• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loucas

100% hot
Years
just finished this a minute ago, it's pixel art for my fanmade trainer, Terl and Rein

reinbig.png

any thoughts? thank you!
first time to do this big, be kind XD

oh i never got any feedback from this x.x

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

I think everything is really good except for the arm that's supposed to be coming towards the "camera." It makes that arm look really... well, stumpy, on both of them. I'd just have the arms out to the side doing something like... I dunno, something that arms do? xD Everything else looks okay.

---

For my work, this is a rather large sprite that I made for an RP character (it's enlarged because the original version was very too small and I haven't figured out how to resize this yet without losing all the pixels on it :x). Essentially what I did was just take the BW female swimmer, draw on some clothes, take shoes from the BW sport fans, added more hair, and changed the stretched hand into a fist. Fun fact: the pants are literally just recolored legs. Nothing else.

Spoiler:

LazerBoyEXE

{The Amazing Dimensional Flux}
Years
Pokemon FireRed-StyleRSE Hero Sprites (To Finish!)

Hello, and I've been having problems with getting at least 1 thread in, but now, I think I fixed the problem. Anyways, I might want someone to finish some sprites here for a new hack I'm currently making:

IN THE ATTACHMENTS

So! I got the running animations done... so, maybe someone can help out? Thanks!​

~PEACE

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I tried to sprite the water starter for my game.
waterstarter_pic_by_0_rufus-d6g3y7l.png

Here is the concept of it.
Spoiler:

Years
I tried to sprite the water starter for my game.
waterstarter_pic_by_0_rufus-d6g3y7l.png

It's not bad at all. You don't need a lot of colours that don't change a lot in contrast though, keep that in mind. You have a large canvas to work with so don't be afraid to add extra detail; for example, it might be difficult for some to notice the tail because it looks improperly placed and lacks more focus (or darker outline).

Here's a quick edit:
But before we start, look how small your sprite looks at a 1:1 ratio (which is the size sprites and most pixel art should be at)
308h65w.jpg

It seems rather small doesn't it? Like I said, use the 80x80 or 96x96 canvas that you have and don't use 2x sprites.

281x401.jpg

Here are my edits that are enlarged to 2x and 6x for you to see the edits easier.

• I removed some unnecessary colours
  • added a darker blue colour for outlines
  • Added some shading improvements
  • tail readability is better
This is a very fast edit and I didn't bother to fix the proportions, lack of detail, etc. It's a good thing that you're drawing out concepts, but you should add as much detail as possible while keeping it clean and Pokemon-like.

Years
One sprite sheet does not count as 4 examples. You must have 4 unique sprites in order to qualify for a thread. I'm gonna merge this with Spriter's Showcase.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
I wanted to get feedback on this before I made more/started my own thread. I've basically been shrinking and down and pixeling the Dream World artwork. I haven't sprited in a while and I felt this was a good way to get warmed up again. The colours are all from their B/W sprites.
ezimba12450597537300.gif
ezimba12450539775000.gif
ezimba12450557731900.gif

Bulbasaur - Charmander - Squirtle
(Looking at them now, I need to fix Bulbasaur's eyes and Charmander's tail, if I ever do make a thread, I'll be sure to fix it)

Years
I saw the artwork over on deviantART and it looks a lot like a Pokemon to me. The shading style is different which is not a problem, and you have some unnecessary black outlines.

Last edited:

gunzy1

Ex Spriter
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
My first fakemon sprite done back in 2011. Critique and comments welcomed. It's from my ghost-type line (not to be copied or claimed as your own)
View attachment 69228

Last edited:

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
@gunzy, that's pretty impressive for your first sprite! The outline is good and smooth but there is a bit too much dithering on its head, but besides that, I see nothing wrong!

For you second sprite, again, it's very impressive! The change between The 1st and 2nd stage is good, not too drastic. The outline is a bit jagged and again, a bit too much dithering on the head.

I definitely think you should continue spriting! (After reading your usertitle) You clearly have a lot of potential!

gunzy1

Ex Spriter
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
@gunzy, that's pretty impressive for your first sprite! The outline is good and smooth but there is a bit too much dithering on its head, but besides that, I see nothing wrong!

For you second sprite, again, it's very impressive! The change between The 1st and 2nd stage is good, not too drastic. The outline is a bit jagged and again, a bit too much dithering on the head.

I definitely think you should continue spriting! (After reading your usertitle) You clearly have a lot of potential!

Thanks Keizaal! the over-dithering is specific to how I do ghosts but i did try and smoothen the outlines a bit. My usertitle is as a result of current eye problems but I've done lots of sprites between 2010 and early 2012, so I still have more sprites and resources to share with the community. These are the earliest sprites {:3}

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Alright, so what do you guys think of my custom trainer sprite? I have a few more poses, but this was the first one I did and the 'basic' one, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back