapras sighed and Esper began to work the hook out of his ear. It was still hurting... How had he ended up with these odd people?

Randy Greyson Jr.

Randy stopped, getting barreled over by a large puppy pokemon.

"What the hell!?" he cried, looking up and trying to peer after him, spotting him not too far away.

"Who lost their pokemon!?" he shouted with venom before a thought came over him. Wait... if they were lost, maybe he could... keep them. Finders keepers, right? He walked toward the houndour, grinning maliciously.

Sir Quincy Marley
Van the Vulpix

Quin nodded and helped her to her feet. He smiled good naturedly at her, and began to walk out of the hold.

"So Miss Zoran, from where do you hail?" he asked with a smile, leading her to the galley so he could feed Arcino and his other pokemon. And report of course. Van huffed as she was carried, not enjoying this one bit... Ok maybe a little, but this girl freaked her out!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Zoran Nishant

"Thank you," she replied graciously to the assistance. She could be polite when she needed to be, contrary to her sister's belief. Then again, almost everyone she knew didn't believe she had a courteous bone in her body. She didn't blame them, of course. Manners for her seemed more like deviations from the necessary point. "I'm from America," she admitted cheerfully. Her head was cocked toward the farther side of the hallway. Doom had gone down that way. Of course she had to be concerned.

Sparx chose that time to come running back. She let out a yip of dismay, ignoring Van and crying out at her trainer with severe irritation. "Some idiot's looking at Doom! Think he's trying to steal him! What should I tell him?"

Zoran only had the vaguest idea of what was said here, but she smiled anyway. It was not the smile she had given Quin to reassure her she was perfectly okay, or the one she had worn when she picked up Van. Her honey eyes glittered with a rather obscene delight. Her lip curled into a gentle, childlike grin, innocently toothy. "One moment, new friend," she told Quin, going to follow Sparx. "I think Doom found made a new friend." She calmly went after Sparx. Edmund, looking puzzled, hopped beside Quin.

"She's so batty," he muttered to himself. "And you're enjoying knowing that, ain't ya oh mighty polite one?" He grinned darkly at the human and at his Treecko, the look unfortunately adorable. "You're going to be taking full… advantage of that. Just like a human."

Meanwhile, Zora walked after her Shinx to see a new person leering over her Houndour. There was a rather amusing look on his face. It was like it was trying to be nasty. "Doom," she called cheerfully. The pup's ears perked excitedly.

"Game, Zora?" he asked. "Game?"

"Fetch," She chirped back. Doom panted and leaped forward, sinking large teeth into Randy's arm. He tugged at the appendage, then did so again with a small woof. Huh? Well, this was quite strange. Why wasn't he able to carry it back? When you played fetch, you should be able to bring the toy back to the master. Then it could be thrown again and brought back and thrown again and brought back over and over until you all curled up in a big fluffy pile of sleepiness. That wasn't happening. Perhaps this was just the wrong toy to play with though.

His mistress let out a soft whistle and Doom woofed, releasing the human's arm and trotting back to her. She scratched behind his ears and looked accusingly at Randy. "How dare you, sir?" she scolded. "You play this game all wrong. You're supposed to give Doom your arm so he can give it back to me. You are a failure at fetch." Then she laughed. It was all bells and cheer and innocence. "Actually… you wanted to fetch Doom, right? Well… sorry, but I can't let you do that. I raised Doom myself, you see, and he wouldn't respond well to a silly little boy like you. You're too weak for my friend."

Nideous

Years
Sir Quincy Marley

Quin peered down at the rabbit with interest. He gave him a stern, hard look that said he was clearly not impressed

"Take advantage of her? You make me sound so common. You have no idea to what end I would 'take advantage of her' to accomplish. Try as you miught, you simply can not conceive what someone in my position must do. Wars don't just happen, they are created, and I have to find out who is going to be the causation of the war I see ahead and stop them. I must not let this world be plunged into madness. And to that end I will use whomever I must. Your friend Zoran, my friend Thomas, you. Everyone that can help me save us all. And woe to those that would try to stop me. My cause is far too important." Quin said, patting Arcino. He crossed his arms after this and looked down at the rabbit again.

Rany Greyson Jr.
Van the vulpix

Van snarled at the display in front of her, her eyes alive with rage at the human who screamed in pain, his arm bleeding from the fierce bite.

"AGH! You *****! My arm! You and your stupid mutt can both burn in hell!" he shouted, scrambling back, tears in his eyes strangely as he used his good arm to fumble at his belt for a pokeball, though he had none. His anger turned to bafflement, then fear as he remembered that Thomas had dove overboard to rescue his Elecktrike, and that Brit, Quincy, had stolen his new Espeon, leaving him defensless. Zoran may or may not have been done, but Van was not. She could not abide by some punk human treating a pokemon like it was a possession to be stolen, nor would she stand for friends being needlessly separated.

"Bastard!" she said, blowing her cover and sending plumes of red fire straight at him. He threw his arms up, shouting loudly as the fire caught him.

Esper Brown
Lapras the Lapras
Trista Mermayin

Esper whined a bit as he lay on Lapras's head. He was exhausted, and though he had finally worked the fishhook out of his ear, it was still stinging with pain. The salty sea air left a tang in his mouth, and he ached all over.

"I need a vacation..." he said weakly, laying his head down.

"They say the beach is a fine place." Lapras said smartly. Esper rolled his eyes. He decide to refrain from commenting as he saw Trista splashing in the water. Thomas's presence was getting closer... Was it destiny? Nah... Must be divine interference again. Esper was sick of Divine intervention, but if it reunited him and his trainer, then so be it.

"I'm coming Thomas."

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Edmund

The Buneary glared at him with a snort."End justifies da means, izzat it?" He rolled his eyes. "Don't put on airs, will you? You're just as scummy as every other human who praises those gaudy little balls on your belt." He chuckled. "You're definitely taking advantage of her. After all, can' ya tell?"

He hopped off, heading back."She'll let ya. She don't care. Not about you, or your cause, prob'ly not me neither. She don't care about this cruddy world. That "madness" you wanna stop..." He laughed. "Bet she's runnin' full-speed for it."

Zoran Nishant ]

Zoran raised an eyebrow at the language. "Even if it's true, did you have to say it like that?" she said, looking bemused. "You're the one who got so close to Doom anyway... kids these days..." A tingle ran gracefully down her spine and she giggled. "Humans can be just so presumptuous... right?" She looked down at Van's bristling form. "Oh, do stop that," she scolded. "It's not nice to mock the weak... or... to... burn them..." A small, strangled cry left her lips and she shuddered all over again.

She shuddered painfully. He was screaming. There hadn't been screaming... or it had been too loud.

"Stop..." she whispered. The air seemed to shimmer, tremble, chilling once again. Wisps of black pooled and soared by her feet. "Stop... Stop it..." Soon he'll be burned up, all burned up, and... they will... Her grip tightened on Van as she struggled to contain herself, to remember where she was. "Doom," Zoran snapped through an incredibly familiar wailing and the dog leaped toward the flames, hoping to absorb them before his mistress did something a lot more lethal about it.

Someone chuckled. "Oh my, aren't you just a treat, Princess?"

Zoran turned and glared. "Go burn Lucian."

Back