• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I should pop SS back in... I forgot where I'm at in it though. ;_; Once I got used to the controls and realized that my flailing around... was the problem, I loved the crap out of it. Just got busy and the Wii isn't hooked up right now. Bah, life.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm gonna have SS on my birthday list. :) I'm finally ready to play a new Zelda game haha. And I'd love to see your fanart, Kotowari! :)

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Sorry I've been gone so long! I have much to catch up on. So anyways, welcome... ~Harmony,NV, olli97,Iloveeevee, Algo Fonix, 8bitsilence, Miss Doronjo, Madam Cheezy, コナンくん, and Spinosaurus. Whew! I will update the members list soon.

Anyways, I'd have to say my favorite incarnation of Link is either TP Link or WW Link. LOL, I just got a shirt with TP Link on it, so it's probably him. I've worn that shirt three days in a row. XD

My favorite Zelda is definetley SS Zelda, for the reasons alot of you guys said. She takes a big part in the story, going on her own adventure and helping in her own way. Also, I like her design alot more than others.

The hardest LoZ boss for me was probably Ghirahim in the first battle. I had just got SS, so he wasn't very easy to beat. However, in the Thunder Dragon's challenge thing, I beat him in under a minute. Not so difficult now.

The easiest... Probably Koloktos. I don't know why, but this battle was very simple to me. The only difficult part of it is remembering what button to press to pull out my whip. :)

Wow, Kotowari, That art is absolutely stunning! I can draw, but I wish I could color and shade as well as you! Great job!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome back Jacinth, have fun updating the list :p

That's some really nice art you have there Kotowari, you've really got a talent there :o I'm really in love with the Battle of Fates one. It's got so much detail and great colouring, and though I don't know who Kanda is, it looks to be a pretty intense battle. I'd love to see some more fanart from you :>

And great Sydian! I hope you'll get it, and I hope you won't be disappointed. I personally really liked the game, and was glued to it for such a long time. Though Spino's right that there was quite a lot of backtracking, especially when you had to go through a dungeon for a second time, just obtain a bottle of special water, which was super annoying because I just wanted to progress. I also felt like there was less adventuring in it compared to other Zelda games, since you're restricted to 4 different types of areas only, and your only connection between them are the sky. I enjoyed flying around up there, but having to go back and forth between the 3 mainland areas just became really annoying later on.

Though despite that, it was a really fun game overall, especially the boss battles. So yeah, something to look forward to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
The easiest... Probably Koloktos. I don't know why, but this battle was very simple to me. The only difficult part of it is remembering what button to press to pull out my whip. :)

Wow, Kotowari, That art is absolutely stunning! I can draw, but I wish I could color and shade as well as you! Great job!

Haha, that sounds familiar. |D I know I missed a few opportunities to pull off an arm because I kept pressing the wrong button.
I loved the temple though. It wasn't dark and gloomy like some of the others.

Thank you very much. ^^

That's some really nice art you have there Kotowari, you've really got a talent there :o I'm really in love with the Battle of Fates one. It's got so much detail and great colouring, and though I don't know who Kanda is, it looks to be a pretty intense battle. I'd love to see some more fanart from you :>

Thank you very much, Olli97. As you might have read in the artist's comments, I'm very proud of this one. I think it's a step up from my usual work. Kanda is my favourite Anime/manga character, but since this isn't a D.Gray-man fanclub, I'm afraid I can't go into detail as to why. ;3 I'm sure that is also not something you're dying to know. Oh, if you'd like that, that can be taken care of. I have another piece which is almost finished (I'm finishing up a bunch which was left untouched during my exams). I could show you that one, if you want.

And great Sydian! I hope you'll get it, and I hope you won't be disappointed. I personally really liked the game, and was glued to it for such a long time. Though Spino's right that there was quite a lot of backtracking, especially when you had to go through a dungeon for a second time, just obtain a bottle of special water, which was super annoying because I just wanted to progress. I also felt like there was less adventuring in it compared to other Zelda games, since you're restricted to 4 different types of areas only, and your only connection between them are the sky. I enjoyed flying around up there, but having to go back and forth between the 3 mainland areas just became really annoying later on.

Though despite that, it was a really fun game overall, especially the boss battles. So yeah, something to look forward to.

Compared to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, The surface seemed lot less expanded (vast) than the Hyrule (specially TP's) and Termina. But because there was so much detail to the environment, I didn't mind walking around. Some places in Hyrule and Termina of the earlier games just looked bland and uninteresting... but that meant that you could ride your horse (specially in TP) for long distances. SS doesn't need that anymore, since everything's pretty close together... but there are quite a lot of details in this "cramped" (exaggerated) space, which makes the short-distance exploring much more fun. But "venturing" into unknown areas is pretty much non-existant once you visited all the secondary areas.

Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!

