• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Is there anyway to evolve my Lampent? I checked the threads and I found someone saying it would evolve at Level 60 which it didn't -_- :L. I know there's an in game trade for one with a Zebstrika but I've spent alot of time grinding it to 60 :') Any help would be much appreciated :L

There's a guy in Flamerny Town who'll trade a Lampent for a Zebstrika...once you get the Lampent, it evolves. As far as being a level-based evo, you are out of luck

Hi guys, I just wanted to launch a small discussion to help me make a choice.

Till now I have chosen Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and I am already starting to wonder if I did it wrong. I can't help it, I always tend to choose fire pokemon over the others and those 3 look cooler than any of their generations starters, in my opinion.

However I have came to a debate when I am asked to choose the fourth generation starter.

I don't know their movesets in this game, so could anyone enlighten me on those and advice me on which one I should choose and why?

Thanks alot

I'm big on Infernape...Fast and powerful...also, it learns Mach punch (favorite high priority move other than extremespeed)

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
There's a guy in Flamerny Town who'll trade a Lampent for a Zebstrika...once you get the Lampent, it evolves. As far as being a level-based evo, you are out of luck

I'm big on Infernape...Fast and powerful...also, it learns Mach punch (favorite high priority move other than extremespeed)

Is Mach punch that good? I've always considered it kind of weak. Also, I'm not sure about a fire type cause I already have a beast Magmortar ;D

Any other opinions or thoughts on? Also, besides mach punch, what moveset would he be great with?

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
If you mean codes like Gameshark I don't like to cheat it's not fun. Is there any rare candy glitch

LOLOLOLOL

Glitching=cheating.

using a gameshark to get as many rare candies as u can is the same as glitching to get as many rare candies as you can.

Gameshark is easier, but still the same unfair advantage

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I talk to everyone in Flamerny twice.....no professor.

>.<
she has blonde hair and is wearing a lab suit, does that help? xD

Is there anyway to evolve my Lampent? I checked the threads and I found someone saying it would evolve at Level 60 which it didn't -_- :L. I know there's an in game trade for one with a Zebstrika but I've spent alot of time grinding it to 60 :') Any help would be much appreciated :L
Lampent only evolves by tradeing :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2011
she has blonde hair and is wearing a lab suit, does that help? xD

I wish. Anyone else has any idea? Somehow I gotten all 3 gen 5 starters already, battle the 2 new rivals 3 times already(at the same location), and the same Silver twice already.

I feel like I am trap in a endless loop.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
ok i need help im stuck on the at the zoo part where you have to search for the missing pokemon where do you find snorlax and steelix

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2011
I find Professor Ellie at Suner Town....but she is just standing there and won't talk even if I go to her.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
does anyone know where I can find the 7th ice gym leader?
ok i need help im stuck on the at the zoo part where you have to search for the missing pokemon where do you find snorlax and steelix
Hundreds of times both of your questions have been answered,please use the search button.

I find Professor Ellie at Suner Town....but she is just standing there and won't talk even if I go to her.
You my friend, might have to start over your game, you have to either start over or find the root of your problem, like retraceing your steps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2011
What do you mean by retracing the game?

I can get another Unova starter from prof. ellie again....4th time along with another battle with the 2 rivals, silver, getting Rocelle back to her gym, and talk to the 2 steam grunt.

Last edited:

leews24

ha
Years
What do you mean by retracing the game?

I can get another Unova starter from prof. ellie again....4th time along with another battle with the 2 rivals, silver, getting Rocelle back to her gym, and talk to the 2 steam grunt.

The 5 gen starter is a known glitch. I had it, another dude had it, its just like the
item revival glitch.

By retracing you go back, step by step. Go south, go back to zhery, etcetc
then go back to Ellie.
That often helps because you mightve missed a trigger.

Years
My team was:

Blastoise - not too good... probably the worst in my team

Toxicroak - pretty good. Nice range of movesets and its Sludge Bomb and Cross Chop is awesome xD

Glalie - I couldn't figure out how to evolve my Snorunt into Froslass (and I STILL don't know), so I had no choice but to evolve it to Glalie... better than Blastoise though

Milotic - Easy to level up and a good bulk. Its a shame how it had limited movesets though... but still one of my favourites

Zoroark - Awesome!! But again, 3rd Gen moves didn't really have a strong Dark Attack... which is a pity. Its Flamethrower was very powerful though xD

Hydreigon - took me LOTS of time to level up, but its worth it~ xD Probably one of the strongest in my team

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2011
The 5 gen starter is a known glitch. I had it, another dude had it, its just like the
item revival glitch.

By retracing you go back, step by step. Go south, go back to zhery, etcetc
then go back to Ellie.
That often helps because you mightve missed a trigger.

What are some triggers I should keep in mind? I am going to rebattle the elite 4, then take the ferry to Lauren.

Since everyone else is posting their team, here is mine

Tyranitar
Skyrmory
Swampert
Empoleon
Scizor
Cradily

Last edited:

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Any kind soul can post patched rom here, I have problem with patching.

leews24

ha
Years
What are some triggers I should keep in mind? I am going to rebattle the elite 4, then take the ferry to Lauren.

Since everyone else is posting their team, here is mine

Tyranitar
Skyrmory
Swampert
Empoleon
Scizor
Cradily

All triggers are important, esp the rival battles, but theyre unavoidable.
Try the ones closest to the place your having a problem with.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How did the minor glitch even happen?
Who knows... maybe Wes decided to switch those two but forgot to edit icons =)

Lemme tell you this... There's no way for one pokemon to evolve into the same one by using more then 1 option =D So since there's a in-game trade Lampent must evolve by trading =D

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Questions again:

1. How can I evolve my Misdreavus into a Mismagius? Any1 know if he's worth it?
2. Chimchar or Piplup or Turtwig?
3. Electivire or Luxray?
4. Why doesn't my Deino appear on the pokedex? Also, the one I got was a female, to get a male, must I breed or can I catch another one? Which nature(s) would be best for him?
5. Where can I catch a Ditto?
6. Is Zoruark worth it?
7. What about Archeops? He doesn't have that crappy nature anymore, which might be good. Is it?

Back