• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I know I have about 5 solos to do, and I will get to them, but since Valentine's Day is coming up, I figured I should do solo runs with...Luvdisc. I hate Luvdisc, so it makes things even worse for me. Since it's a Gen 3 Pokemon, looks like I'm doing four games since I'm not restarting my Pokemon Y for anything.

Username: KoboraX
Pokémon: Luvdisc
Challenge: Single x4
Game: FireRed, Ruby, Platinum (Gonna have to hack it in), White 2 (After I transfer my legends to Y, and I'll be trading a low level Luvdisc over from my Black 2 after I own Cheren)

EDIT: Started FireRed, and I just finished up Nugget Bridge after owning Misty (and her Recover spamming stars). I'll get further later on, but for now, I should get a bit of sleep :P

Team Ruby

luvdisc.png

Cupid (Luvdisc) F Lv. 27 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Tackle, Take Down, Water Pulse, Agility​

Last edited:
Years
Finally had some progress done on Mightyena solo run! Defeated Lt. Surge (Took me two tries - first time I used dig on Raichu but since one of the previous pokes paralyzed me it was impossible to do anything - Ed was either getting fully paralyzed either missed due to double team spam >_> ) - But I made it in second try! Yay for me xD

Current Mightyena status:

262.gif

Ed|Male|Mild Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 36
Tackle
Howl
Dig
Bite

Will update my other runs soon. And I think that you forgot to add my Kingdra solo run on the champion list :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, I'm just about done with my Blastoise run on LeafGreen, but since my friend has been borrowing my DS for the weekend, I decided to do a run on Crystal for Blastoise while I waited. It took about 4 hours.... (lol)

Blastoise:
RNJSooK.png
6leFUds.png
NlTLju3.png

Proof that I beat Red (next time I will take more screenshots for more proof lol):
Spoiler:

Just a disclaimer, I did not mean for Blastoise's name to be Pengas Jr. I was letting my friend name the Squirtle in LeafGreen and he's kind of a pervert, so... But in the end, I decided to stick with it, because it really didn't matter to me.

Hopefully, I'll have LeafGreen done by Tuesday or so. Bye :D

Kyocera

+Sylveon Is UB3R!+
Years
How viable do you guys think a togepi solo challenge in pokemon y would go? Was thinking about it and the moves ancient power, flamethrower, dazzling gleam and psychic could be very lethal, ev trained in sp atk and hp maybe.....not sure just thinking and being weird. Also think a solo run with dedenne would be interesting....

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
How viable do you guys think a togepi solo challenge in pokemon y would go? Was thinking about it and the moves ancient power, flamethrower, dazzling gleam and psychic could be very lethal, ev trained in sp atk and hp maybe.....not sure just thinking and being weird. Also think a solo run with dedenne would be interesting....

Any solo is possible. With your togepi run you just have to be careful, especially at the beginning because I don't think you're planning to get those moves at the start (if you do then it'll be a lot easier, but where's the challenge spirit in that). EV training is a lot easier in X and Y, so that's a great advantage to have, also Pokémon Amie could maybe provide a buff, but I've heard it can be too big of a buff. So again in the spirit of challenges this'll be a though but fun one I think, so go for it. A Dedenne solo run would be mighty fine too... (just saying).

Here is a question, If i want to do a Scizor solo on emerald, How would I go about evolving scyther, could I just put trade evos off and have it evolve at level 30?

That's how I do solo runs with Pokémon that need trading to evolve. Just turn the trade evo's off like you said, if you do it with the universal randomizer scyther should evolve at level 30. There isn't really any other way to do it and if you had the possibility to trade you would, so to me there's no difference.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
My next question would be, What about Eeveelutions because in some games you have to play half of it before you pick up an evo stone. Plus with Umbreon and Espeon sometimes the clocks do not work correctly on roms >.>

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years

As Buzz Buzz said, a solo can be done with pretty much any Pokemon. I'm just waiting for someone to use Magikarp to prove that theory. Using Togepi for a solo should be pretty challenging, especially in the beginning, but is definitely possible. That sounds like a good moveset to help Togepi make it through the game but you will have to wait until you get the TMs in-game. The only moves that a traded/hacked in Pokemon can have are egg moves which none of those are.

