• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
To be honest, I think I've only ever completed one challenge, and it was the first challenge I ever did; a monotype ground on Pearl. That was such a long time ago, so probably back in 2009 when I did that challenge, before this place was born.

Anyway, I thought this might be an idea for a challenge, similar to the Kickin' it Old School challenge. It's similar to that challenge, but you have to use Pokemon purely from another region, so it'd help if you could trade, or hack if you're on an emulator. So if you were playing Sapphire, you'd have to use either all Pokemon introduced in the first, or second generation.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I think as soon as school ends, I'll finally be getting back to that personal 151 solo challenge. I'm actually trying to decide whether to do one right now or not, since I've actually gotten some free time. :P
Now that I think about it, I have a three day weekend as well, so I may do a few each day. Like, 8 or so, if I work hard enough. 8 Each day.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
^ Wow...

My reading holiday has started :D In Denmark we have a "reading holiday", with is from end of May to summer holiday, where we only have exams. In other words: A month with only a few schooldays :D

I like how we have 5 holidays a year where i live, even though that means a shorter summer holidays (I mean, 6 weeks is still much :P)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.

This sounds pretty fun. If you were to start it, then I'd definitely join up. knowing me, I'd probably do it with every single set.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the item thing would work or not. There are 48 sets, but I don't think that is too many and by using just one it will limit you quite a bit (especially if you choose one such as Team Magma vs. Team Aqua over Jungle, it just depends on what difficulty level people want). I think that using the PokeBeach site would be fine for linking to because it lists all of the current sets and gives scans for each card. I thought about letting people use their own sets but there would be no way to limit it D:. I'm looking for a full list of offically released Theme decks, but I'm having trouble finding one. I think if we can find a complete list of them, we could limit it by that which would provide further limitation than complete sets. Bulbapedia looks pretty good. Maybe go here, choose either Original, Gym, Neo, e-Card, EX, Delta, Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, HGSS, or BW, or Other, then click one of the links under whatever you chose and see what theme decks it has and choose one of those. Its kind of drawn out, but it is the best place I could find.

note: I'm working on the thread for this challenge, so no one make one please :)

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
If you're talking about a TCG challenge, based on only using Pokemon from a certain deck type, then I'd be all good for that. It'd give me a reason to start my Soulsilver again, which is always nice. :D

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It is a TCG challenge, Alternative. By the way, I sent the thread in which brings me to my next suggestion, a 'Check to see if your challenge has been accepted' thread, similar to how the RP sections has one for roleplays and how (I think) the club areas have one for club makers to know.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I know Other Clubs doesn't have one, but seriously, that's a good idea. I don't think it should be anything like the Role Playing thread in any way, as that's actually active, but have just a simple directory thing, so if you're looking for a certain challenge, you can go straight there. If you think of a good challenge idea and it isn't in the list, feel free to make it. If it's not too hard, Sydian could make an update every week for challenges that have been accepted and add them to the list.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Yeah a directory would be great. I'm not sure of the amount of new threads get submitted a week here, but we probably wouldn't need the original thread I mentioned, just a directory updated every week with new challenges and ones that died. I wouldn't mind making one if Syd allowed it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think if this place had more challenges coming in, then I'd make one. Depends on the roll in. But tbh, it'd be more like a wall of shame, because most challenges that await approval are from people with no posts and are likely to never even come back to this section (or PC as a whole) to even check if they're approved. And most are neglected from the start, with the challenger not even partaking. That's the downfall to most unapproved challenges, really.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Is that to the See if your challenge has been accepted thread, or the directory idea, because I think the directory could work really well. It's not really a wall of shame, as it's just showing those challenges which already exist, and is also a reference guide to challenges which have already been created, so there aren't any like that in the future.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, lmao. I was talking about the "see if you challenge has been approved" thread. That would be such a wall of shame. XD Directory thread/Challenge index I used to think was a bad idea, but that was back before there were so many challenges. I could whip a thread up within this week or something though. Perhaps Friday, since I'll be rushing a challenge tomorrow and I'll have class the next two days (yeah, my one month of summer was p fun I guess lmao /no life). I'll provide a nice description of each challenge and make it pretty, I reckon~ I LIKED THINGS TO BE DETAILED AND AESTHETICALLY PLEASING because burning eyes is bad.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well I'm doing practically nothing over the next however many days until I land myself a job, so I could easily whip something up and PM you what I make or something? :3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
/Flies back again. v_v

Yay Half-term! You know what that means? :D Challenges! \o/ not studying or having a life

What to do first. >:3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You should do the Victini challenge. Pretty much, whatever Victini tells you to do, you have to do it, so if there was a "Victini says fly" then you must use a Pokemon that can learn fly. If there's a "Victini says get on all fours for sexy action" then you must use a Pokemon which has four legs.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I pretty much made that up on the spot. Kinda lulzy if you ask me.

But if you're seriously lookinf for a new challenge, deku just made the TCG challenge, so you might be interested in that. It seems interesting enough to me, so I might even restart my soulsilver just to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back