• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I have a question about Blissey. I use this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpD
Calm nature
Natural Cure ability
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

I really dunno what do use on the 4th slot, I was thinking flamethrower, which is nice so Scizor / Lucario won't setup on me. I have T-spikes support, also with flamer I won't be walled by SubSplit Gar. I know "toxic for flyers" etc, but yeah I pretty much dunno with what to go.

"Use whatever your team cant deal with"

No status means more stuff can set up on you. At least Toxic puts a timer on their sweep.

Years
Are you sure your Pokerus didn't run out halfway or something? =| If it's that big of a problem, just keep training, this time by killing them directing with 'Z.

Yep, it still has PKRS.

Did you calculate its EVs at level 100?

Using this (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php) is telling me my spread is 168 into HP, 4 into Defense, 150 into Special Attack. This is very confusing to me seeing as I was given the Effort Ribbon, and my math doesn't seem to be wrong.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Using this (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php) is telling me my spread is 168 into HP, 4 into Defense, 150 into Special Attack. This is very confusing to me seeing as I was given the Effort Ribbon, and my math doesn't seem to be wrong.
It could be an error with the calculator itself, considering you got the Effort Ribbon. Assuming you're absolutely positively sure that you recorded everything correctly, gave it the right vitamins, killed the right Pokémon, etc., then it's most likely a mechanical error.

Years
It could be an error with the calculator itself, considering you got the Effort Ribbon. Assuming you're absolutely positively sure that you recorded everything correctly, gave it the right vitamins, killed the right Pokémon, etc., then it's most likely a mechanical error.

Yep, I'm sure. I recorded everything as I did it in a document. However, I'm beginning to wonder if it's my execution rather than my math that caused the problem because I put some of the other poke's I EVed in the calculator and it gave me another odd number like 160.

Basically, I'd start with Porygon out holding a power lens (or weight for HP) and infected with pokerus. Then, I'd switch in a high level Arcanine to wipe out the Golduck (or Wooper for HP). Rinse and repeat. I've trained 8-10 pokemon from level 1 with this method in the past two weeks, and they all got the EV ribbon.

So...yeah. Confusing and frustrating.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Basically, I'd start with Porygon out holding a power lens (or weight for HP) and infected with pokerus. Then, I'd switch in a high level Arcanine to wipe out the Golduck (or Wooper for HP). Rinse and repeat. I've trained 8-10 pokemon from level 1 with this method in the past two weeks, and they all got the EV ribbon.
That won't affect the number of EVs it gets in any way, so I doubt that's it. I don't know though :/

Years
Dont get the Hidden Power calculaion

Can someone be kind and help me out a bit.

Im trying to get my Zapdos to learn HP Ice, but I really dont get the calculations and formulas to do so... What should I do, im getting Crazy

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Im trying to get my Zapdos to learn HP Ice, but I really dont get the calculations and formulas to do so... What should I do, im getting Crazy
PsyPokes lists the IV combination you need to get the highest base power for each type of Hidden Power. For Ice, you need 31/31/31/30/31/31.

Once you have Zapdos' IVs you can find out what kind of hidden power it has with virtually any calculator, but since you can't breed Zapdos, whatever you have you're kind of stuck with without RNG aid.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Is this lead Aerodactyl viable?

Aerodactyl - Jolly
Pressure - Focus Sash
252 ATK/252 Speed
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Careful Scizor really isn't that great, you want an Adamant Scizor to maximize his Attack potential, also decent IVs are not a guarantee from breeding, all IV chances are random. I would honestly rebreed (you can try RNG abuse if you like to help get an adamant 31 Attack Scizor)

As for the being OHKOed by the various special attacks, I'm pretty sure Rotom-H still has a shot to go through Overheat, but I won't be able to tell unless I have the exact EVs from Scizor.

Ok, thanks for the help. TO be honest, I went with Careful because I got bored trying to breed for Adamant, lol. I'm at it again, I got an Impish one at least.

That, and I kind of liked the bulky scizor strategy with Roost and U-turn, but then again, if any fire type attack (including a heat wave from friggin' Honchcrow) will OHKO him, he's not much of a "wall".

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ok, thanks for the help. TO be honest, I went with Careful because I got bored trying to breed for Adamant, lol. I'm at it again, I got an Impish one at least.

That, and I kind of liked the bulky scizor strategy with Roost and U-turn, but then again, if any fire type attack (including a heat wave from friggin' Honchcrow) will OHKO him, he's not much of a "wall".

Scizor really isn't meant to be much of a wall anyways. It's best used as a late game sweeper (Swords Dance), or a Choice Bander, using U-Turn to scout early game, and attempting to revenge kill with Bullet Punch later.

