• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sunny Day Team Help :)

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
I just obtained a shiny Ninetales and want to start a Sunny Day Team. Only definite members so far are Tangrowth, Chandelure and Ninetales.

Someone mentioned Ferrothorn, but I was thinking that a Pok?mon 4x weak to fire, which gets a boost in the sun anyway, might not be a good idea. I was eager to use a Scior but the same principle.

I want to use a Gigalith for Stealth Rock support. Typical Custap Berry set.

I definitely need a Rapid Spinner considering a couple of fire types'll be lurking.

Also, considering Cresselia seriously.

Ideas?

Also, I Don't wanna use the typical Fire and Grass types - I wanna use things that are strong against fire and can take advantage of the fact that water is weakened, like Gigalith.

Last edited:

Gallade7

Fan of Gallade
Years
Scarfed Eruption Typhlosion as a revenge killer would be unstoppable.
Fire Punch Banded Golem?

Just some ideas :D

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
Typhlosion deffo sounds like a possibility >: D
and doesn't Golurk have a punching ability? Iron Fist or something? is that just DW?

Gallade7

Fan of Gallade
Years
Golurk does have Iron Fist it's not DW I think, but I dunno if it can abuse the sun. Except it doesn't need to fear most water types? (Except maybe Modest 31/252 Kyogre, even in the sun)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You're missing out valuable sun abusers like Venusaur, Exeggutor, Heatran, Victini. Heatran can give you Rocks support. Gigalith is just rubbish for an OU team. Choice band Fire Punch Golem is just a waste of space IMO. It wastes a space in your team. He could be replaced by something stronger like Darmanitan or Victini. See how much Fire Punch Golem does compared to a Choice Band, Sun boosted STAB'd V-Create. o__o

You have to use Pokemon that can abuse the sun, and that doesn't mean loading your team with Rock types because their water weakness is lowered. Sawsbuck is an excellent abuser. Being able to decimate entire teams with Sun support.

But don't just load your team with Fire types as well. Mix it up.

Gallade7

Fan of Gallade
Years
I was just throwing ideas in the metaphorical "pot" with the Golem, but I stand strong with my Scarfed Eruption Typhlosion.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I was just throwing ideas in the metaphorical "pot" with the Golem, but I stand strong with my Scarfed Eruption Typhlosion.

I know that. I was just stating that Golem is extremely outclassed by other Sun Abusers. I think that Scarf Typhlosion is a good idea though. I may try that myself.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
see, most of those Pokémon aren't easy to get hold of. I was thinking Claydol for Rocks and Spin together, so i can get rid of Gigalith...but i don't think Gigalith is rubbish. It always gets a guaranteed 2 hits in, and with a massive attack stat, its second can do some damage. I WOULD consider Victini, but my Victini is a rubbish nature D;

What I've got so far is:

Claydol for rocks and rapid spin, Ninetales for drought, Arcanine for revenge killing and coverage, Tangrowth for tanking, Cresselia for defense and Hydreigon for all-out offense.

I especially wanna try out Hydreigon ^.^

Last edited:

Gallade7

Fan of Gallade
Years
Well if you wanna test it out, I'm up for a battle, I didn't wanna battle in the tournament yesterday, so I turned a few people down...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
see, most of those Pokémon aren't easy to get hold of. I was thinking Claydol for Rocks and Spin together, so i can get rid of Gigalith...but i don't think Gigalith is rubbish. It always gets a guaranteed 2 hits in, and with a massive attack stat, its second can do some damage. I WOULD consider Victini, but my Victini is a rubbish nature D;

What I've got so far is:

Claydol for rocks and rapid spin, Ninetales for drought, Arcanine for revenge killing and coverage, Tangrowth for tanking, Cresselia for defense and Hydreigon for all-out offense.

I especially wanna try out Hydreigon ^.^

Be especially wary about other weather-users too. Since your team is focused around one weather condition, you might get shafted when Politoed or Tyranitar comes out. That's not to say that Tangrowth would destroy both with Power Whip, but they have large openings to switch in. For the same reason, don't use SolarBeam too often, and be especially wary if you're going to heal Cresselia with Moonlight with a Tyranitar on the foe's team. I feel like Stallrein would pose some trouble too.

Also watch out for the sun going against you. When I've faced sun teams in the past, I've sometimes been able to actually use the power boost from the sun to my advantage. Be especially wary of Heatran, who is immune to Fire-type attacks and can tank just about anything while firing off super-powered Fire Blasts, Earth Power, and Dragon Pulses at your team.

Have you tried Solar Power Charizard? That thing is a mean one.

Back