• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Uh,maybe you should look it up in one of the tuts.Or paste the script your using and use spoiler tags for it.Otherwise everyone will nail you down for not doing so;)

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
I tried to use this script, (Yes it is the example in diegos thread) but I can't get it to work.
Spoiler:

Help.
P.s. Yes I have read the guide, my text is all functional. But this script doesn't work :(

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
Do you have any other, give a pokemon/item script? Otherwise I can't even start my hack xD.
Will be really grateful.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
No sadly,Im a newb at this as well,besides the point givepkmn scripts are hrder for me than applymovements and such.

Alright this script works fine

Spoiler:

At least I think.I set the movements right on Amap.After the battle he stays there,and when I trigger the event he says "Hold up!" agian but this time,there is no battle and he says see ya than leave.The battle works the first time,but after that you can can keep triggering the event without a battle and thats when he walks to me than walks away.Any ideas on this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this script:
Spoiler:

I don't see anything wrong with it, anyone?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
TheDarkAngel: By this, do you mean that the text appears, but you don't receive the Pokemon?

Also, on your newest post, the script looks good.

No, when I use both of these scripts, after they get compiled nothing happens they don't get saved, their script stays the same and doesn't change.
The text that works is just when I edit what people say and don't add any movement, then it works.

Larsie13

No, when I use both of these scripts, after they get compiled nothing happens they don't get saved, their script stays the same and doesn't change.
The text that works is just when I edit what people say and don't add any movement, then it works.
This has been said a lot of times, but some people just don't seem to listen: Use #dynamic 0x800000, because otherwise you'll risk overwriting important data.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
Larsie, where would I place it? Because I tried at the top of my script and it still gives me the same problem. (I try searching, but I looked through pages of nothing that helped :(. Yes I am completely new at this, sorry.)

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
TheDarkAngel:

Did you remember to re-copy your new offset back into AdvanceMap? (assuming you're using A-map)

It sounds like you say that you are recompiling your script, but it is doing the same thing it did when you originally compiled it.

Please tell me if I misunderstand.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
TheDarkAngel:

Did you remember to re-copy your new offset back into AdvanceMap? (assuming you're using A-map)

It sounds like you say that you are recompiling your script, but it is doing the same thing it did when you originally compiled it.

Please tell me if I misunderstand.
Can you say that in simple english?(I don't get the technical terms for hacking yet, xD) I think I misunderstood you, but are you asking if I am re-entering the old files?

Tyson: Thank you.

Edit: It still doesn't work.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Also make sure to have the log button enabled than when its compiled the box that comes up you click copy by the first offset you see,than you paste it in Amap

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Just a sec... I'll post some screenshots.

EDIT:

Nevermind, forgot I can't post URLs yet. I'll PM you.

Last edited:

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
Would this work:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back