• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I actually kinda like the traditional rodents/birds. Most of em are pretty neet looking. And really i'm up for any type combo GF comes up with as long as they dont nerf the starters' potential with bad stats or movepool

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
...Doesn't help that I don't live in the US.... And I did do a price check. It was cheaper for me to get Black and White off eBay then to buy them at the store.
Also, when I said ~$70, I meant AU money. Sorry, I didn't realise the price difference
Ah. And of course, with region locking, you have to buy the version that costs more. That sucks.

I mean, our $39.99 game costs $41.81 there as of right now. But they will up the price to cover their shipping costs and so on, and by the time you're done, it's $70.

Cyclone

Years
I actually kinda like the traditional rodents/birds. Most of em are pretty neet looking. And really i'm up for any type combo GF comes up with as long as they dont nerf the starters' potential with bad stats or movepool

Yeah, they always like to include a traditional early-route rodent and bird like Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat and Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove before it.

Also, I'd love the 6th Gen starters even more if they get awesome stats and wide movepools. While the 5th Gen starters may look awesome, they were sadly nerfed with bad stats or movepools. *cough* Serperior *cough*.

Could be a late tradition. Most annoying thing about Fire/Fighting, all the needless complaints. No one complains when other type comboes are done. Like Normal/Flying which is one of the most used. Only reason it gets so much flack is because its on a starter Pokemon. But then again we've had a bunch of pures who are only complained about when compared to the others.

I'm kinda hopin for Fire/Fighting mostly cause I don't want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic, doesn't help that I'm expecting Fennekin to be a forbidden love child of Snivy and Flareon. Making it Fire/Psychic, possibility of Gamefreak trolling and making it Physical based Pokemon with hardly any worth while physical attacks, and completely ruining its stat/move lists making it look good only for pre-release and suck horribly upon use.

Another reason I hope Fire/Fighting...cause I really want Froakie to be Water/Flying.

I guess the reason people got sick of Fire/Fighting starters was they thought Blaziken was awesome, Infernape was alright, but then when Emboar came, they thought the typing lost its luster and they thought Game Freak was favoring that combination for the Fire Starters' typing too much. Probably cos the Fighting-type cuts down the Stealth Rock weakness. But if they give Fennekin's evolutions part-Psychic it would have even more weaknesses than Charizard, but unlike Charizard it wouldn't have any nasty 4x weaknesses.

People were often expecting Snivy's line to be Grass/Dragon when Black & White information was still being revealed, they also wanted Tepig's line to be Fire/Dark and Oshawott's to be Water/Fighting. But sadly they got disappointed at the 5th Gen starters getting nerfed with terrible stats and movepools, and the fact that Snivy and Oshawott's line were given pure Grass and Water. This is probably why I see most people hating 5th Gen's starters more than other generations.

And making Fennekin's evos Physical-based Fire/Psychic would be a bit silly, it looks like it will be Special-based given the attacks Fennekin was using in the trailer. I'd probably imagine Chespin being Physical-based, Fennekin being Special and Froakie being mixed.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah, they always like to include a traditional early-route rodent and bird like Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat and Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove before it.

I just hope they're cute and not ugly :( I really didn't like Patrat at first and Bidoof doesn't really have a major um, appeal honestly lmao.

blue

gucci
Years
Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to seeing the traditional bird. I've always liked how they portray different birds and so far, all their designs are great.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Stats like Staraptor, but suave like Pidgeot and Swellow. That's what I'd like to see in the new region bird. I was thinking, maybe it might be based off of the Common House Martin (picture below). It's one of the most common type birds found in Europe I believe; correct me if I'm wrong. Since Pidove is based off of New York's most common bird, the pidgeon, it's possible they may follow suit and do the same in this new region as well.

300px-Delichon_urbicum_-Iceland_-flying-8.jpg

Years
I think my sig pretty much tells you what I think of the previous rats..Although Zigzagoon is still one of my favourite looking Pokemon (Linoone not so much) I mean Patrat looks like an upright Bidoof with red eyes. I would like to see a radical new take on the little guy in Gen VI, like making his evo Normal/Psychic or something awesome and different.

I'm fairly indifferent on the birds, but I haven't disliked any of them. (The Hoothoot/Noctowl line still being my favourite)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm expecting a Finch pokemon based on the 2chan leak.

