• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
It's a shame that there isn't much of a fuss about the new beta, it's an awesome game ^^

I love the new rematching feature, it's a quick way for me to grind my pokes hehe. And I'm going to assume that the new movesets is similar to 5th generation's learnsets.

Since you took out the Bullet Seed TM but gave it a buff, are you going to distribute Bullet Seed to more pokemon? In 3rd gen, only Sunflora could learn Bullet seed through level

Anyway, i finished the beta, don't mean to advertise but here's me getting the Mystery Gift and showing off my team :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoDqADOM6bg
Cool team, way stronger than the team I finished with lol. I hadn't considered the Bullet Seed thing, which Pokemon do you think should have it as a learnable move?
Just got mah Togepi.
Anyway the only two criticisms I can give are:
1/ Make the sprites smaller. Try Chaos Rush's sprites, or Wesley FG's. They're the same sprites, but around the size of their gen 3 sprites.
2/ Stop making Trainers who walk around I keep thinking they're just normal NPCs :(

I found some bugs too, I'll post screens later. Gotta grind my Togepi first ;)
1. The sprites were all resized by me a long time ago, I don't really plan on changing them, as all of the sprite work is already done.

2. haha this made me chuckle.

Announcement
In a few weeks [right around Christmas time] I will be releasing an update. The update will contain the next Mystery Gift, as well as expand Ouija Tower to the 5th floor, where you meet the special person. Also it will feature a full Ouija Town [complete with unlocked houses], bug fixes and will complete the primary story arc. I'm also willing to make changes if you guys don't mind adding some more feedback. Also this new update will mark the beginning of the Winter Season which means the snowy tiles will take effect. This also means large bodies of water will freeze over, allowing you to slide across the smaller ponds, to reach new areas.
Note: Because the water is now made of ice, surfing is all but disabled during the winter time.

Visual Update coming soon.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
what tools do you guys use to edit roms?
Besides Advance map, advance text, Yape, Ape, and unlz?
How do you guys script?
Do you use pksvui_pkg2-1-1
Uh, extremely off-topic but check the Q&A in the first post, I've already answered that question.

marcc5m

what
Years
1. The sprites were all resized by me a long time ago, I don't really plan on changing them, as all of the sprite work is already done.

Trust me, they really need changed. They are far too big and it's the only thing really that lets this hack down.

Can't wait for the skiing.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Winter, what you meen its summer for meh xD i want waves and sun, becaues i have summer :P

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Just started paying through beta 1 enjoyable so far and I don't find using Squirtle hard what so ever and so far haven't run into anything unusual so pretty good so far.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Just got the 1st badge and haven't noticed anything worth mentioning except the walking trainers who I dodge most of the time but other than that its been fun so far with squirtle.
EDIT:Their is a slight bug where you can walk threw the 2nd gyms last main eletric gate.

Last edited:

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
hi. i have a problem. everytime i patch the beta, it says successful but when i play the game it says fire red version. heres what i did.

apply patch with lunar ips>chose the beta ips>chose the fire red game>patch successful.

any help?

marcc5m

what
Years
hi. i have a problem. everytime i patch the beta, it says successful but when i play the game it says fire red version. heres what i did.

apply patch with lunar ips>chose the beta ips>chose the fire red game>patch successful.

any help?

Titlescreen hasn't been changed yet.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
thats what i thought too so i continued to the characters and they dont look like the ones in the screens. are they not changed too?

i say play up to the part were you can pick your pokemon and if the pokemon are still the ones from the original fire red than, repatchusing a clean rom. i had the same problem some time ago *when i patched beta 1* and i realized it was my rom was not working with it. so try getting a new rom and patch that.

thnks for the update i havnt been on this site due to finals so i just saw the new updated beta 2. dang i wish i came to check this a while bck so i could have goten the togipe event *its already dec 1 :( * . anyway how would i be able 2 get the Mystery Gifts? ive never tried to activate them though the emulator. i cant wait for my semester to finish so i have time and i can finally be able to play this :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I just finished playing the beta release and I have to congratulate you, QM, for making a really fun hack. I remember playing the original version you released quite a while ago and I can tell that this release is far more polished and professional. I also liked how my three rivals played off each other during the showdown in the cave, it was pretty funny and showed how good their group dynamic could be in the future. I think your resized Pokemon sprites look great, but some of your resized trainers seem to be misshapen (e.g the Lass' head).