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Im new to competetive battling. Anyone willing to teach me how it all works? I've picked movesets for three pokemon and need help thinking up items/natures/evs and three other pokemon

Years
Hopefully someone can idiot proof my EV training for me. Before I mess up a million times in row (again?), I hope someone can tell me if my plan of action for EV training a Meowth/Persian (with Jolly nature) is the correct way to go about it.

For 252 Attack:
Spoiler:

For 252 Speed:
Spoiler:

For 4 HP:
Spoiler:

Is this right? This is what I did for several pokemon the past few weeks, and at least one of them didn't come out right for some reason, despite having the effort ribbon and me keeping track of what I was doing.

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
For speed, you meant 15x10, correct? Not 15x15? 15x15 would be 225.

You seem to have it all correct, though. Just remember that Pokerus will always double the EVs you get after you add in any benefits from items. If X is the number of EVs you get from a Pokémon, (4+x)*2 = Power Item, 2(2x) = Macho Brace.
Beyond that it's just making sure you accurately keep track of everything and don't accidentally kill the wrong Pokémon.

Years
For speed, you meant 15x10, correct? Not 15x15? 15x15 would be 225.

You seem to have it all correct, though. Just remember that Pokerus will always double the EVs you get after you add in any benefits from items. If X is the number of EVs you get from a Pokémon, (4+x)*2 = Power Item, 2(2x) = Macho Brace.
Beyond that it's just making sure you accurately keep track of everything and don't accidentally kill the wrong Pokémon.

Yep, my mistake on the 15 x 10 thing.

Okay, then EV train I will. Still not sure what went wrong before.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Okay, then EV train I will. Still not sure what went wrong before.
I know I've had my fair share of screw-ups...I don't know how, but I accounted for a bunch of kills that I actually didn't get, so when I went to get the ribbon the lady just kind of stared at me and told me my Pokémon was lazy.

Years
I know I've had my fair share of screw-ups...I don't know how, but I accounted for a bunch of kills that I actually didn't get, so when I went to get the ribbon the lady just kind of stared at me and told me my Pokémon was lazy.

Lol. A couple times she didn't give me the ribbon, so I'd go back and kill another pokemon in which stat I best guessed I was short in.

Browsing through my PC it looks like a couple (aka one, a Gloom, which isn't perfect) pokemon are correct, or others where one stat is perfect but the other one isn't (Blastoise...).

If only they would tell us where our EV's are in the game...

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
okay this has been bugging me for a while..
why was latias banned? doesn't it have several counters?
And why are they trying to ban salamence now??

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
okay this has been bugging me for a while..
why was latias banned? doesn't it have several counters?
And why are they trying to ban salamence now??

Latias was banned because of the specs set (lol) as it dented even resists with Draco Meteor and all those pokes who could take them were at risk from Trick. Tl;DR utter bs.

People are trying to ban mence because it apparently is too powerful, even though its really not. :/

Anti

return of the king
Years
Latias was banned because of the specs set (lol) as it dented even resists with Draco Meteor and all those pokes who could take them were at risk from Trick. Tl;DR utter bs.

People are trying to ban mence because it apparently is too powerful, even though its really not. :/

Speak for yourself.

Latias was indeed banned for its Specs set not because it dented resists with Draco Meteor but because in general it was really pretty impossible to switch into unless you had Blissey or ScarfTar. All of the Steel-types were wasted by Surf and/or HP Fire. And yeah Blissey can be Tricked but then Latias is pretty weak lol. Nevertheless, Latias was really really strong and a total pain to take out. That bulk and the resistances did not help. As D_A's post shows, it's still somewhat controversial, but I can't say I've heard of anyone who is sad to see it go besides maybe the people who abused it.

For Salamence it's basically the same thing only people hype the mix set and the DDer too. It seems a lot more controversial than Latias though among good players, and my feeling is that it will not be banned, but that's just a guess. But yeah, notice the common denominator of the Dragon typing...Dragons are pretty strong haha.

Chains

Psychic Trainer
Years
lists the IV combination you need to get the highest base power for each type of Hidden Power. For Ice, you need 31/31/31/30/31/31.

Once you have Zapdos' IVs you can find out what kind of hidden power it has with virtually any calculator, but since you can't breed Zapdos, whatever you have you're kind of stuck with without RNG aid.

I know this was posted yesterday but 31/31/31/30/31/31 doesnt give HP Ice 70 it gives HP Electric 70. The best IV Combination for HP Ice 70 would be.
31/30/30/31/31/31, Or 31/X/30/31/31/31 (X being 2-6-10-14-18-22-26-30).
Other options for HP Ice would be 31/31/31/31/31/30, 31/X/31/31/31/30 (X being 3-7-11-15-19-23-27-31), And 30/31/30/31/31/31, 30/X/30/31/31/31 (X being 3-7-11-15-19-23-27-31).

Back