• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 12 Event Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd like to bring the Prism League into this somehow. I'll talk to Polar and see what he thinks since the Prism Cup is already underway. I kinda wish we held it for this now.

Years
So I see we could use a D&D event? Here's a thought.

Name of Activity: Pokemon Presidential Elections

Description of Activity:The 2016 election cycle is approaching quickly, and has arguably, already begun. With the turmoil of the pokemon world being pervasive throughout the plot of the anime and various video game series, it's time to make a change in leadership unless we should continue to allow the fate of the world to be in the hands of perpetual 10-year olds.

Candidates will be given a list of pokemon policy stances and moral dilemmas they must answer concisely in order for the elections committee to form a candidate profile. The submissions will be blind, and the constituents of PC must decide on who they believe made the best arguments for their stances while casting their votes. Obviously D&D isn't everyone's cup of tea, but my hopes are that the clash of the whimsical world of pokemon and the important real world political and ethical dilemmas, including but not limited to, the economy, civil rights, and foreign policy will be a fun way of incorporating D&D for the general PC "constituency's" participation.

Other Judges Involved: Anyone experienced in D&D and would like to offer assistance in devising candidate questions and compiling bios with me :)
EDIT: God has expressed interest in helping...that just sounds wrong. bahahah

Other event suggestions:
Some other usual GT activities include the Singing Competition and Create/Design a Pokemon Competition (maybe design a mega evolution???).

These obviously fit in nicely with the competitive "go for the gold" theme. However, I cannot commit to volunteering for more than one event, but these are pretty low maintenance since they are non-interactive creative competitions.

Last edited:
Years
Name of Activity: GT12 Arcade Event
Description of Activity: Similar to last year's Retro Gaming Event and the Year of Gaming challenges, players will compete for the high scores in any of five classic arcade games. After a game over, players will post a screenshot of their final score, which other players can then try to surpass.
Other Judges Involved: no

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
So I see we could use a D&D event? Here's a thought.

Name of Activity: Pokemon Presidential Elections
Description of Activity: Election season 2016 is approaching quickly, and has arguably, already begun. With the turmoil of the pokemon world being pervasive throughout the plot of the anime and various video game series, it's time to make a change in leadership unless we should continue to allow the fate of the world to be in the hands of perpetual 10-year olds.

Contestants will be given a list of pokemon policy stances and moral dilemmas they must answer concisely in order for the elections committee to form a candidate profile. The submissions will be blind, and the constituents of PC must decide on who they believe made the best arguments for their stances while casting their votes. Obviously D&D isn't everyone's cup of tea, but my hopes are that the clash of the whimsical world of pokemon and the important real world political and ethical dilemmas, including but not limited to, the economy, civil rights, and foreign policy will be a fun way of incorporating D&D for the general PC "constituency's" participation.

Other Judges Involved: Anyone experienced in D&D and would like to offer assistance in devising candidate questions and compiling bios with me :)

I am so here for this! Naturally I'm willing to nominate myself as a judge/organizer.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Name of Activity: Cards Against __________!
Description of Activity: Prove that you are the funniest (or dirtiest, whichever one is most relevant) person in all of PokéCommunity by playing the thrilling card game, Cards Against Humanity!

Cards against humanity would be great!

Etherion

If anyone wants any help organizing an event, im here to help, just Vm me. ^^

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I can't believe that not one person has mentioned Skype...

Name of Activity: GT Skype Event (a better name will be thought out later)
Description of Activity: So you like to chat and or call up your buddies for some chit chat about the latest happenings of what is going on with each others lives, often getting Side tracked about other things of interest like TV shows, that Basketball or Football game or talk about the new video game that came out that you are eagerly wanting to buy? Or do you just want to have some fun with the rest of the PC members and maybe end up meeting/becoming friends with members that you have not come across or just haven't spoken much to? Then look no further away, because the GT Skype Event is the place for all to be, even if you aren't the avid chatot or don't Skype a whole lot, it is for one and all. So come on down for some fun because well, there is going to be some emblems given once the event ends for a few catergories, as well as a participation emblem given to all. It will go on until the end of the GT, so you can Join on in anytime!

This is merely just a suggestion as it wasn't suggested yet. And for records sake, I may not be wholey hosting the event as of the time, but will definitely let the appropiate GT committee know as soon as I find out if I can, that is if the approval committee will approve of the event lol.

If any one wants to host this, they are more than welcome to, if I can't myself! And co-hosts are mandated because of timezones and the Need of more than one host for this event in particular.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Name: Faith Of Humanity is Still Here

About: Share stories that will restore faith in Humanity. It could be sad or happy. The characters can be humans, robots, animals, and more. Oh yeah, If you could give it a unhappy ending or maybe a happy ending! Pictures are available =D !

Judges: Me and .... well I still don't know

Thanks, in advanced! P.S Yey!

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I can't believe that not one person has mentioned Skype...

