• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shiny Hunter Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I shall join your challenge Kit!!~

I will actually be combining two challenges into one. Will be doing Ultimate Monotype and this at the same time in SoulSilver. About 60 SRs for a Totodile atm, still no luck and I honestly don't know when i'll manage to actually get around to a heavy session of SRing for it, but I shall inform you when I get to a good number/get Totodile! :D

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@Paulthagerous: I don't think using red gyarados in HG/SS is cheating... I'm not sure I would count it as one of the 3, though for the main challenge. I wont count it out, though... I'll let people decide for themselves.

Yeah that's what I thought. I will catch it but at this stage I don't plan on using it. Even if I do, it won't count as 1 of my 3.

Paulthagerous asked me to post a picture of his shiny cyndaquil for him

Thanks for that, shouldn't be too long until I can post links myself :) Hopefully by the time I have my 2nd one I will be able to post it myself!

Since I am posting, here's another update: Up to 233 SR's, for a total of 1165 seen.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
YAAAAAAAAAAAY~! I finally feel worthy of running this challenge! xDDD This little guy showed up after about 20 SRs this morning... after I had declared that I would spend my whole day SRing for him if I had to. (I'm so happy I don't have to spend my whole day off SRing)

e47951ac-e49a-459d-b4b6-cf7ea74abef4.jpg

@Dyl: Finally you're joining! :P Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually! I just try to do a little every day and it's not as frustrating if you don't get something. xD

Years
I decided to try this challenge out! I haven't shiny hunted in forever and I haven't started heart gold yet so I thought i'd be fun to start it off with something fun!
Game: Heart Gold
I'll post my (slow...) progress whenever I get my shiny starter :P
Thanks Kitori for making this awesome challenge!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
YAAAAAAAAAAAY~! I finally feel worthy of running this challenge! xDDD This little guy showed up after about 20 SRs this morning... after I had declared that I would spend my whole day SRing for him if I had to. (I'm so happy I don't have to spend my whole day off SRing)

Congrats :) Seems a bit unfair that I started so much later and got my starter first, but there is no sign of my second so could be months away :(

Years
Hello everyone congrats on your shiny I will be doing a Badge quest in my heartgold
so far i got my starter(cyndaquil) and a shiny rattata but I 'm not counting it right now I'm hunting for mareep at 6000 or 13000 REs since I got my rattata good luck everyone only using my heartgold to do this badge quest

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Hello everyone congrats on your shiny I will be doing a Badge quest in my heartgold
so far i got my starter(cyndaquil) and a shiny rattata but I 'm not counting it right now I'm hunting for mareep at 6000 or 13000 REs since I got my rattata good luck everyone only using my heartgold to do this badge quest

Cyndaquil is a cool shiny :)

So on a Badge quest you have to get one before EACH gym? That is quite extreme, but could be fun. May try after this run through. Not sure if I will be able to handle it though...

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
@ Kitori: Major congratz on your shiny! About time I'd say haha:D! Very very deserved;). I really wish I could say the same but nope haha.

@ Everyone else that joined: Welcome on this amazing challenge;). I wish you all good luck in your hunts:D

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@ Kitori: Major congratz on your shiny! About time I'd say haha:D! Very very deserved;). I really wish I could say the same but nope haha.

@ Everyone else that joined: Welcome on this amazing challenge;). I wish you all good luck in your hunts:D

It is a really good challenge. Not as hard as a badge quest but still daunting enough! Up to 410 SRs hqving seen 2050 pokemon...

Years
T____T

WHERE ARE YOU SHINY MAREEP

f54wt2.jpg

2nd shiny rattata after 8376 REs
biggrin.gif
really glad something shined even though I already have this I will keep going until mareep is mines!
good luck everyone( especially TSE i think its waiting for you to catch up it won't let me move on until you hatch that eevee!)

Years
AHHHH! I literally jumped up and down for about 2 minutes when I found this little guy!

Shiny totodile after i'm GUESSING 500 SR's or so. Which isn't that bad at all since I thought I'd be here for weeks. SOOOOOOO HAPPY right now haha.

Last edited:

Kitori

Years
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx). ^_^;

@Brickbusterx: Welcome (finally)! AND GRATS ON THE SHINY TOTODILE YAAAY :D

@Cheesecake: Welcome! I've added you to the challenge and congrats on the ratatat! I'm sorry you already have one! I hope mareep shines for you soon. Correct me if I'm wrong... you have 3 shinies in HeartGold right now?

Good luck everyone!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx)

Good luck everyone!

I would be too scared to RE for an abra in case it teleports away....

Kitori

Years
@Paulthagerous: My Monferno knows taunt! It will still be a nerve-racking experience if abra shines, but at least I have a guaranteed few turns before it will escape me. xD Maybe I should go after a pokemon that knows sleep first....

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
@Paulthagerous: My Monferno knows taunt! It will still be a nerve-racking experience if abra shines, but at least I have a guaranteed few turns before it will escape me. xD Maybe I should go after a pokemon that knows sleep first....

Or trade over something that knows Arena Trap or Shadow Tag to swap out if you see it shine? Would that be within the rules if you don't fight with it?

Years
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx). ^_^;

@Brickbusterx: Welcome (finally)! AND GRATS ON THE SHINY TOTODILE YAAAY :D

@Cheesecake: Welcome! I've added you to the challenge and congrats on the ratatat! I'm sorry you already have one! I hope mareep shines for you soon. Correct me if I'm wrong... you have 3 shinies in HeartGold right now?

Good luck everyone!

Yes you are right my starter(quilava) 2 shiny ratatas(more like trolls xD) and now at another 2000 REs since that last rattata for shiny mareep again thanks for the good luck guys it means alot I've been nonstop hunting since I got home from school 6 hours ago. Good luck on your quests :D and congrats on the totodile.

@ kitori I have 3 shinies and 1 badge and be careful with abra I think their only move is teleport you may want to bring a mean look ghastly

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
@Kitori: Hey Kit, I was wondering what have been up to lately:p. I hope you taught your monferno nasty plot since it modest:p. I dunno how serious you take competitive battling or if it intrests you, but I saw you put a post about modest being a bad nature for it. the thing is yes adamant/jolly are the more common ones but modest has it advantages. With nasty plot learning it at lvl22 being a chimchar makes it a good sweeper. Nasty plot, focus blast, fire blast and grass knot would be a perfect coverage;)

@cheesecake: WTF lol already 3 shinies xD, even though you have been trolled like me but then with spearows haha xD.

@Brickbusterx: Nice nature for your shiny totodile!! Very lucky indeed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back