• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Mine isn't separate from my phone, though. It is now a monster.

The joys of user-replaceable batteries. :)

On the other hand, my solution is perfectly sharable with any smartphone with the right cable, and most non-Apple phones charge off USB-to-micro-USB :3

Years
I'm glad that I can at least change my battery if it ever goes bad. It would suck to have a phone without the ability to get a new battery, because then that would just mean having to get another new phone.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm glad that I can at least change my battery if it ever goes bad. It would suck to have a phone without the ability to get a new battery, because then that would just mean having to get another new phone.

Actually, with sealed batteries, a trip to an authorised service centre is all it takes to get the battery replaced. :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I have a dome switch keyboard from 2008? Yeah, things lasted me 6 years, never failed me, and I fly on this bad boy. Never could get used to another keyboard to be honest. Its the logitech classic 200.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm about to head out to a Nokia Care to check out how much it takes to repair my phone.

If it's more expensive than a new smartphone (especially the Lumia 520), well, so long, phone.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I've been using Lossless Audio Checker to verify my .flac files.
I noticed that my Kill 'Em All Metallica album was all cutoff, but I did use EAC...
I've noticed a fair amount of battery drain on my Nexus 5, mostly from Google Play Services.
Anyone know if I can pinpoint where the exact drainage is occurring?
Also, I got this phone in early November. Could the battery have already begun losing charge?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Good luck with that. Not sure if you'd rather just get a new one
.. With the 520 you might be losing some features. :/

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I noticed that my Kill 'Em All Metallica album was all cutoff, but I did use EAC...
I've noticed a fair amount of battery drain on my Nexus 5, mostly from Google Play Services.
Also, I got this phone in early November. Could the battery have already begun losing charge?

I believe there is a detailed battery usage breakdown within the standard Android settings app. Check there.

Good luck with that. Not sure if you'd rather just get a new one
.. With the 520 you might be losing some features. :/

Yeah, I would be losing the display and the camera LED flash. The outdoor visibility of the display is a big concern.

Years
I've never really cared for LED flash on cameras.. but particularly because if I want to get a good photograph of something in low light, I'd use an actual camera.

Also, my current keyboard is a Logitech K120 keyboard. I've had it since 2011, but used it on-and-off, but it became my default keyboard when my previous keyboard eventually had the space bar on it wearing out.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Gen 1 Snivy is adorable!
*cough*
Yeah, getting a 520 is not smart. Why not go for the 620 or the 625?

Years
Going for the 520 if you plan to use it as a companion isn't really smart I agree, however if you are like me and you only want to browse the internet, use social media, or check email alongside sending texts and calling people, the 520 is plenty. That's why I went with the 520 instead of some unlocked Android phone, or a budget Android phone running an outdated version.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
To be honest, anything would be an upgrade with regard to the software and internals. It's the display that is the sticking point for me. Good displays are expensive

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If its the display then the 620 makes sense, the 625 might seem stretched for you.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Google Play services battery drain is something that you can't really change. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Like I figured, so many new Cell Phones getting outed before CES. Cheap brands none the less, but I do trust Archos at least. Can't wait for MWC to see what might be my next phone.

Years
I think it's crazy enough that manufacturers unveil lots of stuff at the Consumer Electronics Show that wind up getting outdated in the middle of the year. It's hilarious as well. And some stuff we never wind up seeing until a year after it was shown at CES as well.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The repair quote is significantly more expensive than the 525 (!)

Might as well as join the budget phone party. :S

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well have fun. But honestly, I can't stress more on how irksome it would be to buy a new phone now of all times.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
This might be the very last post I'm going to make on PC using my old phone :S

I'm kind of surprised how the camera works much better and the display holds up OK outdoors. Just need a SIM swap, and that's it for my 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back