Name of Activity: GT Skype Event (a better name will be thought out later)
Description of Activity: So you like to chat and or call up your buddies for some chit chat about the latest happenings of what is going on with each others lives, often getting Side tracked about other things of interest like TV shows, that Basketball or Football game or talk about the new video game that came out that you are eagerly wanting to buy? Or do you just want to have some fun with the rest of the PC members and maybe end up meeting/becoming friends with members that you have not come across or just haven't spoken much to? Then look no further away, because the GT Skype Event is the place for all to be, even if you aren't the avid chatot or don't Skype a whole lot, it is for one and all. So come on down for some fun because well, there is going to be some emblems given once the event ends for a few catergories, as well as a participation emblem given to all. It will go on until the end of the GT, so you can Join on in anytime!

This is merely just a suggestion as it wasn't suggested yet. And for records sake, I may not be wholey hosting the event as of the time, but will definitely let the appropiate GT committee know as soon as I find out if I can, that is if the approval committee will approve of the event lol.

If any one wants to host this, they are more than welcome to, if I can't myself! And co-hosts are mandated because of timezones and the Need of more than one host for this event in particular.

Well, why not? I can host, I'm off the whole week, so I can probably manage a good amount of time. My time zone is GMT+2, so that covers West-Europe.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Ok so I'd like to add one more:

Name of Activity: GT Themed Art Contest
Description of activity: So I want there to be an art contest for this GT, if there wasn't one last year (I wasn't around, I'm so sad). Anyway, the contest will involve creating some artistic piece themed around the theme of the GT this year. What the competitors will be creating is yet to be fully determined, but I have a choice of three ideas. I'm sure Fairy will support me when I say Featured artist for the following two weeks is the least of the rewards winnable. But that will be checked and determined fully in planning, should the idea be approved!
Other Judge(s) Involved: Fairy

Last edited:

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
heck i was going to wait until i thought of something to offer help but i'm down to help for cah, isketch, radio nights (if that's like plug.dj or st), and the profile contest

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've moved this thread here, as it's more fitting we felt to have a thread asking for feedback from the community as a whole to be in the section for that, rather than within a crowded section not everyone visits/down towards the bottom.

(Also will be helping with that already mentioned writing prompt comp in the first post.)

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Name of Activity: Breeding Competition
Description of Activity: People will breed Pokémon following certain criteria. A theme will be given, contestants will have to create a backstory as why/how the Pokémon fits the given theme. Good IVs, EV spreads, egg moves, Poké Balls, etc. will also count towards the general score. Entries will be judged on how well they fit the theme, originality, etc. (See this for an example of a previous event.)
Other Judges Involved: Azazel

Last edited:

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Name of Activity : PC's Minecraft Ultra Hardcore V
Description of Activity : Members will get together for an all out war with one another. Following the success of previous UHCs, this one will pit Minecraft players against one another in a Last Man (or Team) Standing event to see who stands above the rest for glory. Following the requested note, there will be a first, second, and third place standing for our top three contenders (or teams). As a special treat, this UHC will be livestreamed on PC's official Twitch channel with possible commentary by members and staff!

:) There will be another Minecraft event coming up and likely a few more gaming-related ones, but hey.

Damn, I love Minecraft. I would love this. I will vote for it ^^.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
Name of Activity: Splatoon Splatterhouse!
Description of Activity: Hop on your Wii-U for an evening (or two) of painting the town map (insert color here) by playing Splatoon with your fellow PC members! Gain new friends and rivals on PC and the game itself!
Other Judges Involved: (I don't think it's needed?)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Name of Activity: The Trivialized Pokemon Encyclopedia
Description of Activity: A thread with a descriptive post can be located here: click because I'm a silly goose and only just thought this would make a great (hopefully) Get-Together idea. The thread itself can be remade or "promoted" as need be. So! Essentially, Trivia members compete to create a hilarious new PokeDex entry for a pre-existing Pokemon, and the quality of the humour and creativity will be judged accordingly. I would suspect to have a first, second, and third place winner, and maybe even a participatory award. I think I'd like to alter the nature of the game slightly so that others may choose what Pokemon they do at will, but nobody can do the same Pokemon. I don't think this will be much of a problem, considering there are so many Pokemon nowadays.
Other Judges Involved: It looks like Starry Windy and Revise Librarian are on board to help out with this! If anyone else would like to, hit me up, please.​

Last edited:
Years
Name of Activity: Get Together Comedy Club

Description: Through the magic of Plug DJ, PokeCommunity can temporarily run its very own comedy club in which instead of using the site to play music videos, we can share some of our favourite stand-up and improv videos with other viewers. Perhaps a participation emblem could also be arranged?

Other Hosts Involved: As of yet none, but if anybody does want to help me out feel free to let me know.

Edit: Also,

Name of Activity: The Blog-Off

Description: Participants are given a topic or a theme for which they must write an entry in their blog about. Then a panel of judges determines which blog entry is the best.

Other Judges Involved: Right now me and Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, I'd like one more to be involved though.

Last edited:

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
Name of Activity: Get Together Comedy Club

Description: Through the magic of Plug DJ, PokeCommunity can temporarily run its very own comedy club in which instead of using the site to play music videos, we can share some of our favourite stand-up and improv videos with other viewers. Perhaps a participation emblem could also be arranged?

Other Hosts Involved: As of yet none, but if anybody does want to help me out feel free to let me know.
Sounds pretty cool! I already have my signature as my funny dance (I dont know why).

Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back