• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lonely, Bullied, Abused Teen Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
http://abcnews.go.com/International...-youtube-video/story?id=17463266#.UH2S-1GuVSS

This is making me cry. Nobody deserves to be treated like this. How can people be so horrible? I can sympathize a lot, although I was never treated THIS badly... I just have less and less hope for humanity every day. :(

What can be done to stop this horrible behavior? Is there any hope, or will these things always happen to those that don't deserve it?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I saw this on Twitter a couple days ago, it's really unfortunate.

There's a school district near me that's had 11 suicides in the past four years and 15 attempts within five months, people don't understand how serious bullying is.

Years
I read something today that says people may have found out who was bullying her. That won't help her now, but maybe it will give other online bullies pause if they realize that they aren't as anonymous as they think they are.

Years
That...was almost painful to read. Ouch, that poor girl.

Sadly, I think unless there starts being some kind of major repercussion to bullying others, nothing's going to stop it. And I don't mean the slap on the wrist that schools like to give (or at least, that my schools used to give - something like suspension for a few days won't help much. Once that bully comes back, it starts all over again). Those kind of people will bully others for whatever reason just because they can and because they can get away with it. Maybe having more dire consequences for their actions would make them at least back off....or maybe not. :(

It also doesn't help that one course of action that's bandied about, or at least was for me, was to "just ignore people like that." No. That doesn't work, at least not for the more serious bullies. More people need to speak out about being bullied so that something can be done in the first place!

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I read something today that says people may have found out who was bullying her. That won't help her now, but maybe it will give other online bullies pause if they realize that they aren't as anonymous as they think they are.
Yes... let us hope that they can get caught. Cyberbullying is just as bad as regular bullying, and people feel that they can get away with it because they can hide behind a username. Well... there are always ways to catch them. And ban them from the more upstanding sites.

I was bullied extensively in certain places just because of people who needed to have someone to be bigger or better than. They're still lifeless zombies who don't have lives outside of their bedrooms, while I'm actually trying to do something with myself. I take solace in knowing that there is someone that I'm better than - and it's the people who try to be bigger than me by putting me down. I don't resort to that kind of thing. I resort to actually being productive to have satisfaction, as opposed to trying to be bigger than somebody. I look back upon myself and who I was five years ago and realize just how pathetic I was, and that I'm not anymore, and that I no longer have to waste my life being bullied by jerks. That's what I take solace in. I've moved beyond it - they haven't, and likely never will get over the past. Plus, they kept at it, because having their messages reported and moderated made them think that they got to me, and it was just sad...

Good thing I know where some of them live, so if they did anything that crossed the line... well, they could be caught. I'm not one to go there myself, because that would make me a hypocrite. I'm beyond that. It doesn't get to me anymore, even if I do feel lonely... but that's for a different reason.

marcc5m

what
Years
People get bullied all the time for being ugly, gay, stupid etc. They commit suicide, a few people will be slightly upset by it.

This girl gets bullied for getting her boobs out over the internet and sleeping with boys who had girlfriends. Everyone cares because she posted a dramatic video that's been done before by people who remained strong and did not kill themselves.

Not saying she deserved to be bullied so much, especially to the point of suicide, even if what she done was horrible, but so many people are acting like this has never happened to people who were bullied for something they were born with that was out of their control, then everyone and their mother thinks it's the saddest story of the year when a girl who got bullied for being a **** and an attention seeker kills herself.

It's Kony all over again.

Years
People get bullied all the time for being ugly, gay, stupid etc. They commit suicide, a few people will be slightly upset by it.

This girl gets bullied for getting her boobs out over the internet and sleeping with boys who had girlfriends. Everyone cares because she posted a dramatic video that's been done before by people who remained strong and did not kill themselves.

Not saying she deserved to be bullied so much, especially to the point of suicide, even if what she done was horrible, but so many people are acting like this has never happened to people who were bullied for something they were born with that was out of their control, then everyone and their mother thinks it's the saddest story of the year when a girl who got bullied for being a **** and an attention seeker kills herself.

She's dead. She was 15. I don't know what else I need to say.

Let me educate you a bit on double standards. Girls get pressured to be sexual. Boys get this as well. The difference is when girls do it they get called things like the word I'm sure is hidden behind those asterisks in your post. Boys get complimented for having sex. Girls become "unclean," become "acceptable" targets.

This girl didn't ask to be targeted by some creep. She didn't ask to be attacked by the kids at her school.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
And this kiddies is what happens when you give out nudes.

Given how straight to **** her life went I'm wondering why her parents never intervened.

Last edited:
Years
It's a very disheartening story. Despite her eventually killing herself, I think she was a remarkably strong person. She got kicked down repeatedly and she tried many many times to pick herself up and start fresh. Despite her past experiences she tried to put her trust and faith in the people around her. I think it takes a lot of strength to be able to do that after having such previous bad experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It's a very disheartening story. Despite her eventually killing herself, I think she was a remarkably strong person. She got kicked down repeatedly and she tried many many times to pick herself up and start fresh. Despite her past experiences she tried to put her trust and faith in the people around her. I think it takes a lot of strength to be able to do that after having such previous bad experiences.

Starting to use drugs and alcohol is considered picking yourself up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Should remove the pic though, because A) The language, and B) It's justifying the bullying.

Edit - The main pic doesn't fall under B, but the enlightenment part under it does.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

SvSDN.gif

Do you realize the massive amounts of misogyny that you're spouting right now? Do you realize that the implication of your words are that she has no "right" to be depressed because she made a mistake?

Do you realize that words like the ones you're saying right now are the reason she killed herself?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Mr. X and Drakow said:
image discussion

I just got rid of the image anyway. I think its message can be better explained with much more appropriate wording.

Anyway, carry on!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Do you realize the massive amounts of misogyny that you're spouting right now? Do you realize that the implication of your words are that she has no "right" to be depressed because she made a mistake?

Do you realize that words like the ones you're saying right now are the reason she killed herself?

I think he is saying, 'Go ahead and do what you want, but be ready to live with the mistakes.'

But he has a point. The only time we hear about cases like this is if the person made a youtube video beforehand. I've had a couple of friends kill themselves because of bullying, but they were ignored by the media because they would rather focus on the ones who made the youtube videos.

People need to remember this. The media isn't reporting this because they care. They are reporting this because they know it will get viewers.

marcc5m

what
Years
Obviously you've never been bullied..?

Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHHAHAHA!

I've been bullied my entire life for being ugly, I'm absolutely terrified whenever I'm around people in case they laugh at me, I have absolutely no self-esteem, during lunch at school I used to hide in the school toilets so I wouldn't have to be near anyone, I had to leave school early so I wouldn't get beaten up on the way home, even today I'm still scared to go outside, or even open my curtains in case anyone walks by my window and sees it. Nobody ever cares about that. Real bullying. And hey, look, I'm still alive, despite the amount of times I've wondered how much better it would be for everyone else if I killed myself.

This girl flashes on the internet and sleeps with boys that have girlfriends. She got called some names over the internet for it. It's the worst thing to ever happen to anyone.

marcc5m

what
Years
Exactly. If there hadn't been any "She deserved it" comments, she'd be alive right now. And do you realize that the RCMP is threatning those who post comments like this with arrest? We have something called hate speech law in Canada.

A couple? Now you're trolling.

If there hadn't been comments saying she deserved to die, she'd still be alive right okay I can see that.

EDIT: How do you know his friends never killed themselves? Oh that's right, because the media didn't take their stories and exaggerate it and make it seem like the only suicide ever. Which is exactly my point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back