Thank you very much, Sydian. : > Tutorial ungame? It's pretty fun. 8D;;;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ooooh, I saw those Ocarina of Time mangas at Books A Million today! Along with Four Swords and Majora's Mask. Of course I was only interested in OoT really haha. I'm considering going back and buying them when I get paid this week and getting that awesome Tails plushie even though I'm awful at Sonic. But are they really worth it? I mean, I have ummmm like 5/6 year old manga in my room that I haven't touched in years, plus I don't read books or manga like I used to so idk if I should get them. I'm really interested though since Link actually talks in them and Ocarina of Time is like...the apple of my eye. My Zelda eye. mmm. lol

So yeah thoughts?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'd say go for it. I'm one of those fans who likes the manga quite a lot. : > Even if Viz classified them as "Child" Manga, I still find them an enjoyable read. I don't have any complaint about the manga, except that sometimes it goes a little fast. But that's to be expected if you throw a 60h game into a 2 volume (for OoT, 1 vol for the rest) manga. I quite enjoy the artstyle of Akira Himekawa.
They follow the games pretty closely, but give their own little twist to the major events in the game (e.g. Volvagia's curse and the fact that Dark Link is faught in Kakariko, not in the Water Temple) and give explanations for some of the details that weren't mentioned in the game (like Adult Link's earrings).
I own the OoT volumes, as well as MC and OoA (Raven <3) and they're all pretty good. I kind of want to get my hands on MM, FS and ALttP, which I remember being very good.

To be honest, my liking for Ocarina Link is mainly based on his characterisation in the manga. He doesn't have as much personality in the game as some of the other Links, but the manga makes up quite a bit for that.
I was hoping they'd do a TP manga (as were the mangaka), but for some reason they couldn't make one. : < They did, however, make a short SS-prequel manga which got published in Hyrule Historia. That was pretty nice. :'D and now my drama lovestory between the First Hero and the Goddess Hylia is complete

Spoiler:

Raven is like my favourite non-game LOZ character. |3

On a manga-related note, someone's making a fanime of the "Triforce of the Gods" manga (aka ALttP), I thought I'd share the trialer here:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, being the big OoT nut I am, I think I'll go for it once I get paid. :) It was busy today so that means more money anyway. n_n Yay. But yeah the thing that interested me the most was that Link actually talked. I was like "OMG YAY YOU'RE NOT MUTE! <3" OMG I'd love to know where the earrings came from too. DON'T TELL ME. lol I've always thought they looked awesome, even though I don't particularly like it when guys irl have earrings. That makes no sense. Maybe it's just because of how Link is dressed and it kinda goes.

And awwww I should get you the MM and FS manga cause it's at the Books A Million I went to! what if ben is in the mm manga ;) jk

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I've been mulling over buying the manga for a while now. >_> If I'm not mistaken... didn't they release a boxed set with a special box and everything last year? YES THEY DID WOO. Man, if I have some spare money in the next few months... that's tempting. :|

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
LOL. Well, I got paid yesterday, but this weekend is tax free weekend, so I assume that means school clothes shopping so I think I will do that THEN get the OoT manga. XD Hopefully the tax free applies to Books A Million as well. :3c

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The only manga I've ever read through is DB/Z, since I've never really been that much into manga, so I'm probably not gonna get it. I tend to stay on the game side of the Zelda franchise too, since the Zelda cartoon really didn't appeal to me at all lol. Honestly, the only manga I ever knew about related to Zelda was the Minish Cap manga, though I guess there's much more to it than I thought.

droomph

weeb
Years
but the thought of toon link makes me join

Username: take a look up there hon
Favorite LoZ game: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Lessay courage cuz the other two are butt.

Dunno really. Maybe I'll get into it in the future but as of now I'm not gonna read anything really.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Sorry for my absense. I was on holiday and I've been playing Okami way too much since I'm back. |D I got the four swords pt1 manga from a friend, so that's on more manga I can scratch off my list. What amused me the most from that manga, are the expressions of the five Links (Green, Red, Vio, Blue and Shadow). They're quite hilarious from time to time. It's also the only (Akira Himekawa) manga where Link's dark counterpart gets a major role in the plot.

@Olli97: From what I get the Zelda cartoon wasn't very faithful to its source material, whereas the manga (at least by some authors) is a very good game adaptation. As mentioned earlier though, the pace is sometimes a bit too fast... But that's what you get when the majority of the actual dungeon and overworld exploring/backtracking/etc (which slows down the games) is not included because it's hard to turn into a story that stays entertaining.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Username: UV or Violencia, I guess.
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask! I personally think it's better than Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: POWAAAH

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Username: Dcjboi
Favorite LoZ game: Between Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: Courage
What is your favorite character, and why? Kid Link because my favorite games feature him.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina for sure but I also enjoyed the wolf howling and the instruments of the sages in Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? Kid Link. Tetra Zelda because she is the most helpful and the most interesting one to me.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? Easiest boss was probably the first in Oot. The hardest would probably be the one from the shadow temple in Oot.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Please fill in the form if you're planning on joining, Baloth. : >
For the others, be welcome in this Legend of Zelda fanclub~

I agree with Gohma being the easiest Zelda boss. The first time playing OoT she's a bit of a challenge as you still need to get used to controls. Yes, I GO'd in the Deku Tree on my first and second play-through. But every other time, she's very, very, very easy. Other first bosses tend to give me a (small) challenge during every playthrough (like Dia Baba and the WW's first boss). But Gohma only takes 5 minutes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back