• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkgod21

wannabe scripter
Years
yes/no trouble XSE

okay this is in emerald and in XSE and the aim of the script is that a mew sprite asks to join the player in a yes/no box if the player says yes mew joins him and disapears from the overworld. the problem is that i always get a negative message. i didnt read all of the thread (but come on it would take days to read 217 pages.) so if there is an answer simply quote,
thanks in advance.

P.S:i already tried putting 0x0 instead of 0x1 and it didnt work.

Spoiler:

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
okay this is in emerald and in XSE and the aim of the script is that a mew sprite asks to join the player in a yes/no box if the player says yes mew joins him and disapears from the overworld. the problem is that i always get a negative message. i didnt read all of the thread (but come on it would take days to read 217 pages.) so if there is an answer simply quote,
thanks in advance.

P.S:i already tried putting 0x0 instead of 0x1 and it didnt work.

Spoiler:

Try this script:

Spoiler:

I put in bold what you missed out.

Also, when you select 'yes', the Mew just dissapears and you gain control of the player again. You should add a msgbox that says "Mew joined your party!" or something/

And make sure to, in Advance Map, on the Mew sprite, look for Person ID and change it to 1005.

Oh, Collen and Spherical Ice, thanks for the help :)

--Post merge--

Now I'm having trouble..

This script asks the player if they have a Good Rod (obviously not) - if they say yes, the fisherman calls them lucky and the script ends. If they say no, the player gets a Old Rod and a message appears which will appear if you talk to him afterwards. The problem is, if the player chooses they do have a Good Rod and talk to him, the message that should appear after the player gets an Old Rod appears, and they can't get to the option selection again.

Script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Now I'm having trouble..

This script asks the player if they have a Good Rod (obviously not) - if they say yes, the fisherman calls them lucky and the script ends. If they say no, the player gets a Old Rod and a message appears which will appear if you talk to him afterwards. The problem is, if the player chooses they do have a Good Rod and talk to him, the message that should appear after the player gets an Old Rod appears, and they can't get to the option selection again.

Script:
Spoiler:

Maybe it's because you forgot to add the 'end' command?
Code:
#org @lucky
msgbox @lucky2 0x6
release
[COLOR="Red"]end[/COLOR]

If that doesn't work, then I am not sure.
Your script looks really fine.

Last edited:

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015

Maybe it's because you forgot to add the 'end' command?
Code:
#org @lucky
msgbox @lucky2 0x6
release
[COLOR="Red"]end[/COLOR]

If that doesn't work, then I am not sure.
Your script looks really fine.

I originally had end but I removed it because I thought that was causing the problem.

Just tried it again, still not working :S

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I originally had end but I removed it because I thought that was causing the problem.

Just tried it again, still not working :S

Remove the command "compare LASTRESULT 0x1" in the @begin address...

Years
I started editing fire red last week. But now I'm trying to make a more complex script.
I don't know how to though. Could someone help me?

I'm using Pokemon Script Editor IDE ...idk what it is.I just make the scripts and make sure I don't mess up.
I also have advance math and all the things that come with elite map.

p.s. to be more specific , i want a person to say something right after i walk into the building,then 6 others surround me,steel all my things and pokemon, a pikachu walk into the building, shoot the 7 others,the screen go black, then comes back with 7different sprites(that look like dead people),get all my stuff back,finally,the pikachu leaves and the scene is over.

Last edited:

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I started editing fire red last week. But now I'm trying to make a more complex script.
I don't know how to though. Could someone help me?

I'm using Pokemon Script Editor IDE ...idk what it is.I just make the scripts and make sure I don't mess up.
I also have advance math and all the things that come with elite map.

p.s. to be more specific , i want a person to say something right after i walk into the building,then 6 others surround me,steel all my things and pokemon, a pikachu walk into the building, shoot the 7 others,the screen go black, then comes back with 7different sprites(that look like dead people),get all my stuff back,finally,the pikachu leaves and the scene is over.

If you only started a week ago, you should try out XSE. It's more easier to use, user friendly, and has a built-in scripting guide.

As for your script, I don't think you can get 6 people to surround you (as there is only space for five people to go around you when you are at the entrance of a building). If by you mean Pikachu shooting with graphics, that would be very hard to implement (if possible). Taking away your Pokemon is not possible very hard, but seeing as it is a scene then you could just pretend it took your stuff away.

So yes, it is possible.

Also, if you choose to do XSE you should check out diegoisawesome's massive tutorial about XSE.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, I was planning on just adding text that said "They jacked ur stuff".no not with actual graphics of him shooting, just a sprite of him with a gun and then text that says chk chk BOOM. I don't know how to make the acual script. Like, what do I type in,command wise?

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Yeah, I was planning on just adding text that said "They jacked ur stuff".no not with actual graphics of him shooting, just a sprite of him with a gun and then text that says chk chk BOOM. I don't know how to make the acual script. Like, what do I type in,command wise?

