• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intelligence

The return
Years
I had this question for months now. I have all 7 Silver symbols in Emerald's Battle Frontier, so what would happen if I went for a gold symbol and lost at one of the trainers? Would I begin from trainer number one or begin halfway?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I had this question for months now. I have all 7 Silver symbols in Emerald's Battle Frontier, so what would happen if I went for a gold symbol and lost at one of the trainers? Would I begin from trainer number one or begin halfway?

You would go right back to the start and have to do the whole thing over again, but this time you don't have the battle where you would get the silver symbol.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
hi :) i've researched this question online but it didn't really seem to help me =/

Can you force Chansey to learn Seismic Toss on Emerald? :3

thank you for your future help ^_^

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I'm not sure what you mean by force but in Emerald Version chansey can be taught seismic toss by the move tutor in the battle frontier for 42 battle points. Alternatively there is a move tutor in the Pewter Museum in Fire Red/Leaf Green that will do it for free, albeit only once.

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
Is the Berry Glitch a Hardware Problem?

My friend has tried fixing the berry glitch by linking up his RS to FRLGE but he says that it does not work on his cartridge despite following the instructions. Does this mean that the internal battery has really run dry and not because of a software bug? If so, what type of battery do we need to purchase to replace the internal battery? Thanks a million.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
The Berry glitch usually occurs after playing your RS game for over 100 hours or after a year of owning the game. I don't think it has anything to do with the 'internal battery' but even if it does, the solution is not to buy a new one.

Make sure your friend has followed the instructions carefully and try linking up with other games such as Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

If you think you've tried everything you can about this, you can always contact Nintendo and send your cartridge to them as a final resort.z

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Please I have been trying to find a good team for days and my old thread was locked. It was because I posted in the wrong section. Sydian told me that this would be better asked here. So good team for pokemon emerald, able to get in-game, no legendarys.
PM me/post below. (I don't know how it works here)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd definitely consider starting with Torchic, since Blaziken is probably the best Fire type in the game. Lots of good Pokemon in this region, though. Gardevoir, Ludicolo, Manectric, Flygon, Salamence, Absol, Milotic (if you wanna bother with catching a Feebas), Walrein, tons. It's really up to you though. The other starters aren't too bad either I suppose, but I personally find Blaziken the easiest to use and the strongest.

Is that good enough, or would you like more suggestions?

Years
Please I have been trying to find a good team for days and my old thread was locked. It was because I posted in the wrong section. Sydian told me that this would be better asked here. So good team for pokemon emerald, able to get in-game, no legendarys.
PM me/post below. (I don't know how it works here)

As Sydian said, consider Torchic for your starter as Blaziken is so strong. It may be weak against the first gym but it won't be a problem if you evolve it by then.

Gardevoir is probably the best to consider for a Psychic-type cos it has a good moveset.

Ludicolo and Milotic are great Water-types to have, although Ludicolo is better since Feebas are so rare.

Sydian also mentioned Manectric, it's a good choice for an Electric-type plus I used one in Ruby and she was one of my powerhouses.

Walrein is nice for a great Water-Ice attacker, because Dragons are so hard to take down without Ice-types. Walrein is also very bulky too, and if you get one with Ice Body, you should give it Hail.

For a good Pokemon for a Grass or Fighting slot, you can't go better than Breloom - I also used one in Ruby and it can hit hard plus it has the Effect Spore ability for disrupting opponents. You can catch Shroomish in the Petalburg Woods plus being Grass-type, it can help you in the first gym. But make sure Breloom has a Rock/Ice/Electric Hidden Power to counter that 4x Flying weakness.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
Hey guys. I have Leaf green for the VBA. And I'm stuck. I have 7 badges, I've gone to the four islands, I have some legendaries, I've beat giovanni in his gym, and in silph co, but It won't let me go inside sabrina's gym. Any suggestions? I also never beat Gary in the Ship out side of vermilion, and I can't beat him in silph co. He's just there. He won't even acknowledge me. and Giovanni is at silphco too, but I have already beat him, and the CEO guy thanks me when I talk to him. Anything I can do? I also never had to get the tea to get into saffron. I also noticed I have a bad egg..

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds like...your game is bad to the max. Did you use cheats to bypass those few battles? Cause that's the only thing I can think of, unless you got a bad ROM.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
I did use cheats. Like the masterball, money, vitamins. and wild pokemon encounter. I really wanted all the starters and all eevees. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a scrub, it's just that I've beat this game about 5 times, fairly, and I wanna get to all the rares in the islands quickly. I trained all the pokemon that I got from the gameshark myself from about level 3-5. I never used any 1 hit ko, or anything like that. but since I didn't go in order, I didn't get cut till after I beat giovanni in silph co... and at the time, I didn't notice that gary was there, and I moved on to giovanni. So I've only faced gary twice by the road to indigo plateau near viridian, and at the start of the game. I never fought him at silph co or at the SS Anne in Vermilion... What do I do? I don't want to start a new game...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you went to things out of order and skipped over parts and went without Cut, then you've pretty much screwed yourself over, I think. :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
Problem with my Leaf Green

Ok, well Lorelei (The Elite 4 Member) has left the Elite 4 again? Like she's left before and I already did the quests and she came back but I beat the Elite 4 like 10 more times and I come back and she's not there? I've looked on Island 4 and everything like you were supposed to the FIRST time she left but she's not there? I really don't understand why she left on my game AGAIN but if anyone knows please how to get her back please notify me.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Internal Battery

Alright, I have Pokemon Ruby. And I know that sooner or later, it's internal battery is going to die. And I've heard that if that happens, the RNG(Random Number Generator) will freeze in place, and clock based events will no longer happen. So no more day/night. Now, I think I might know how to change it when that happens, however, it is kind of risky. After all, a wrong move might render the game unplayable. So before my battery dies, any tips on replacing it or making it last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back