• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
ok so i followed the PHO tutorial called "Advanced Logo Editing"
it worked perfectly until i got in the part where i import it to the rom.

it imports, but on the screen, its all funny-colored

like instead of being b/w, its like yellowish, and also the "Pokemon" gets screwed up as well

im hacking ruby, which is what he used in the tutorial, so idk why it won't work

also how do i change the enemy team name in ruby?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
A Tilemap Editor

For which trainer? They go from 0 to 1AA off the top of my head.

Any flags over 1000 should be fine.

What's the flag number for Prof.Birch? Because I want to have him give a Pokemon to the player after they had gotten 90 Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Best text editor / pokemon editor / map editor / attck editor / starter editor for diamond and pearl?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Best text editor / pokemon editor / map editor / attck editor / starter editor for diamond and pearl?
There is no text editor and map editor for Diamond and Pearl yet. But the others you've mentioned, you can find in the toolbox section or in WAH (Whack A Hack). I can't configure the best one(s) though.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
im using A-text atm, and when i go over the repoint limit a message comes up saying if i continue i cannot edit a clean rom with my ini, does that mean i can still edit the rom i'm editing atm? or can i no longer edit any roms with that ini??

thanks in advance

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
How come PET edits normal trainers good but then when you edit Gym Leaders it always gets attacks wrong?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
im using A-text atm, and when i go over the repoint limit a message comes up saying if i continue i cannot edit a clean rom with my ini, does that mean i can still edit the rom i'm editing atm? or can i no longer edit any roms with that ini??

thanks in advance
No, the reason that it says that is because Advance-Text edits the .ini file, so that if you try to edit it again on a clean ROM (different from the one you edited), then it will be different text.

So, you should just continue editing your ROM, and download a new ini when you want to. :]

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
No, the reason that it says that is because Advance-Text edits the .ini file, so that if you try to edit it again on a clean ROM (different from the one you edited), then it will be different text.

So, you should just continue editing your ROM, and download a new ini when you want to. :]

...i can download an ini? omg, why didnt i think of that? i've been searching through text each time =[

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
i was wondering if someone who has AIM can teach me how to script/insert images correctly/mapping on AM, because i learn better when someone is actually teaching me, rather than tutorials.

edit: and how do i change the sound the pokemon that birch sends out at the beginning of ruby?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Emerald

1-What are the Address Offsets or to change the animation of Water, Flowers and symbols of those scripts!,? and ♥?

2-What Offset to change Crys Pokecrygui in the Emerald?

3-how that changes the music of pokemon selvagen of just one or more maps?

Gold

1-How do I change the color of some blocks? for example: the color of the tree trunk is green and I want to make it brown

2-How to change the color of overworlds? For example the hero is red and I want it to be green

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Gold

1-How do I change the color of some blocks? for example: the color of the tree trunk is green and I want to make it brown

2-How to change the color of overworlds? For example the hero is red and I want it to be green
Palette editing?

Sorry, can't help much with anything else.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
OK, I will restate my question because the last person that answered me didn't understand my question....

In the block editor, I want to move like 20 tiles quickly all at once, downward and fill in other blocks that I added to the bottom of the tileset. Is this possible? I know if you select a tile you can hole CTRL and RIGHT-CLICK to select all the blocks for that one tile and then manually go to the empty block/tile and insert that there. I'm asking for a way to move like 20 tiles all downward to the extra blocks I added at the end of my tilesets (If you really want to know, I'm trying to get Punk Rocker's Kyledove rombase onto Ruby). It took me like literally 2 hours of copying and pasting tile after a tile to finally get one tileset working on ruby.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Edit: Never mind ^^ I solved the problem (which was due to script errors) and rewrote the script so that it works normally. :)

I'm having a rather difficult problem in the hack I'm working on.

While beta testing, I found that I could talk to Cut trees on the overworld before I had the first badge (or, indeed, even had the HM), and I was able to cut them down using Pokemon that didn't even learn the move

View attachment 44166

(and in one case, using a 'pokemon' that was just a black and white question mark).

View attachment 44167

What on earth's going on here? Has anyone had a similar problem? I suppose it could be solved simply by eliminating the Cut HM from the game, but if there's another suggestion someone has, I'd be interested in hearing. Thanks for your time! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back