The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 582 69.53%
Alright! 131 15.65%
Average 58 6.93%
Awful.. 16 1.91%
Abomination.... 50 5.97%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Days Ago, 03:00 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Hello, pickaxe!

Works similar to the Axe, except you may or may not have noticed the coloured bar underneath the rock picture. This is a new mechanic im adding to both the axe and pickaxe.

The red icon will move on the bar and you must press enter to make it stop. Depending on the colour it stops at the faster you'll break the rock. Hitting on green will smash the rock(or chop the tree) instantly, while yellow will require 3 hits and grey, 7 hits.

But it also serves a secondary purpose. If you land on the yellow or green sections, you'll get items.
For the axe:
Yellow = 1 sawdust
Green = 3 sawdust

For the pickaxe:
Yellow = pebble
Green = iron ore

These items can be used in some sidequests or refined into more useful items. In any case, this adds a little bit more depth to a fairly mundane thing.
Old 2 Days Ago, 01:58 PM
DonRichardo

DarkDoom please, as soon as you can reply to my message left here a while ago. Its the message #1848 in the page 74, and I really want a reply from you about the issue I report you there.

About the new stuff, well there is nothing i can say that hasn't already been said. Awesome stuff everywhere. In that picture you posted right above me, you smashed that rock so hard it transformed your espeon onto a umbreon.
Old 2 Days Ago, 02:47 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Ah! yes, i must've overlooked that comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRichardo View Post
It may be me, but I feel like the game can become too easy for 2 factors that you may consider changing: Too many powerful items and too much cash.

Agreed. I've reduced the amount of rarer items you get. Too much cash should be taken care of now that ive rebalanced the trainer battle bonuses which is often why people got lots of money.

I think the berries regenerate way too quickly and some have big healing abilities.

Agreed, i've toned down the berry regenerate rate. I've left their healing power intact for now. because, berries heal 100HP right now, and frankly, healing anything less than that would feel like a waste of a turn in a battle.

Items are maybe too common as well, tho there aren't an enormous amount, some of them are too powerful for the story-time you find them. What I mean with this is that you usually find pretty powerful items like revives (phoenix-type items) and super-hyper potions alike at the very beggining of the game, and while I know the mechanics of the game may make this logical based of the high amount of HP the pokemon have, it still looks like too much for me. I believe some items need a nerf, specially the healing items and even more so, berries. About the cash, well I am usually able to buy al the houses avaliable and 99 ethers plus 99 potions and go with that for the entire game while only keeping a few phoenixes and selling the rest of the stuff besides some super powerful items that heal or revive everything instantly (Which I think should be extremely rare, like 1-2 avaliable in the entire game).

Very good point about stuff like potions/ethers being too cheap. It's a hard thing to balance tbh, since I want it to be easy to buy in the early game, but then by the midgame, you can easily carry too much. I think the answer might lie in there being more expensive stuff to buy. In any case i'm gonna go increase the price of the items.

Lastly, about the ManMan, it should only provide junk. Making it able to find powerful potions and power-ups (HP up, attack up, etc) seems overpowered for me even if it takes a while. I think it could provide more junk and more often, but only that, specially since you can craft the power-ups and such by using such junk, and that will encourage people to use the refine system. Otherwise it should be extremely more expensive to buy it from the guy, 399$ is too cheap for what it does now, even 500$ is.

That is a good idea, manman only giving junk items is something I like. I want to keep manman cheap so players who don't know what it does will buy it. Increasing the price too much makes the barrier of entry too high for such a relatively useful item.
Old 2 Days Ago, 06:53 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I love the new mechanic as well as the actual action of cutting/breaking obstacles, it's a lot more fun than having it just happen.

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here