• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends (working title)

Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?

• Hoenn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scompi

Hey everyone. Not much discussion lately on the newest beta. Why not? Was it really that bad, that you'd rather say nothing? I need some suggestions and/or feedback to work with. Either some suggestions on what to do after the end of the Beta(whether to go back to Johto, etc.), and/or things to change before the end of the beta. Oh and a couple more things:

-When you find a bug, I'd really appreciate it if you used my websites bug report form. You know, it just keeps things more organized. Or else I'd have to look in this thread, my other thread, my website and my PM's. Thanks.

-I'm not advertising btw, but just trying to get the most feedback and suggestions as possible. So if you get a chance, you could write a review on Pokemon Legends using, once again, a form on my website called review form. Thanks, again.

Well, hope everyone's had a chance to play it and for those who haven't yet, I hope you do.

Thanks, Scompi.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
well i am playing the hack right now, and it is going great.

but in the home-town when i talk to the little girl and she moves everything is normal. but when i go under the sign to read it the one half is above me, not below.

Scompi

how come you cant catch pkmn in sinnoh?you get to go there,but only to get hm06.

Which types of pokemon would be catchable there? Sinnoh pokemon won't be making an appearance in Pokemon Legends, so they're off the list. Plus, your not there long enough to look for wild pokemon and catch them. So there won't be any Pokemon catchable in Sinnoh(so far, anything can happen). But thank you for the suggestion and HM06 will be a vital item, later in the game(as it is in most games).

Thanks, Scompi.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I would like to help out with the game Scompi. I posted a thingy on the website but I'm not sure if it worked.

KyGon

Master Charizard Trainer
Years
Which types of pokemon would be catchable there? Sinnoh pokemon won't be making an appearance in Pokemon Legends, so they're off the list. Plus, your not there long enough to look for wild pokemon and catch them. So there won't be any Pokemon catchable in Sinnoh(so far, anything can happen). But thank you for the suggestion and HM06 will be a vital item, later in the game(as it is in most games).

Thanks, Scompi.

your welcome, i was just wondering is all.i also sent a bug report thing on your website.its nothing major.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Yay! Beta 2.5! *Woot* Im going to play it here in alittle bit. Great Job so far Scompi! I had a question.. Will there be any Sinnoh Pokes? I will still love it if there aren't, but I was wondering if you would..

Great Job so far, and Good Luck with the rest!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

Well, a few things:

If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say :P

I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)
whatsthoseppldoingtherecx6.png

Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...
savedwhiletrisstilltj7.png

Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

Well, a few things:

If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say :P

I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)
whatsthoseppldoingtherecx6.png

Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...
savedwhiletrisstilltj7.png

Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)

I mentioned them to Scompi while Beta testing.(most things are text that needs editing)
He said he would fix them in the next beta.

Scompi

Thanks everyone and its great to hear that a lot of people are starting to play it now. Those bugs everyone's mentioned, they will be fixed in the next BETA, as stated by Dirk123. But for now, they will be put on the Bugs list.

As for Sinnoh's future(in Pokemon Legends), as asked by many people, I doubt that any more of Sinnoh will be making an appearance. Since it will be hard to make it flow nicely in the story. And another reason why Sinnoh isn't in, and its a very BIG reason, because Sinnoh wasn't even developed yet, it was just discovered(in Pokemon Legends). And the part of Sinnoh you do get to travel to is in fact, Spear Pilar, in it's earlier ages.

BTW Pokemon Legends takes place after R/S/E and right before D/P, perhaps a prequel to D/P and an idea of how Sinnoh was made.

Thanks, Scompi.

Scompi

How sinnoh was made.... wtf does that mean

What does it mean? :sleeping: It probably means how Sinnoh was developed, found, formed. It could mean a lot of things.

BTW, new banner. I made this one. Please put this one, or the other two in the first post, in your sig if you support Pokemon Legends. Thanks.

bannerdq0.png

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?

Last edited:

Scompi

Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?

Hoenn, I highly doubt. Kanto, could, I can't say right now. Hoenn, actually could...Since someone, or some people(other than Brendan), will be in the game.

BIG HINT, you could call it a spoiler. I guess:

Spoiler:

And thats about it...Whew. Getting interesting?

Thanks, Scompi.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Wowz! Your really going out there with your Story! I like! Good Luck on whatever your doing now. This just keeps getting better... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back