As for Dedenne that sounds very interesting to me, seems like something I would like to do in the future :)

My next question would be, What about Eeveelutions because in some games you have to play half of it before you pick up an evo stone. Plus with Umbreon and Espeon sometimes the clocks do not work correctly on roms >.>

As far as Umbreon and Espeon are concerned I'd say it's fine to hack to evolve them. As for the rest of them sadly I have to say you would have to wait until you get the appropriate stone to evolve them. If the stone isn't obtained until most of the game is over then I'd be willing to make an exception but I would need a specific example such as the Eeveelution, the location of the stone, and how much badges you will have before obtaining it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
As Buzz Buzz said, a solo can be done with pretty much any Pokemon. I'm just waiting for someone to use Magikarp to prove that theory.
I believe it is impossible to beat Red/Blue and Yellow solo with Magikarp as Struggle I think is not typeless in gen 1 it is normal but correct me if I'm wrong.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
As Buzz Buzz said, a solo can be done with pretty much any Pokemon. I'm just waiting for someone to use Magikarp to prove that theory.

Well, I know what solo I'm doing after I'm done with a few of the ones I have to do. If I can do solos with two horrible Pokemon (Luvdisc and Ledian) and eventually with the Pokemon with the universe's worst base stats, then Magikarp should be no problem.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Progress for FireRed. I just beat Surge, and I swear, this Luvdisc misses so many attacks, it gets annoying fast.

Team Ruby

luvdisc.png

Cupid (Luvdisc) F Lv. 38 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Moves: Sweet Kiss, Take Down, Water Pulse, Attract​

On another note, I started the Platinum Luvdisc solo. Already up to Eterna and I might try getting further tonight.

Team Delta

luvdisc.png

Attractor (Luvdisc) F Lv. 25 @ Soothe Bell
Nature: Timid
Moves: Take Down, Charm, Water Gun, Return​

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I believe it is impossible to beat Red/Blue and Yellow solo with Magikarp as Struggle I think is not typeless in gen 1 it is normal but correct me if I'm wrong.
Pretty sure someone (InfernoRogue) did it in Gen I by hacking Bubble onto it for Ghosts. Don't think they did any other gens though. Check it out here, although the pics are all gone. http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=11251

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Mew - Silver
Defeated the Elite Four and Champion, so it should be relatively easy and quick here on out.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
151.png

Nova the Mew (/) @ Lv.65
Surf
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Psychic

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Rather than doing my Crystal one with Slowbro like I'm supposed to be, I'm going to start another one. I will get to that one eventually though, I swear. >>

Username: Lost Lore
Pokemon of Choice: Gardevoir
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Fire Red

So going to go make sure the National 'dex is given to me at the start so I'm not stuck with Ralts for the entire challenge (although that sounds nice and difficult, that really isn't my thing), and then there will be grinding... switch grinding. Much of it. Really just until it learns Confusion but nobody tell anyone that...

Spoiler:

...I think I'll leave off there for now~

Stats:
Spr_3r_281.png

Sir Vale the Kirlia, Male, Level 20
Psychic
Modest nature. Met at Lv. 3, Route 1.
Ability: Trace
HP: 49, Attack: 19, Defense: 24, Special Attack: 40, Special Defense: 30, Speed: 34
-Confusion, Teleport, Will-o-Wisp, Double Team

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Decided to start a Houndoom solo run on Soul Silver.

PokemonSoulSilver_55_1217_zps90e5f61c.png

Used a cheat to get him to appear. Caught him and named him Cloud (yes, after the one from FFVII :D )

His stats:
PokemonSoulSilver_53_1602_zpsad7ff1db.png
PokemonSoulSilver_58_1618_zps71816832.png

Did all the early game stuff and got to and beat Falkner.
PokemonSoulSilver_26_6216_zps507a5b10.png

And after a few tries managed to get Bugsy as well.
PokemonSoulSilver_48_13538_zps1db0e21a.png

I stopped once I got to Goldenrod. Cloud's stats thus far:
PokemonSoulSilver_59_15141_zps4ac9a4b1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back