Have a look at the thread I linked you to - everything you need to know to make your script is there. Start my looking at the first few scripts, understand what all the basic commands mean, and you'll soon be able to understand enough to be able to do your script :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Weird clone thing

i'm prety sure its a scripting error but i have no idea where
Game:ruby
Editor:pksvui 2.1.1
i tried to make a gym, all it contains is 2 warp points (to outside) two normal trainers, and the gym leader, all the scripts are as bare and limeted as can be strait from the templates for the trainers i will put the script for the gym leader in a minuet.
so when i enter the gym the first person sees me and chalanges me, i win but i am frozen, the camera is still centered on my sprite, and the gym leaders sprite has turned into mine which i can control as if it were me! anybody know what could have possibly gone wrong?
the gym leader's is:
Spoiler:

but before i compile it it looks like this:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Ok, so I have started using Pokescript instead of A text to change what people say since a text has the habit of everything running over. Here is my problem. In fire red, in the viridian city pokemon center there are three people(excluding the nurse) a boy with a cap, a boy without a cap, and an old man at the table. (this is in the game, not hacked.) For the boy with the cap I made him explain the pokemon center. The old man is explaining the pc. His words are, "You can use that pc in the corner for free." The boy without the cap was suppose to say something funny about how the pokemon center can't heal pokemon for free cause they started going broke and stuff. But in the game he is saying the same thing the old man says about using the pc for free. and at the end of what the boy without a cap says there is a "n" with a "~" directly over it. This "n" is not in the old mans saying and I didn't not put that in the script. For some reason the boy without a cap did not say what I put into his script. All three people have different offsets so I know i didn't accidentally paste one into the wrong one.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Ok, so I have started using Pokescript instead of A text to change what people say since a text has the habit of everything running over. Here is my problem. In fire red, in the viridian city pokemon center there are three people(excluding the nurse) a boy with a cap, a boy without a cap, and an old man at the table. (this is in the game, not hacked.) For the boy with the cap I made him explain the pokemon center. The old man is explaining the pc. His words are, "You can use that pc in the corner for free." The boy without the cap was suppose to say something funny about how the pokemon center can't heal pokemon for free cause they started going broke and stuff. But in the game he is saying the same thing the old man says about using the pc for free. and at the end of what the boy without a cap says there is a "n" with a "~" directly over it. This "n" is not in the old mans saying and I didn't not put that in the script. For some reason the boy without a cap did not say what I put into his script. All three people have different offsets so I know i didn't accidentally paste one into the wrong one.

Try separating the offsets by at least 100. For example, make the boy with a cap's offset

$800100

and the old man's

$800200

Or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
how do you edit the options it gives you for a multibox in a script i have it to where the professor in my game walks up to the charecters says what he is supposed to say and then it gives me a multibox which it is supposed to do i just want to edit the multibox to say the starters for my game and then i need to know how to assign the starters so that when you click on houdour it gives you a houndour and when you click on ralts it gives you a ralts and the same for heracross. any help is greatly appreciated!

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
how do you edit the options it gives you for a multibox in a script i have it to where the professor in my game walks up to the charecters says what he is supposed to say and then it gives me a multibox which it is supposed to do i just want to edit the multibox to say the starters for my game and then i need to know how to assign the starters so that when you click on houdour it gives you a houndour and when you click on ralts it gives you a ralts and the same for heracross. any help is greatly appreciated!

Try using this tool:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243328

If it doesn't work, try finding another tool or just put three Poke Balls like in the normal games for you to choose a starter from.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Try separating the offsets by at least 100. For example, make the boy with a cap's offset

$800100

and the old man's

$800200

Or something like that.

I suppose I could just keep doing that. Start with something and keep going with 100 intervals but won't I eventually run into an offset that is already being used for something else? Free space finder and the offset search in pokescript find offsets for you but in no specific order. Right?
The offsets for each person is:
Boy with cap: 802091
boy without: 801125
old man: 16A2E1

How much more farther off do I need to be? O.o lol

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I suppose I could just keep doing that. Start with something and keep going with 100 intervals but won't I eventually run into an offset that is already being used for something else? Free space finder and the offset search in pokescript find offsets for you but in no specific order. Right?
The offsets for each person is:
Boy with cap: 802091
boy without: 801125
old man: 16A2E1

How much more farther off do I need to be? O.o lol

Use HackMew's tool called Free Space Finder or FSF for you to search for available free space, or use a Hex Editor to manually search for free space.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
#dynamic 0x722565

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @poke
boxset 0x5
if 0x1 goto @give
release
end

'-----------------------
#org @end
end

#org @give
lock
showpokepic 0xE4 0x10 0x3
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0xE4 0x6 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @given
boxset 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @poke
= Would you like HOUNDOUR the\nDARK and FIRE-TYPE pokemon?

#org @given
= \v\h01 recieved HOUNDOUR!

i cannot figure out why this script wont work. i wanted it to be where it asks you if you want the pokemon and if you say yes if gives you that pokemon but i doesn't give you teh pokemon and it doesn't setflag 828

#dynamic 0x722565

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @poke
boxset 0x5
if 0x1 goto @give
release
end

'-----------------------
#org @end
end

#org @give
lock
showpokepic 0xE4 0x10 0x3
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0xE4 0x6 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @given
boxset 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x828

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @poke
= Would you like HOUNDOUR the\nDARK and FIRE-TYPE pokemon?

#org @given
= \v\h01 recieved HOUNDOUR!

i cannot figure out why this script wont work. i wanted it to be where it asks you if you want the pokemon and if you say yes if gives you that pokemon but i doesn't give you teh pokemon and it doesn't setflag 828

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back