• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Has anyone tried to edit the movement permissions in advance map? I was wondering if it was possible to make a new permission that would only allow a character to go on the tile if they had a certain item like the acro bike in ruby.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The Acro bike thing was a Tile Behaviour, not a Movement Permission. But I suppose with the right knowledge of where to look and what oes what it could be possible...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I was wondering if a name change change in the middle of the game would be possible?
I really don't consider that useful.. but meh.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Has anyone tried to edit the movement permissions in advance map? I was wondering if it was possible to make a new permission that would only allow a character to go on the tile if they had a certain item like the acro bike in ruby.
That would be a real waiste of time, considering you can just make a script that checks the item the player has.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2017
hi, so i was thinking of a way to make pokemon even better. and so my thought is, what if when your pokemon levels up it gets a certain amount of skill points, and you could put those skill points into some of its stats. i want to know if this is possiable? and if so someone should help me do it :) even though i know nothing about hacking, so... please help!!!!

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
it's a behaviour byte as mentioned previously there is no need for scripts or anything, don't really waste ur time and just use the behaviour byte (much faster)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
hi, so i was thinking of a way to make pokemon even better. and so my thought is, what if when your pokemon levels up it gets a certain amount of skill points, and you could put those skill points into some of its stats. i want to know if this is possiable? and if so someone should help me do it :) even though i know nothing about hacking, so... please help!!!!

I don't think this is possible, and i don't think anyone would help you figure out.
If it was possible, it'd require ASM hacking.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years

huh? you mean EVs? You get them when you level up. And they do go into stats.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
huh? you mean EVs? You get them when you level up. And they do go into stats.

I think he is on about a feature that is typical in most Adventure RPG's like Oblivion and Fallout 3, and Runescape (Ergh) and Titan Quest etc., as in you can choose which stat's get increased with these special points, not dependant on Pokemon faced, or EV's received.

ASM is your answer, I think my friend.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I'm planning to change the Pokedex entries in my hack. I was wondering, has anyone done that before?
A lot of people, actually. I've seen a few here and there, mostly people that only include a certain amount of pokemon from all three generations, without following a certain pattern.

And so they need to put the 'starter' on the first entry, etc.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
A lot of people, actually. I've seen a few here and there, mostly people that only include a certain amount of pokemon from all three generations, without following a certain pattern.

And so they need to put the 'starter' on the first entry, etc.
Nonononono, that's not what I meant. I mean the Pokedex text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back