People were often expecting Snivy's line to be Grass/Dragon when Black & White information was still being revealed, they also wanted Tepig's line to be Fire/Dark and Oshawott's to be Water/Fighting. But sadly they got disappointed at the 5th Gen starters getting nerfed with terrible stats and movepools, and the fact that Snivy and Oshawott's line were given pure Grass and Water. This is probably why I see most people hating 5th Gen's starters more than other generations.

That false assumption only proves the fan theory of secondary types for starters being only physical-based prior to Gen IV, but they couldn't give Emboar a Fire/Ground typing due to the 4x Water weakness and its base stats, so they have him a Fighting type rather than Samurott.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... speaking of birds, it would be nice to see a Hummingbird Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I don't think they've used that type of bird yet. I know they've used sparrows, pigeons, swallows, but not a hummingbird. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Stats like Staraptor, but suave like Pidgeot and Swellow. That's what I'd like to see in the new region bird. I was thinking, maybe it might be based off of the Common House Martin (picture below). It's one of the most common type birds found in Europe I believe; correct me if I'm wrong. Since Pidove is based off of New York's most common bird, the pidgeon, it's possible they may follow suit and do the same in this new region as well.

300px-Delichon_urbicum_-Iceland_-flying-8.jpg

That looks like a good final evolution given its size, and for the first evolution maybe just a fatter Tailow...?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm expecting a Finch pokemon based on the 2chan leak.
Given how no new information ever came out that week as was mentioned in the supposed leak, I'd say that the information off of there was likely fake after all. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to having a Finch type Pokémon.

That looks like a good final evolution given its size, and for the first evolution maybe just a fatter Tailow...?
It may appear to be somewhat large in that image, it's actually a pretty small bird. Then again, it wouldn't be something new if GameFreak decided to make it a few sizes bigger.

blue

gucci
Years
Although they may have the generic and simple bird appearence, I would love for them to create a BlackBird Pokemon. They're really cute!
Blackbird-01.jpg

Oh, and a Dove Pokemon since I wouldn't really class Pidove as an actual Dove.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Sandslash isn't that forgetfullll. But yeah, I'd like to see more armadillo pokemon; possibly a grass type, or a rock type. I'd also like a griffin-like pokemon (I know there's pokemon like Wobbuffet and Girafarig) but I mean, the actual head of an eagle, body of a lion-like pokemon. Also a Salamander pokemon; which is wishful thinking!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd like an Armadillo Pokemon that's not Heatmor. Something good and not as forgetful, please. u__u

I thought Heatmor was an anteater, hence the predator/type advantage towards Durant. Kinda like Seviper and Zangoose having their own rivalry because of real-life mongoose and snake rivalries.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Although they may have the generic and simple bird appearence, I would love for them to create a BlackBird Pokemon. They're really cute!
Blackbird-01.jpg

Oh, and a Dove Pokemon since I wouldn't really class Pidove as an actual Dove.

Oh my! A BlackBird Pokémon (knowing we have plenty of them pigging out on the fruit in my garden xD).

It would be interesting to see a BlackBird Pokémon, and since male BlackBirds are the ones with the orange beaks, maybe if it was put into the game... it could have a different appearance between genders. Like one with a cream beak, and one with an orange beak... like the real world ones.

And making it a Dark/Flying-type, since both male and female have kind of black and grey feathers, and in their nature... they tend to be rather sneaky. So it would be perfect for it to be a Dark/Flying-type if one was made. ^^

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Oh my! A BlackBird Pokémon (knowing we have plenty of them pigging out on the fruit in my garden xD).

It would be interesting to see a BlackBird Pokémon, and since male BlackBirds are the ones with the orange beaks, maybe if it was put into the game... it could have a different appearance between genders. Like one with a cream beak, and one with an orange beak... like the real world ones.

And making it a Dark/Flying-type, since both male and female have kind of black and grey feathers, and in their nature... they tend to be rather sneaky. So it would be perfect for it to be a Dark/Flying-type if one was made. ^^

They could give it the ability Gluttony?

blue

gucci
Years
We must have a powerful emulator to run this game on Pc!!isn't It??

The only real use for a ROM that I use is when the Japanese version of the game has been released and then there's a 6 month wait for an International release and even then I try to avoid them.

With Pokemon X & Y being released everywhere within the same month, I don't really see the need of using a ROM when you could go out and buy a copy unless you don't own a 3DS and/or would rather play it on an Emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back