When I was playing through it, I found a few bugs that should be ironed out before your next release since they're easy to fix.
Spoiler:

Anyway, good work with this mate! I still have my eager eye on this thread :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
i say play up to the part were you can pick your pokemon and if the pokemon are still the ones from the original fire red than, repatchusing a clean rom. i had the same problem some time ago *when i patched beta 1* and i realized it was my rom was not working with it. so try getting a new rom and patch that.

thnks for the update i havnt been on this site due to finals so i just saw the new updated beta 2. dang i wish i came to check this a while bck so i could have goten the togipe event *its already dec 1 :( * . anyway how would i be able 2 get the Mystery Gifts? ive never tried to activate them though the emulator. i cant wait for my semester to finish so i have time and i can finally be able to play this :D
The Mystery Gift's are timed events that happen automatically in the ROM during pre-determined times. The next one happens on Christmas day; Details later.

I just finished playing the beta release and I have to congratulate you, QM, for making a really fun hack. I remember playing the original version you released quite a while ago and I can tell that this release is far more polished and professional. I also liked how my three rivals played off each other during the showdown in the cave, it was pretty funny and showed how good their group dynamic could be in the future. I think your resized Pokemon sprites look great, but some of your resized trainers seem to be misshapen (e.g the Lass' head).

When I was playing through it, I found a few bugs that should be ironed out before your next release since they're easy to fix.
Spoiler:

Anyway, good work with this mate! I still have my eager eye on this thread :)
Fixed them all. Small oversights. The last one isn't too much of a glitch, it happens because the flag for weather [which is what causes people to act differently during the weather] is cleared on the last revolution of that weather cycle, but the weather doesn't stop until the next revolution. I'll fix that one eventually.

I've run into a minor problem with the seasons. The palettes screw up when you leave use the menu until you enter a house [which refreshes the map] and I don't know how to fix it =/ Any ideas would help.

Quick Announcement:
The Togepi event is over, sorry if you missed it but there's is more to come! The next event takes place on Christmas day. It's a one day event that only last's until midnight that night. It's called Golem For The Spring. It's when you get the Golem Ticket which will allow you to travel to Golem Island this Spring. Golem Island is definitely worth it. It's full of tough/rare Pokemon and houses a powerful secret ;).
The second event this month is another one day event entitled Ho-ho Showdown. Details on that will come as the date approaches. That's another worthwhile event.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The Mystery Gift's are timed events that happen automatically in the ROM during pre-determined times. The next one happens on Christmas day; Details later.
thnk for the info.

Quick Announcement:
The Togepi event is over, sorry if you missed it but there's is more to come! The next event takes place on Christmas day. It's a one day event that only last's until midnight that night. It's called Golem For The Spring. It's when you get the Golem Ticket which will allow you to travel to Golem Island this Spring. Golem Island is definitely worth it. It's full of tough/rare Pokemon and houses a powerful secret ;).
The second event this month is another one day event entitled Ho-ho Showdown. Details on that will come as the date approaches. That's another worthwhile event.
sweet cant wait sounds cool. il be sure to play this soon & not miss anymore events :D

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
Years
I've been playing for a few days now and one thing really bugs me is the shading on some of the sprites. the first one I noticed it with is my Quilava. I know it sounds like nit picking, but the shading on it's back just looks off. You could always have used the pallet from the RSE or FrLg games as opposed to just removing some colors. I'm going to try and devamp the Quilava of the 4th gen to try show what I mean and post it along with the one in the game.

Other than that, it's a very good hack and quite fun to play. One of the best I've seen so far. Keep up the good work as both me and my wife are waiting for the next installment. :)

Lucario Rift

Pokemon Expert
Years
Hey awesome game just finished the alpha of your game. I cnt wait 4 the update. By the way, when the next update comes will I be able 2 keep my save data frm the alpha version? And which is your latest release also? Thanx in advance.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
Really enjoying this game, the beta is brilliant so far. Can't wait for the story to continue so I can climb the tower and see what terror awaits me.

I had to read the entire thread to figue out that I couldn't go any further, I spent a good hour trying to ascend the tower in Oujia Town, haha!

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
At the beginning of the game for the Alpha when ever i exit my house all i get is a black screen but the music continues playing, and ive re-patched the game any ideas on what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back